Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

First of all, put Kuma's Corner (https://kumascorner.com/location/kumas-indy/) on that motherfuckin' food list right now. I know it's all the way out in Fountain Square, but so's my AirBnB so there you go.

Second, System Mastery gonna be there again, if anyone in here cares. We'll be running two recording live shows (System Mastery and Expounded Universe) and also a new thing, Quiztem Mastery, which is going to be a live-only panel style quiz show with guests from other podcasts. Basically Big Fat Quiz but RPG/Game themed. Probably run a few games too, haven't decided yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Why aren't you making James shell out for a sweet hotel room??

I blame his rapid acquisition of dozens of tiny startup podcasts, now he can't afford to offer hotel coverage to the network because there's like 30 people in it. Whatever, our Airbnb was rad as gently caress last year and it's the same folks. Booze, easy walk to Kuma's, Lyft ride takes like five minutes.

Also everyone in the whole got-drat network got lottery numbers above 3 pm. He had to beg listeners for a better slot. Meanwhile we were slotted in (at 250 for the whole stay) like a month ago.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Dr. Quarex posted:

Posting again because I was just looking through my archives for Gen-Con photos and found a diary I kept for all of about three weeks in 1997 instead

Keep it tuned here for ongoing riveting coverage of the event

Gonna give myself an overall 50% rating; I guess listening to Stayin' Alive while wearing matching sunglasses was fun at the time, and my rabid dismissal of the Violent Femmes was spot-on, but I did use "partake" in the same sentence as "live action gaming" which is a definite red flag. Fortunately it was 1997 so this diary was in like a .WRI document, not online

I once watched a man dance on the roof of a porta-potty til he fell through it and into the porta-potty at a Violent Femmes concert. It was the best.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I may be flattened by kidney disease, but I'll make room for Kuma's Corner, which is by my Airbnb.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Haystack posted:

I'm deeply loving annoyed that Ken and Robin Talk about Stuff conflicts with System Mastery.

Those jerks! Well, there's still the quiz thing we're hosting.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Dr. Quarex posted:

Let us all thank the Gen-Con Gods that Nemesis of Moles' orcish friend was not captured for mercantilism in 2017

Shhh! Only if we engage in the time-honored tradition of $5 exchanging hands with a firm shake.

Huh, really? Well I guess I'll be moving a lot of under the table dice then. These things happen.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I'm only really going to do my own shows and meet with network friends and fans and stuff, so I love the lunch recommendations. And if you're talking about Fountain Square don't forget about Kuma's Corner (https://kumascorner.com/location/kumas-indy/), the metal themed burger restaurant which is freakin' crazy good.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Ran a full table through Mermaid Adventures for four hours and they paid me to tell my lovely jokes.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Haystack posted:

I mean, you also charged people like four bucks a seat to see James D'amato in a doublet, I feel like you may need to stop writing down your business plans in a Madlibs book.

Nah, it continues to work for me. I got offered some writing work after that show. Next year we'll get him in pasties and I'll get a house or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

poo poo and I thought getting D'Amato in tearaway pants and a wrestling doublet counted for shock moments. Congrats!