Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Thanks Quarex, I'll have you know I read every word of your OP, AS USUAL and you are a poet.

Also I miss you. Come to Rathskellers on Wednesday gosh darnnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

How did I forget to respond to this part when I started writing it first

I really have no idea how I have continually managed to miss this, considering it is a Goon Tradition(tm) AND I have been trying to go to Rathskeller's anyway for the entire time I have been going to Indianapolis for this nonsense. I am sure Captain Rat or Torrent might remember why we ended up doing something else last year.

I believe your excuse EVERY YEAR EVER (besides the year we all don't want to think about... the dark Quarex-less Con) had something to do with the Auction Dinner? Or was that on Tuesday and you just hate us.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I trust you, Quarex. I'll go visit your Big Cock.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It's ok Quarex, we all know it should have been you. :(

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Ilor posted:

Nor Waffle House either. Thank the gods.

*Growls in Atlanta*
Careful.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

CyberPunk Red will have a GenCon release this year.

Praise.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

I suppose I can, you know, contact the high priest in the usual methods to ascertain the location of the new restaurant, but where am I going to find a virgin in 2019? :(

There's this event happening around the same time absolutely FILLED TO THE BRIM with non sex havers. Maybe you've heard of it?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

*VIRTUAL ATTENDANCE*

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

*a low rumble begins to grow, heard from a great distance*

tova

tova

tova

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

This shot is from TOVA.

COME TO TOVA WTF ARE YOU DOING WHY ARENT YOU THERE NOW

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

As is tradition.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Double Agent posted:

I remember one of the terms we used was a "trundle."

I believe that can be used for the majority of GenCon attendees, present company included.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Before I stop doing this GenCon thing I'll do a TD run at least once.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm attending GenCon for the first time this year, which is cool. I guess everything big is sold out already, which is less cool. Is wandering around the booths something that I can send the whole time doing, or should I start figuring out what else in Indianapolis I want to do? :(

Get GroupMe. There are always goons looking to hangout and get a game in/drink

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

its also handy for when your wifi signal shits the bed when 50,000 other people are trying to shitpost on facebook: you can switch it to SMS mode (i hope you are ready for the constant stream of phone notifications. Not usually recommended!)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

If anyone has Sidereal Confluence: Trading and Negotiating in the Elysium Quadrant I would love to play Sidereal Confluence: Trading and Negotiating in the Elysium Quadrant.

I love this dumbass hobby.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The first two years we got our badges at Will Call. First year was Thursday morning, maybe a 2 minute wait. Last year, Wednesday night and at least a half hour wait. We're trying the mail option this year and between the two of us, hopefully, we don't forget. I still have to break the news to my boss that I'm taking that Thursday and Friday off, since someone else already requested the week.

Also, guess the location!

S O O N

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

Also on the "potentially useful but obscure-ish things about Gen-Con" tip, here is a list of all the new vendors, all the vendors that attended in 2018 but are not returning, and all the vendors who changed their names in the past year. I always appreciate when someone else spends a little too long thinking about and working on projects of this kind of utility. R.I.P. Who North America even though I realize their actual store is, like, across town

NO NOT KOMMANDO KILTS

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Since gooncon presence is spread across a few different chat platforms here's a post for organizing games. I'm bringing the following and happy to teach/play any of them. Most of my afternoons/evenings are free so let me know what you want to play and we'll schedule it.

Keyflower

I owe you a rematch, but I don't know if this year is going to be the year lol

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

djfooboo posted:

So salty I had to protect America during GenCon weekend :911:

*Hugs DD214*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

I just realized I have absolutely no idea if the pop-up Gen-Cons (Gens-Con) were successful. This probably means they were not as successful as hoped and they are discontinuing them, or they were precisely as successful as hoped and there is no need to overhype it now that they know it will work?

It also may mean some sort of third thing

Apparently Not:

Gen-Con.com posted:

Can’t make it to Indianapolis for Gen Con 2020?

Pop-Up Gen Con brings the convention experience to a store near you! We’ll ship exclusive demo copies of new games debuting at Gen Con to game stores across the United States (and possibly the UK and Canada), so you can play convention-released games before they hit the market!

In 2019, the pilot year of the program, we had over 40 stores participating, in 2020 we plan to double that! Gather with your local gaming community, try out hot new games before anyone else, and feel the excitement of The Best Four Days in Gaming™ — all from the comfort of your friendly local game store.

Stay tuned to this space which will be updated with information as to when Pop-Up Gen Con badge registration ($5) is available, what local stores will be participating, what Publishers and games will be part of the program, and much more! Gen Con 2020 will be held July 30-August 2, 2020.