Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

hamjobs posted:

Jello powder from the box washed down with a glass of water

uh do you then have to stand in the fridge so the jello sets?

also stay safe hamjobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

uh do you then have to stand in the fridge so the jello sets?

also stay safe hamjobs

No but you do have to sing the jigglers song

lol but

body is a dinosaur
got committed one time and honestly the food was amazing

lol but

body is a dinosaur
the place had won awards and for good reason

Farecoal

There he go

lol but seriously I posted:

the place had won awards and for good reason

yeah, im crazy... crazy in need of some more of those good eats!!

City of Glompton

Dessert (serves one)

Ingredients: One purse, laptop bag, or backpack

Directions: Search pockets of bag carefully for mints or other candy. Brush off lint if necessary. Serve in palm of hand.

Hint: TUMS may be used as a substitute in a pinch!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
-1 knuckle sandwich

-Something to cry about

-Kick in the can

-Bag of troubles (make sure they're ripe!)

-Skin of your teeth

Makes one troubled youth.

Note: Does not spoil...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

tadashi

Ingrediants:

Half a box of veggie burgers covered in freezer burn.
Half a bag of cheesy veggie tots* also covered in freezer burn.

Mush them together and bake in oven.

*for some reason these veggie tots contain pieces of potatoes. OK, I get it - these are potatoes filled with other potatoes..

MockingQuantum

Depression Cookies:

1 - Spoon, preferably large
1 - Container of pre-mixed chocolate chip cookie dough, preferably Papa Murphy's
1 - GODDAMN DAY WITHOUT YOU TELLING ME COOKIE DOUGH ISN'T A MEAL, YOU PAY TO BE MY ROOMMATE DAVE, NOT TO JUDGE MY NUTRITIONAL CHOICES

-Preheat oven to loving nothing, then eat the entire container of cookie dough in one sitting, in an industrious and unwavering fashion
-watch Twin Peaks for the umpteenth time, preferably while also passive-aggressively guilting Dave into watching it with you
-BECAUSE I'M GOING THROUGH SOME poo poo, AND A GOOD FRIEND WOULD BE SUPPORTIVE AND LET ME JUST BASK IN AGENT COOPER'S WHOLESOME WEIRDNESS FOR EIGHT HOURS STRAIGHT, DAVE
-IT'S NOT LIKE I NEED TO BE ANYWHERE RIGHT NOW
-COULD YOU GRAB ME A MOUNTAIN DEW, I'M LIKE SUPER COMFORTABLE AND THE CAT IS SLEEPING ON MY LEGS, JUST LET ME HAVE THIS DAVE

MockingQuantum fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 29, 2019

thank you luvcow for the sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

MockingQuantum posted:

Depression Cookies:

1 - Container of pre-mixed chocolate chip cookie dough, preferably Papa Murphy's
1 - GODDAMN DAY WITHOUT YOU TELLING ME COOKIE DOUGH ISN'T A MEAL, YOU PAY TO BE MY ROOMMATE DAVE, NOT TO JUDGE MY NUTRITIONAL CHOICES

-Preheat oven to loving nothing, then eat the entire container of cookie dough in one sitting, in an industrious and unwavering fashion
-watch Twin Peaks for the umpteenth time, preferably while also passive-aggressively guilting Dave into watching it with you
-BECAUSE I'M GOING THROUGH SOME poo poo, AND A GOOD FRIEND WOULD BE SUPPORTIVE AND LET ME JUST BASK IN AGENT COOPER'S WHOLESOME WEIRDNESS FOR EIGHT HOURS STRAIGHT, DAVE
-COULD YOU GRAB ME A MOUNTAIN DEW, I'M LIKE SUPER COMFORTABLE AND THE CAT IS SLEEPING ON MY LEGS, JUST LET ME HAVE THIS DAVE

i'm watching twin peaks and eating chocolate chip cookie dough for dinner, are you LITERALLY MY DAD?

MockingQuantum

hamjobs posted:

i'm watching twin peaks and eating chocolate chip cookie dough for dinner, are you LITERALLY MY DAD?

I'm gonna blame spooky David Lynch magic for this one

though something tells me Twin Peaks + CCCD (aka chocolate chip cookie dough) just fits well into the general byob ouvre. like I'm pretty sure if byob had a collective patronus it'd be Dale Cooper talking about pies

thank you luvcow for the sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

MockingQuantum posted:

I'm gonna blame spooky David Lynch magic for this one

though something tells me Twin Peaks + CCCD (aka chocolate chip cookie dough) just fits well into the general byob ouvre. like I'm pretty sure if byob had a collective patronus it'd be Dale Cooper talking about pies

and drat fine cups of coffee

Mummy Napkin
chicken parm, i guess, whatever dude

boil angel hair pasta
dump in can of ragu
top with microwaved tyson chicken patty
sprinkle off-brand kraft grated parmesan

vanisher

MockingQuantum posted:

Depression Cookies:

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
An elaborate, healthy, made-from-scratch meal, which you taste once and then throw out because it doesn’t taste as good as mac and cheese

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

google THIS posted:

1 or more happy/average people
1 unspeakable tragedy, extreme disappointment, or neurochemical balance

stir until well blended
you are consistently amazing at lateral thinking

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

twoday

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Half a bar of chocolate which you find in your bed and which you had lost two days earlier but never bothered looking for

(this is a breakfast recipe)

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

concord grape juice
saltine crackers

i call it the last supper but really it's literally what i could squirrel upstairs and i'm pretty sure this juice is fermenting.

