Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Gotta up that training regimen. Get a messenger back and put some games and a big bottle of water in it then do your walking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

This got posted in the groupme but in case anyone here isnt there (Why?):

https://twitter.com/mforbeck/status/1097306061495767040

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

I realized when traveling south last year that I associate Piggly Wiggly with gencon after the auction for that apron.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

I've done a couple smaller tournaments (4h scheduled, fewer than 20 entrants) at Gencon and enjoyed them both immensely. I just look at them as an excuse to play a lot of a game I like with new people. I even had fun at the tournament where I lost all but one game.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Gencon teasing the announcement of something on Friday.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

The BGG Gencon games preview is up

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Probably a silly question but Is there a good way to try out Crokinole at gencon?

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Saw a table of about 5 or so Waluigis in the library today.

Also, first time I saw the library so full they weren't accepting generics.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Another gencon another resolution to myself that I'll stop lurking so much and :justpost:

This was my first year bringing games to sell at the consignment shop and it was a great idea. Getting an extra $100+ back on games that didn't really click really helps me feel better about buying so many games this weekend.

Numinous posted:

- Vendor hall madness - I think my enjoyment of this one will wear off eventually but it was really something to see so much going on everywhere. Looking at pictures after and seeing so many things we missed after spending hours in the hall just ingrains the epicness of it all.

Every year I come away from Gencon having had a lot of fun but telling myself that next year I've got to spend less time in the vendor hall and more time actually playing games instead of buying them.

Thanks as always to everyone for the good time at shots Wednesday. I always have trouble coming out of my shell but goons are surprisingly good at still helping me feel included when I'm struggling to socialize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Texibus posted:

Letter Jam also stood out for our group.

My favorite moment of the con was at the end of a game of this finding out I was wrong about what 3 of my letters were but still somehow managing to spell an actual word. (Thought I was spelling "raise" ended up spelling "while".) I'm curious to see how often that sort of thing happens.

Only got a couple plays in so far but Shobu really impressed me. Feels like it manages to do a lot with a very simple rule set.