Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

The MGC mentioned in the article about Milwaukee gaming conventions is now downtown and has been for a couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Dr. Doji Suave posted:

Ah the days of getting 11 people into a room. Only way it was feasible was everyone was chill and nobody smelled and everyone bathed and cleaned up after ourselves.

These days we do at most 5-6 in a room, but everyone has jobs now so it’s no longer a Doji run charity like the past.

This year we ended up with the Alexander, which is uh... pricey. We’re considering just driving from Noblesville daily if we are unable to do better.

I stayed at the Alexander the past two years, and it was worth it, at least in the extended stay portion. The train is a little loud, though.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Dr. Quarex posted:

That is a very reasonable fear, and yeah it is explicitly forbidden at the center itself, but I envisioned doing it more at hotels during downtime or to my off-site late-night game anyway. As long as you can exploit some struggling Indianapoles there is no wrong way

I know last year the Sunday eight-player Fiasco game had Toppers delivered to one of the JW ballrooms

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

It's kind of off the beaten path, on the street between the stadium and the convention center to the east, but The Slippery Noodle had good food and big portions. When we went last year, I brought some fettuccine Alfredo back to the hotel.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

What time do you expect TOVA to end? Some of my friends want to do an escape room at 6, but I want to buy more weird stuff.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm posting in the GroupMe RIGHT NOW and I still recognize all these names. All you gotta do is ask if anything is going on, or ask if people want to play whatever you've got on hand. Someone will heed the call.

Edit: I found this in the GroupMe gallery. I don't know if this is you, Dr., as I haven't seen you at the one Shots Wednesday I've been to.

Holy poo poo! I think some of those stupid lamps are at the bottom of that pic.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Dr. Quarex posted:

I know a few years back you could just straight-up skip the hotel lottery by popping in during the process without having actually signed up first, so I wonder if somehow that feature appeared in the events lottery this year?

Meanwhile, I find it somehow infuriating that True Dungeon's preview clip ends by listing Gen-Con as August 1-3. I realize this must be because they want to make it clear they do not run events on Sunday, but regardless, needless to say, I am filing a lawsuit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gsJfRl2w1k

Also what is wrong with me that I see this video of incredibly high-effort-and-skill gaming insanity and think to myself "oh boy, a haunted house with dice" despite the fact that I am endlessly entertained by old fat men auctioning off old board games

Though make no mistake, I would absolutely pay the True Dungeon people as interior decorators for my house

Do you think a TD bathroom would be better than beastmasterJ's?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Dr. Quarex posted:

Oh hey it is time...

TO REGISTER YOUR ITEMS FOR THE 2019 GEN-CON AUCTION WOOOO
actually it has somehow been going on for weeks without any of us noticing.

The last day to register, as usual, is the Sunday before G-Cizzy (July 28).

Rundown from the registration page in case you are too lazy to even click that first:

Auction Tags: $2, Store Tags: $1
Auction Commission: 15%, Store Commission: 10% (Max Store Item Price: $50.00)
Bidder White-Card Cost: $1.00, Bidder Yellow-Card/Tab Deposit: $50.00

(you get the tab deposit back, obviously, if you go that route, so it is technically cheaper than getting the $1 card)

And yes this means the days of putting something in the Auction for $1, as always-fun as it was, are still quite over, as now you actually need to put something in for, what, $2.34 in the auction to actually break even? Only $1.10 in the store to break even though! It is not nearly as much fun to start the bidding at $3, but these are truly dark times

ahahahaaha

It is not that I specifically wish harm on this guy (has to be a guy) if he genuinely believed he was going to a videogame convention, but I do wonder what process led to him believing this to be the case.

drat it! I have a copy of the Price is Right home game, that thematically should start at $1.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Quarex, Question: What is the exact difference between the two card options at the auction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Quarex, how do you delete duplicate auction entries?

Maigius fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 27, 2019