Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

Don't think it's streaming, but if you can find it Extreme Job is great. It's about cops who buy a fried chicken restaurant as cover for a surveillance of some drug dealers in a building across the street from the shop. The restaurant then becomes very successful and popular, which obviously isn't great when you're trying to do covert surveillance. The trailer is pretty awful but the movie was hilarious. Anyone watch any other good Korean movies lately?

Extreme Job was on Amazon Prime video within the last 6 months at least when I watched it. Solid film.

Also on Amazon Prime vid was Veteran which if you liked Extreme Job you'd like it as well, Hwang Jung-min stars in it and is great as always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Because this thread got me looking I am kinda going through more of Hwang Jung-min's movies and The Spy Gone North so far is pretty good. Early 90's spy drama mostly set in Beijing and North Korea and I believe based on a true story.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

Shinsaege or New World was a Korean Departed that came out like 2016 or 2018. I remember it set up for a trilogy, did it ever happen? Movie was dope.

Not that I've seen but this is one of my favorite films.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

esperterra posted:

Choi Min-sik owns and I am amazed I haven't watched New World yet. Thanks for a movie to watch this week!

Hwang Jung-min is fantastic in it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

Deliver Us From Evil brings back that particular acting team, with similar high quality action, but a radically different plot. Much more of a we hit men are genuinely terrible people who are making the world a worse place kind of vibe.

Ah sweet, glad you mentioned this