Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JetSet
Jan 2, 2004
Germanologist

The Moon Monster posted:

Anyone remember when 4 day passes sold out last year?

Past few years, I haven't ordered my pass until about a week before event registration, which has always worked out well (with the caveat that I'm local, and thus have no need for a hotel).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetSet
Jan 2, 2004
Germanologist

Dr. Quarex posted:

I bring terrible news of Johnny Rockets' closure at the Circle Center Mall

I swear restaurants close more often in Indianapolis than anywhere else I have frequently visited.

I would type here "if [RESTAURANT] closes I riot" but honestly I am not sure that I even have any places I am remotely loyal to left. Sure I love Steak 'n' Shake, but I live in the Midwest again and can get that anywhere

Maybe I will riot if Bee Coffee Roasters or Harry 'n' Izzy's closes. Yes, that sounds right, gonna run with this

That entire mall has gone to poo poo in the past 5-10 years, due to the fact that it's, well, a mall in the 2010's.

JetSet
Jan 2, 2004
Germanologist

Not in the city. Closest ones are Avon/Greenwood - best case 20 minutes from downtown.

JetSet
Jan 2, 2004
Germanologist
I remember a year or two ago seeing a huge rant on the official forums about how lovely GC is because of the relative lack of electronic gaming, and how GC wouldn't refund his 4-day badge on Friday morning. That was fun to watch.

JetSet
Jan 2, 2004
Germanologist

Sloober posted:

it's got an arcade!

I’m generally not one to tell anyone how to have their own fun, but I really don’t get paying $100+ for badges, and who knows how much for travel and lodging, just to play stuff like DotA and Overwatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetSet
Jan 2, 2004
Germanologist

Arthil posted:

Hi, so.

This will be my first year ever going to this. Beyond games you could sign up for (and many seem to be sold out already), and various sit-ins to attend (some of which are also sold out already) I'm kind of at a loss as to what to actually do over the course of the four days. I'm going to be there with a decently sized group of friends, but a good few of them have never gone either and the ones which have were a little vague.

If it’s your first time, it will seem overwhelming, and even if you have nothing scheduled, you won’t run out of things to do. You could spend 4 days in the dealers hall alone, which is what I did my first year.