Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Got a badge. Got an AirBnB (that I expect to get cancelled...). Now what? Waiting. Forever waiting from one GenCon to the next...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Dr. Quarex posted:

How did your Gen Con 2018 go WerrWaaa?!?!

loving stellar. I can barely contain my excitement for 2019 and it's still so far awaaay. :(

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Fellis posted:

I’m gonna queue up for first in the consignment shop this year instead of the vendor hall rush

Same. Last year was the first time I realized what was actually going on in those rooms and I'm afraid for my wallet and gaming time this year.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

When and where can we expect to start seeing lists of cool poo poo coming out at GenCon?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Dr. Quarex posted:

Now I understand part of why you had a great time last year WerrWaaa.

Frequent drinking with childhood friends is also a big part of it. Let's be honest-- I probably won't make it to any goon gaming this year, because there are lots of people I need to spend time with, BUT IT'S NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE WEIRD STRANGERS FROM THE INTERNET. I like that about you.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Ego Trip posted:

Just do what I did and get your nongoons to hang out with the goons.

It's a wonderful plan IF I can get my awkward rear end friends to talk to other people. I will try-- GroupMe to the GenCon rescue.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Modiphius just sent out an email offering $100 store credit for running a 4-hour session of any of their RPGs, if'n y'all were tryin' to get some of their products and happen to like running RPGs. (I'm strongly considering it just so I can buy a bunch of Vampire books.)

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I think they are going to do a new print run that takes that specific flavor out of the Bruha but I also have limited understanding of recent WoD wads.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

If singing to pregnant tummies is good for baby development than nerd herding in a con certainly must be.

Also, Star Trek: will try to snap up a seat! I'd likely bite the bullet and run a game if Tales from the Loop was on their list :(

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Avenging Dentist posted:

Having spent most of my life in the Midwest, I'm going to make the following assertion: Indiana is, in fact, a part of the South.

Having been born and raised in Indiana I can confirm this.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Waffle House is great fight me

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Ilor posted:

Waffle House I've been in that had its own armed guard. :stare:

Checks out.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Sugarfire BBQ opened last year and it's real good. Once Scotty's discontinued their beer towers I lost all lust for life.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Ilor posted:

True Dungeon was definitely in the "not worth the money" camp for me. My wife loves it, but I was kinda "meh."

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Tournaments are a bad time. Demos and auctions and drinking and staring at all the glorious poo poo I shouldn't buy-- that's where it's at

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

A dear friend got into that tourney and it ruined GenCon for him. :(

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I don't know if this has ever been mentioned but I got some killer deals buying used board games from people on Facebook and picking them up at GenCon instead of shipping. A fringe benefit of a bajillion gamers all on the same city block from around the country. Keep an eye on those online buy-sell-trade groups as GC19 approaches.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

OB_Juan posted:

Here's hoping Shadowrun 6th drops at Gen Con!

gently caress yes. This is the first I heard of it and google showed me the glorious news.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Event catalogue Sunday at noon.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

nesbit37 posted:

I would fully expect things like Gen Con SoCal to reappear.

God, please.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Avenging Dentist posted:

So long as they’re at different times of the year so I can go to both. :getin:

Bingo

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

The events catalog is up and I am overwhelmed and I love it.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

When will we be able to see an auction schedule?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I already feel like I'm running out of time at Gen Con just by talking about it and browsing the events list. So much anxiety.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

What events seem to be the best use of your time? This thread has already mentioned the problems with tournament play, and your love for the auction. Do you do a lot of demos in the dealer hall? RPGs? Open game room stuff? Wandering aimlessly? Workshops and seminars? My inclination to learn toward a few RPGs I want to learn, one-off demo games, and wandering between the dealers and auction in my free/sober time.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Last year an entire group of L5R RPGers didn't show up to their table so my whole group got in on generics, and they didn't even both taking tickets for all of us. It was a blast.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

But all those hot new releases :(

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I've waited in line for the bathroom and I would do that again.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

8500 in line and only got tickets to the Deviants party and one ccg tournament for a long dead game. :/

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I'm not packing but I am writing out my packing list. And my shopping list. Anyone have a link to a list of exclusives? Here are some relevant BGG links.

Gen Con Math Trade

RPG companies expected to have releases at Gen Con

Promos you can get at GC '19 events

New games releasing at GC '19

Sorry if I'm repeating something.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Gross. Also the store has the mug next to a nike football and I wonder where the cross over is between the people who support both of those things.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I've never gone to Games on Demand yet I desperately want to. Hopefully this will be the year. Is there a catalog of available games I can play there?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

On a plane to Indy tonight. Get in.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

In will call line AMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Spent many hours in the auction this year and got nothing. But drat that Half Price Books booth has been lit.