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

1 egg, salted by your bitter tears

twoday

A kiwi but you eat it like an apple with the skin and everything because you are out of clean knives and you just don't care anymore

The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Family sized mac and cheese served in a bowl you used yesterday for familly sized mac and cheese

Manifisto

a meal in which everything is past its expiration date

you could have added in some goldfish crackers which are still technically good, but you don't deserve unspoiled food

ty nesamdoom!

Senior Management

Get a big glass bowl. Fill it with macaroni and water. Microwave it until the water is mostly gone. Strain the excess water if you feel like it I guess. Then cover it in Kraft singles.

:jerry:

lol but

body is a dinosaur

twoday posted:

A kiwi but you eat it like an apple with the skin and everything because you are out of clean knives and you just don't care anymore

eating a kiwi any other way is a self gently caress imo

lol but

body is a dinosaur
washing my kiwi knife and kiwi spoon a small voice bubbles up from my subconscious. "you pranked yourself bro," it says. "owned."

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

lol but seriously I posted:

washing my kiwi knife and kiwi spoon a small voice bubbles up from my subconscious. "you pranked yourself bro," it says. "owned."

a drawer of uncommon spoons

vanisher

Status update: Sharpening my kiwi knife, listening to sad country music

Manifisto

new zealander: thats not a knoife

vanisher

Eating a banana with a fork and knife. Trying to peel the thing with your fork and knife without touching it.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
a long curved banana knife

vanisher

"How sad are you?"

Heh.

(I pull out a small leather roll and carefully unsnap the pearl clasp, opening it to reveal an array of strange knives and spoons, presumably for eating fruit)

Manifisto

:cripes:

the latter image, by the way, is not from amazon, despite the logo. it's from alibaba, and sadly the minimum order is 300 pieces.

fortunately they also carry something in lower quantities:

ty nesamdoom!

twoday

I knew it would exist before I clicked search

Manifisto

twoday posted:

I knew it would exist before I clicked search

"most popular spoon in the house"

the phone rings and I feel a momentary surge of validation. "sorry, it's for the spoon again," says my roommate apologetically.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

the bouncer nods at my date. "you can go in," he says. "and you," he tells the pomegranate spoon cradled lovingly in her arms. I start to follow and he lays a hand on my shoulder, shaking his head.

Manifisto

beyoncé and jay-z have just followed the spoon's twitter. I'm the one who introduced them and I don't even get a loving like.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

this is going to help my all-peels diet

Farecoal

There he go
fruit slad

twoday

vanisher posted:

"How sad are you?"

Heh.

(I pull out a small leather roll and carefully unsnap the pearl clasp, opening it to reveal an array of strange knives and spoons, presumably for eating fruit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday

Review 1:

I'm a bartender at an artisinal cocktail bar and this was exactly what I've been looking for, would recommend

5 stars

Review 2:

Zest. The zest of life. The zest of a lime. I remember when my life had some zest. When I bought this William Sonoma fruit tool set I used to feel excited by fruit. I used to always say, "eating a new fruit for the first time is one of the greatest joys a person can experience." And I did. I chased that dragonfruit, I felt that passion fruit. It was a succulent delight the first time I bit into a custard apple, I was in a state of indescribable extasy. I had no idea fruit could make you feel that way. So I started digging around on Wikipedia, watching YouTube videos about fruits I never saw before. I started going to the various foreign markets in town, trying whatever they had. One day it was a lychee, the next a durian.

But it was never the same the second time. The joy, the zest, the mystery was gone. I needed the novelty of new fruits. I started going to fruitlover conventions. Fruitorama 2013, and 2014. I bought this set of fruit tools so that I would be taken seriously by the other fruities. A man at the fruit convention whispers that he has something sweet in the back room and you follow him and offers you a bag of rambutons, you need to look like you know what you're doing. And I did. But they took me so seriously that I became one of them. By Fruitorama 2015 I had my own stand, selling mangosteen. Spent my weekends at the docks, making shady deals with workers on ships from the tropics. Spent my evenings looking up leads for new fruits on the dark web. I had a hunger... A hunger for fruit. My wife left me, saying I didn't pay enough attention to her. I told her, "Can your kiss ever taste like a Logan fruit? Our love used to be as sweet as a Guatemalan dwarf pineapple, but it's become as astringent as an unripe pepino." and then she was gone.

With her out of the picture I had more time for fruit. Soon I found myself booking tickets to Papua New Guinea and the Congo, digging through the scraps left behind by the market at night, traveling days in a riverboat to get to remote villages where they were said to have jaboticaba, and horned melon. I've eaten pittayas so crunchy that I chipped a tooth. I've seen carombolas so waxy you would think I ran them through a car wash. And the William Sonama fruit tool set was with me through it all.

And then one day it was over. I frantically turned the pages back and forth at the library of the botanical garden looking for the next big score, but there was none. I had tried them all. And what was the result? I had given up my family for this. I had sold my house, my car. My taste buds were shot, I had to eat a whole bowl of kiwi rinds just to feel a tingle. I had nothing. Nothing but my William Sonoma fruit tool set. And that was the day my life ended. Since then I walk through this world like I'm already in the next, and I can't even look at a fruit salad without crying.

Also the second Zester with the five small holes doesn't really work so well and the handles could be more ergonomic.

1 star