Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Madkal posted:

March which tells the story of John Lewis and the civil rights movement. Beyond being an excellent autobiography the book is really excellent at telling the history of the civil rights movement in the USA and the amount of poo poo people had to go through just to be heard. At times heart wrenching and at times inspiring, I really recommend this one (or 3) to anyone who cares about history and social justice.

I can't believe you recommended March in February.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Madkal posted:

Looks like on the American amazon site it is only $24 and on the Canadian site its $200 so time to start stocking up on MB in the States and sell them on the black market in Canada.

Trades for more obscure books are printed in such low quantities that they tend to bump into the ugly end of automatic pricing algorithms for Amazon marketplace. Sometimes it's accurate, but a lot of the times it's just that there's only one or two copies of the book up for sale with the prices constantly bumping upward.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Let's be fair. Does Canada really need Manitoba?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Samuringa posted:

I would actually need one of those for Straczynski

IIRC, he put a pronunciation guide in his USENET signature.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I learned something there.
I always pronounced DeMatteis as De-mah-tay-es in my head

In the replies to the tweet, DeMatteis says he prefers the pronunciation you were using.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I've never heard of this before and now I'm desperate to read it.

Here's a cover gallery if you want to check out what these books looked like:

https://www.tebeosfera.com/numeros/spiderman_1963_la_prensa_-el_sorprendente_hombre_arana-_1.html

Apparently he teams up with "Original Character Do Not Steal" Vampirella:

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 17, 2019

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Madkal posted:

Magneto adopting the comics counterpart colour scheme as he aged too

Why not? Magneto has a legit great color scheme. I mean, except for those few years where he wore the purple Superman suit with a big M on his chest.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Quick! Someone correct my spelling of Spiderman!

"It's Spider-Man. With a hyphen."
:goonsay:

:smug:

Edit: Maybe JJJ is right. In Amazing #1, Spiderman steals and wrecks a motorboat. He's a menace!

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Samuringa posted:

hyphens hadn't been invented back then

Weirdly, in Amazing Spider-Man #1, half the pages spell it Spiderman and the other half use Spider-Man. I suspect the change resulted from word balloons where they often had to break the name up onto two lines which happens all the time AF15 and ASM1.