Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Is there a room share thread or anything like that? Because I feel a bit behind the 8 ball on this as I don't have a room as I wasn't planning on attending Gen Con seriously until Crit Role announced their live game there. I got my ticket to that now, and was hoping to sleep on someone's floor and enjoy the entire weekend, instead of trying to get a flight in, and then flight out after the game some time.

Thanks to Quarex for the OP as it was actually super interesting to read, as this would be my first Gen Con as well. ( Slash first time in Indianapolis :v: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Asking in the groupme might yield results

I actually tried to post on there, but my post didn't seem to go through. I'll try again, just didn't want to end up spamming the channel. :x:

Ninja E: Tried again to post with 'Will this actually send this time?" and again, nothing. Not sure if my account is 'awaiting moderation' or something like that.

E: Posting from my phone works, the web app does not... odd.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 19, 2019

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Welp, it appears that I should have housing secured ( as long as this goes well ) thanks to the goon group. Thanks everyone!

Now to just figure out a flight....

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
After seeing the true dungeon stuff they did to show off in the PAX South video, I was super interested.

After all this discussion making GBS threads on it, my expectations are tempered. If there is a goon group going, I'd love to join.

It's my first Gencon so I figure I should do something exotic. Well besides critical role live.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'm hoping to attend shots Wednesday, but may have my luggage with me as I can't check into the hotel until the guys I'm rooming with get in ( Which is projected for ~11pm apparently ).

I'm debating on if this is going to be a shitshow to have my messenger bag carry on and a small suit case with me...

Also of note, those goons traveling, better to wait on getting a flight sorted closer to the event or farther out? I haven't booked my flight as of yet, but also don't want to get stuck with a 8 hour flight that could be less than 2.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Deviant posted:

any decent hotel will hold your luggage for you and give you a claim ticket even if you havent checked in yet

Even if the room isn’t in my name?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'm a little sad that my flight that I just booked has a ~3pm departure from IN so I'll be missing the auction, but looking into prices otherwise I was looking at either +$100 on top of it to go later, as well as arriving in the AM Monday, both of which I wasn't pumped about.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I was under the impression that the auction was end of day Sunday... I have been horribly mislead!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Ego Trip posted:

That's why you leave Monday.

If I had a hotel for it sure, but I didn’t know I was going until like a month or so back :x

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Toshimo posted:

One where you spend half your con waiting in line hoping to get into events because there is no ticketing.

Every PAX is like this, and GenCon is the first time for me that I'm going to a different con (GenCon) that does ticketing. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Although I assume there is still a lot of sitting around in line as people want better seats at events?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I ended up getting into a TD run with 5 other people that were interested from the Wyrmwood Gaming discord. We're doing the intro run, so hopefully it's fun. it was cheaper than a more pro run.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Dr. Quarex posted:

I was going to say something about how shocked I was that you did not get a simultaneously condescending and sad e-mail after not picking up your items, but then I remembered that happened to me the year I had to leave early and did not pick up my purchased items :oops: :confuoot: :teeheezo:

Wait, you can't pick up your stuff till late in the con? Cause that is an issue for me since I'm leaving in the afternoon on Sunday. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Pathfinder 2e is coming out at GenCon as well if that is something that interests you. I'm interested enough to at least pick it up, but figuring that it's going to be a horribly broken mess.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Still haven't posted all my GenCon photos to Instagram ( Like Quarex ), read up on the GroupMe constantly, but never found time to hang out. :(

I did however go find the auction and watch a master at work. At least I got to meet Quarex, albeit very quickly.

My biggest regret, I missed TOVA, but it was for the Wyrmwood meetup at least, which was also the highlight of my trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Resonym at GenCon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EjkYHlK_EU

A friend works for this company and just posted their video of their GenCon experience. I found it fun to relive at least some of it.