Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
I got a room at the JW, but it looks like all of the rooms with 2 beds were already gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Toshimo posted:

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a solution to this without bending the laws of space and time.

Thing is last year, from what I heard at least since I was too far outside of the window to get a downtown room anyway, was that this stuff was lasting longer into the day. I heard that downtown sold out completely at like 4. This year it seems like it's going to be a lot faster.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Ilor posted:

If you ask a Michigander, they'll show you the palm of their right hand, point to the spot where the first joint of their index finger would extend across to their middle finger, and say "Mio is here."

Because that's how we roll. :colbert:

Mio is still in the middle of nowhere though.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

I'm sure the only reason it hasn't been mentioned yet is because everyone who was involved wanted to scrub it from their memories, but NSDM was loving awful.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Deviant posted:

i had suppresseddrank away those memories until just now you absolute fucker

On the bright side, it means that you can drink them away again!

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, what happened? I remember thinking that sounded like fun.

The staff was unpleasant, unhelpful, and grognards to boot. Some of the positions were hamstrung by what they could do and/or were really dependent on other players getting their stuff done so they could actually do something. Since the staff was dogshit, you can guess how well that went. After a bit, I channeled my inner Ventrue and played it like a World of Darkness game until I got bored. A lot of us left early.

DalaranJ posted:

E: *checks watch* This was like 2012. I definitely wouldn’t bother doing it in the age of trump.

The scenario was during the Cold War in the 60's, so that wouldn't have much of an impact really.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

SolusLunes posted:

look you numpty it is

there's southern michigan
there's northern michigan
and then there's the up

Don't forget the nebulous Up North, which is technically anywhere north of where you live, but is generally accepted to mean staring around Houghton Lake.

SolusLunes posted:

no but seriously, what was NSDM?

National Security Decision Making game. You're given a political position within whatever governments are being used in that particular scenario and try to achieve the goals that are set out in the game. It's a political LARP basically.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

CellBlock posted:

I'll pretty much do shots (of things other than Malört) whenever, though.

I still have about 1/3 of the bottle left.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

CellBlock posted:

I couldn't remember the term we came up with. ('Shamefulness' came to mind, but I was pretty sure it wasn't that.)

"What happened at your event?" "A failure of goons metastasized in and ruined it. Or maybe saved it. I don't even know anymore."

I remember one of the terms we used was a "trundle."

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

CellBlock posted:

Comedy answer: The Game of the Con was Beastfucker.

Reading about it certainly was the most entertaining at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

LuiCypher posted:

SHOTS WEDNESDAY is truly the highlight of GenCon for me whenever I go - it's the best way to kick off the weekend bar none. Rathskellar is a bit of a walk, but they have the space and plastic shot glasses to accommodate the mass of goons that materialize for SHOTS WEDNESDAY.

The wife and I are saving our Hilton points and vacation time for a grand trip to Japan next year, but I am seriously tempted to come to Gen Con next year if only to make you help me get through celebrate the 1.5 bottles of Malort I have sitting in my house. Since y'all were so nice to clear out the Malort that was brought this year :getin:

Look, I repented for my sins by doing the last shot out of the bottle.