Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
I have been spending 3 days a week walking 3 miles just so I don't die like I nearly did last year. Seriously, for newcomers, it was my first time last yearand I needed new legs by day 3. Get Sensible Shoes (TM)

That aside, I am with the Games on Demand Crew this year, so hopefully my ticket and accomodation is sorted! Looking forward to Shot Wednesday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

M a x posted:

Gotta up that training regimen. Get a messenger back and put some games and a big bottle of water in it then do your walking.

BRB Buying Boardgame bags on Amazon.

Oh OH OH other than the usual 5-2-1 rule, DEFINITELY check your hotel for activites and happenings, from the free Pool you can use in the morning to wake yourself up (that was the best part of my hotel) to finding out if there is any gaming happening in your Hotel with other groups. As someone who basically came on his own, finding and making friends is the toughest part of the convention. If you have friends who have come before, catch up to them, and try to at least sync your calendars. If you're on your lonesome, a lot of people are happy to answer questions and help you out in times of need. Respect boundaries, and just be genuinely chill.

Side note: if a lot of people are raving about a boardgame or something they played, go buy it. Doesn't matter if you don't like it, buy it now before you get to England and find out that it isn't released there for 6 more months and when it comes it will be sold out and twice the price with less of the content and you cry yourself to sleep thinking of the fun everyone in America is having with the boardgame you ignored because you were trying to save money for L5R rpg you thought would be in the FFG store but it wasn't and you were disappointed WHY DIDN'T I BUY ROOT WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE!

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

As the foreigner coming in and not knowing their Five guys from their Trader Joes I appreciate any food links available.

Also, off to start my journey, see you all for Shots Wednesday.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

There will be at indiegamesondemand.com I think. I'll be working there for most of my gencon.

Currently in Chicago as going to just Indianapolis for that price is pointless. So hype!