Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

So my go to thing at pax east is just to go to the open gaming area and camp out there as much as possible. I wanted to do that at gencon and while I've seen the Lucas oil stadium room before I didn't really try to do pick up games there because it seemed harder what with the door fee and fewer people putting up looking for players signs. Any advice for someone who is often solo looking to do "hey whatcha playing? Cool deal me in" type stuff? Anyone doing meetups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

The reason I try to do pickup games is because my friends are poorly organized and don't like board games as much as I do so actually getting together with some like minded folks and playing some goddamn games instead of whatever the hell else people are doing is a nightmare so I have to split off and meet new people if I want to play games I haven't played before. Groupme sounds useful though.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I don't spend too much time at the vendor hall but it is nice to just, see things I might not have found out about otherwise. Plus I tend to go find the booth with old rpg books at buy one get two free and just get some dumb new old tabletop property I might never have heard of.