Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Hype for another year of gencon!

Quarex - Come to SHOTS WEDNESDAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Starship Troopers 3 is SO MUCH better.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Nothing can get as bad as that Indian place closing. First year at Gencon and I got to eat there, then never again.

That place was very good!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
For me, probably the L5R opening tourney. I enjoyed the game well enough, but the tournament was a mess. FFG was running an x-wing event at the same time, and those folks looked similarly exhausted.

It wasn't even that it was that bad, (I even got an award!) it's just that everything else was better!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
WIll this be the year I finally try the battletech pods? I HOPE SO!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Since I'm summoned....

We used to run the Paranoia LARP at Megacon. The way we did it, we had so many people con staff asked us to run a second larp every year to justify the number of free badges we got.

One of the games we ran as our "B-LARP" was a Dr. Strangelove/Call of Cthulu game.

Imagine the War Room scene, but in addition to what was already going on, we added a bunch of Mythos stuff to the situation. Cultists, Agents, and beings of unfathomable purpose masquerading as various generals and ministers advising the President while the situation outside got worse and worse.

I've kicked around the idea of running an evening goon (or goon-adjacent) only run of this one of these years.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Here's hoping Shadowrun 6th drops at Gen Con!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Necronomicon posted:

I've heard about Shots Wednesday a couple of times but never went to it. Is it just...Goons doing shots? I'm going to be there with three friends, two of which are sort-of-Goons (they haven't read or posted in forever) so I figure we should probably do that.

Theres also bratwurst and such!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
"...and video content will be streamed live from the Indiana Convention Center"

How many goons can we get on camera, and into game stores around the country?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Answer my prayers and run a GenCon Orlando, timed against MegaCon.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
tova

tova

tova

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe those lamps will be back.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I shoot for two planned things a day, a hang around doing demos, pick up games of stuff with goons, and the auction. It all kinda depends on the registrationpocolypse.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Oh! If you are in the groupme, and have met people at Shots Wednesday, its easier to keep up with whatever the cool game is for this year, and where you can get a game in.

Like last year: SO MUCH ROOT!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
there's sad_priest_in_booth.png as well.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Do we normally do a post GenCon thread, or should we keep using this one until Quarex misses GC next year?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

WEDNESDAY!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Doji Suave posted:

Indie Press Revolution (Booth 1348) has hard copies of Ryuutama the TTRPG for sale for those interested in a copy immediately.

Is it a new edition or something? I got one a couple of years ago. It's a very pretty book, a looks like a nifty game.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

DalaranJ posted:

There’s a prototype of the Root RPG? I’m not sure who to ask about this since you didn’t get to play it.

It's an Appocolypse World style game. We were all given different flavors of vagabond (which makes sense, really). It was a lot of fun!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
GenCon Event Recap:

SHOTS WEDNESDAY: Awesome as always. A table of Chaosium folks joined us for a bit. I got to talk to one of the designers of Runequest, which was rad.

ROOT RPG: Super fun! It's a powered-by-the-apocalypse game, my first even! We were all given Vagabonds, and created fuzzy mayhem in the forest.

Aliens RPG: Made by the folks who made Tales from the Loop and Coriolis. Was a fun game, smuggled out a facehugger in a jar!

Honey, I Shrunk The Adventurers!: Super fun! Moles is a great GM. Will pick this one up when it comes available for sure.

Corvus Belli Panel: Infinity will continue to be a fun game, Tohaa will continue to get no updates, Bostria is still a weird, weird dude.

Pugmire: Dungeons and Dragons, but actually dogs. We had a great GM, game was a lot of fun, I think I've seen everything I need to see re: Pugmire!

Choose Your Own Adventure: War with the Evil Power Master: The Evil Power Master will live on in my heart forever.

What I picked up:
2x Shadowrun 6ed books for friends who really wanted them (note: these are the two longest running SR gm's in our group, so I can probably make do with a pdf, assuming they ever migrate the 10+ pages of launch-day errata into the PDF version!)

Pathfinder 2 Core Book: I've never played Pathfinder. It seems like it must be a least kinda good to have that many people play it exclusively for a whole con!

The Expanse RPG: Current favorite show, it's in a good spot for an RPG to come out. I've got some ideas for something to run.

Robotech RPG: I'm a weirdo who likes Robotech and the Savage Worlds system.

Overall, a great GenCon was had. It was great to see all you nerds again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Thank you so much! Were you the goon that ended up with the signed deck? We'll be doing a Kickstarter in mid-september for Disposable Heroes, I'll make sure to yell about it in here.

Yes! It was great!