Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013
I'm hardly a Korean movies expert, but here's some good Korean stuff released since The Assassination:

The Handmaiden - directed by Park Chan-wook, aka the director of Oldboy. A visually stunning thriller that takes place in early 20th century Japan-occupied Korea. Lots of intrigue and sex.
The Wailing - an atmospheric horror/thriller about mysterious sickness and other weird happenings in rural Korea.
Train to Busan - Korean zombies on a train. I haven't seen this one myself, but it was very well received.
Burning - an adaptation of a short story by Haruki Murakami. I haven't seen this one either, as I'm slightly allergic to Murakami, but it has also received great reviews.

Granted, most of these are not super recent (all of them except for Burning were released in 2016, I think).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU