Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Ego Trip posted:

Just do what I did and get your nongoons to hang out with the goons.

Sup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

WerrWaaa posted:

Modiphius just sent out an email offering $100 store credit for running a 4-hour session of any of their RPGs, if'n y'all were tryin' to get some of their products and happen to like running RPGs. (I'm strongly considering it just so I can buy a bunch of Vampire books.)

I just entered an event for Star Trek Adventures because of the offer. It's my favorite relatively free form scenario - "survive Wolf 359."

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Avenging Dentist posted:

Having spent most of my life in the Midwest, I'm going to make the following assertion: Indiana is, in fact, a part of the South.

There's a reason why we fly over you.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Toshimo posted:

Cherry Hill, NJ and Chester, PA seem like some of the worst possible east coast places to hold a convention, so, :yeah:

Putting a con within accessible distance to the DC metro area though, would be rad as poo poo right about now, because the whole I-95 corridor is basically a gaming hotspot with unlimited $$$.

Are you suggesting the DMV area specifically? Otherwise, isn't that PAX Unplugged?

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Ego Trip posted:

gently caress you eastmbl
You made me watch Mazes and Monsters

gently caress yes I did

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Eastmabl posted:

gently caress yes I did

Just be glad I never made you watch Starship Troopers 2.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

nesbit37 posted:

Gary con 2019 in one image

This is your brain on Jepsen?

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019
So what are people looking to run/play at Gen Con?

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Ego Trip posted:

I remember eating in the mall once.
The GroupMe got goatsed.

This is the hole I've fallen into.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/evpj8a/owner-of-goatse-coin-website-wants-it-to-be-a-household-name-meme

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Dr. Quarex posted:

Oh snap, I already made plans to go there this summer, I need to remember this. Though somehow I doubt my 2-year-old will get much out of it. He can just take the car and go somewhere else while I am at Wizard Quest.

Remember the GroupMe - don't do a child abuse.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Yoda posted:

I will be going to GenCon for the first time this year since I recently moved to Indianapolis. I do work close by, and am debating if I should take Thur/Fri off, or just go in the evenings and Saturday. Regardless of what I choose, I hope to meet some fellow goons and lose many a games to them.

Take the days off. 100%

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

nesbit37 posted:

If you weirdos want to play in a game as a bunch of demented rabbits let me know and I can maybe make that happen with the new Bunnies & Burrows edition. Pretty sure its the same thing as D&D 4e, 5e, and Pathfinder 2.0 rolled into one with a dash of OD&D thrown in for spice.

Would anyone want to play Pugmire? It's later editions of d&d, but you play as dogs (and sometimes cats).

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

M a x posted:

Gencon teasing the announcement of something on Friday.

Might be the list of events. I had some updates to my events yesterday.

They're not approved yet, however.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Who's running the Star Trek Adventures "Survive Wolf 359" event? (he asked, pretty sure he's not even going to be able to make it this year and also super bummed about it)

It's called a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing. I'm running it on Thursday and Sunday morning. (The Sunday morning slot is getting moved to 10 am to go into the Modiphius room.)

If you can't make it, let me know. I'm going to run the module so I can get a feel for how it hits the table.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Deviant posted:

so, since someone asked, let me remind you all the deets on

:siren: shots motherfucking wednesday :siren:

Wed July 31, we're all gonna go down to the Rathskeller in Indianapolis and drink our faces off. They have an outdoor garden that can accomodate a failure of goons, the beers are huge and the food is good.

https://www.rathskeller.com/

This is not a walkable distance. Share an Uber or something, I'm not your mother.
(1.2 miles per google. Might be walkable if you're the type that does those things.)

Time: July 31st, 6pm - whenever they boot us out or we get bored

Be there and be square!

Rathskeller closes at 10, but the party often continues at High Velocity.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Bottom Liner posted:

Also, if anyone has experience with the Kids on Bikes RPG I'd love to play a one shot.

I would be down to play and can bring a copy of the game. However, I'm running way too many hours of games to want to run KWB for folks.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019
As with every year, I ran too many games and failed to leave time to play games with other people.

Unlike last year, I had six tables worth of genuinely awesome people who all seemed to have a really good time.

I learned of the medicinal properties of Jim Beam and Diet Coke, and I also have $100 to spend on Modiphius' website throughout the year.

Game of the con? Probably We're Doomed, but I drunkenly enjoyed Disposable Heroes as well.

Highlight of the Con? Killing three characters at the Battle of Wolf 359.

If I had a do over? Try to play the Root and Stargate RPGs.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

djfooboo posted:

So salty I had to protect America during GenCon weekend :911:

Why isn't there a Pop Up Gen Con for the troops?

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Double Agent posted:

Look, I repented for my sins by doing the last shot out of the bottle.

That. Is. No. Penance.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019
Pugmire and Monarchies of Mau is pretty fun.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Pangaea Ultima posted:

Star Trek Adventures: A generic hopeful was there and made adorable 3D printed comm badges for everyone and I felt like a total monster unseating him sliding in a few minutes late. The GM was a goon whose forums name I don't know, but he did a really good job introducing the system and running a solid one-shot. I've never played a 2 D20 game before, but the momentum/threat system is an interesting group currency. I'd like to try to find an online game.

I'm already thinking about next year! I didn't really get to meet any of you all because I was commuting an hour between Indy and home. Next year I think I'm just going to commit fully to the con and hopefully I can meet more of you and imbibe regrettable Midwestern liquor.

The generic hopeful had signed up for another game of Star Trek Adventures for the same day/time, but it had been cancelled about a week before the con. But for that confluence of events (and the 3D printed bribes), I would asked him to leave. Luckily, you and the rest of the table were cool with him sliding in, and I think we all had a good time.

I know another Goon wanted to play but couldn't attend (checks email... Dr. Gargunza). It could be something worth setting up.

Also - there are regrets, and there's Malort. Tread carefully, my friend.

PS - look at your group me messages, Pangea

Eastmabl fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019
Can we register for badges yet?