Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Stare-Out posted:

Castaway on the Moon is one of the most lighthearted, least cynical films I've probably ever watched. It's great.

There's Chan-wook Park's famous vengeance trilogy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance and Oldboy, and The Handmaiden is really good too. He also made one of my favorite vampire movies ever, Thirst.

Also on the crime/action thriller front you have movies like The Chaser and I Saw The Devil, and The Man From Nowhere and The Yellow Sea.

No one mentioned Memories of Murder which is possibly my favorite SK movie ever. Such a great investigative serial killer movie by a great director, Joon-ho Bong (who also directed Snowpiercer, The Host, Mother and Okja) and I just recently watched his latest, Parasite, which was also excellent.

A lot of these movies star Kang-ho Song, who tends to show up in quality flicks.

Other than Handmaiden and Parasite they aren’t all that recent. Some of these are nearly 20 years old. I took it that the op was familiar with the high points of the big Korean movie boom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU