Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Is will call open past 9 pm I cant remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

WerrWaaa posted:

In will call line AMA

Best and worst cosplay you've seen this far?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Spend $20 on parking to get my badge tonight or show up early tomorrow...hm

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Anything fun happening tonight? I'm down to playtest or get drunk(er), whichever comes first

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Anyone looking for lunch, check out Tomlinson tap house. It's a few blocks away but no wait, great food and great beer all pretty cheap. And theyll pour you a beer to go

Dont get stuck in the 1 hr joellas line lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Today's Tips: Don't just park somewhere and leave your car there unless you want 7+ tickets.

Bring extra underwear if you're a man child, so you can leave your sharted in pair on the floor of a bathroom.

These tips brought to you by 2019 Gencon visitors.

Unironically bring extra underwear. Theres nothing like a fresh pair halfway through the day

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

djfooboo posted:

So salty I had to protect America during GenCon weekend :911:

Hey man I had to defend greyhawk from bugbears so we all had a busy weekend

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

LuiCypher posted:

I am seriously tempted to come to Gen Con next year if only to make you help me get through celebrate the 1.5 bottles of Malort I have sitting in my house. Since y'all were so nice to clear out the Malort that was brought this year :getin:

oh man im not gonna miss malort shots. it's the best way to cut straight through the introductions and make an enemy for life! that being said I think its pretty tolerable :shobon:

DalaranJ posted:

There’s a prototype of the Root RPG? I’m not sure who to ask about this since you didn’t get to play it.

yeah its called mouse guard and came out in 2008

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lord Of Texas posted:

I also concur that the conventional wisdom of "don't schedule much" is not always best.

You can have a lot of fun without ticketed events (and I did - primarily pick-up games with goons and people in the gencon discord) but i feel a lot of people who spout the conventional wisdom are coming to the con with a group who share their interests. If you're going solo, or you're picky in terms of what activities you do (I am), scheduling events is a must.

Agreeing with everything here. Last year was light scheduling and once the vendor hall closed it was me walking around with a friend wondering what's still open. This year was 8 games nearly back to back and it was mentally draining but really fun.

Edit: gen con scheduling is also kinda poo poo. If you book a free event, that slot is filled forever. You cant book overlapping events so if you want to cancel and do something else too bad. Also wishlisting reserves tickets, so f5ing grogs will snatch up everything for weeks instead of everything opening same day it seems

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Let me unbook events for no refund. I couldnt unbook FREE seminars

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lord Of Texas posted:

That is one annoying problem that e-tickets should remedy. Unbooking events is locked sometime in June due to the mailing of event tickets.

I wasnt able to unbook even in may. Didnt see the option and from what I've seen it isnt possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I wrote up a fun Gencon 2019 experience for the TG chat thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878708&pagenumber=154&perpage=40#post497452418

old school games run by young guys -> hit or miss
old school games run by old guys who played it when it was the latest edition -> almost always better