Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

FAUXTON posted:

AK27, a 20-pound behemoth of wood and steel firing 7.62x54 at like idk 300 rpm like every good interwar gun

I wonder if TFR is gonna lose their collective poo poo like every time a journalist says "clip" instead of "magazine"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

theyre all so scared

Yeah it's that economic anxiety again

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Hahaha

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Something that isn't SOTU talk...

https://features.propublica.org/navy-accidents/uss-fitzgerald-destroyer-crash-crystal

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

What a lovely little stub of an article. Maybe it's not loading properly on mobile?

Anyhow, downtown Richmond has been busy this week. Either there's been a legitimate security threat or the governor's feefees are hurt, because there's road closures and security checkpoints around the capitol square/executive mansion.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
I think this tweet sums things up nicely...

https://twitter.com/markberman/status/1093188798492610560

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Proud Christian Mom posted:

probably the only dude who isnt an abject creep in Virginia politics is Lee Carter

Lee Carter is solid... I seem to recall a few other NoVa progressives who had good policy platforms.Debra Rodman is my rep and she is pretty proactive about constituent surveys, feedback and women's issues.

E: hahaha
https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1093255390970687488

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 6, 2019

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

McNally posted:

They're confusing Virginia politicians. It wasn't the VA House Speaker who had his name pulled from a bowl, that was someone else.

True, but I think they're implying he only got the Speaker job because of the one-seat lead that was decided by the drawing. It's a little misleading

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Casimir Radon posted:

I like Warren despite the missteps.

Putting down "American Indian" on your state bar paperwork seems lovely, even for a lawyer. I wish they cracked down on all the contractor companies owned by white as gently caress 1/64th Cherokee cardholders who use that to win contracts

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Should have clarified... If you have no tribal identity, no ties to any sort of group, and your percentage ancestry drops below a certain point, I think it's lovely. It's used by companies to abuse the government awards process.

E: without getting into too much detail on mobile posting, it's basically impersonating a disadvantaged class in order to gain priority in a contract awards process

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Yeah sorry, I am pretty ignorant of how those cards are used. I'm only familiar with my own industry (engineering) and seen companies game that system for minority/female ownership, amongst other things like getting creative with finances to stay below a certain (8-figure) revenue to retain "disadvantaged" status. It sucks.

I see what I assume is someone trying to get an undeserved leg up and I roll my eyes.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Where's his presidential library gonna be? Will armed CHUDs stand watch over it like an Alabama recruiting station?

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
I hate the idea of tertiary electronics being shoved into perfectly good mechanical systems for no reason. See: every car made after 2005 or so.

That said I would 100% buy a "brick phone" laser rifle made by Nokia

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Jarmak posted:

Lol what is this Luddite nonsense

Funny how my old SUV runs just fine for almost two decades, but my 2016 wagon needs a periodic firmware update at the dealer otherwise it bricks the speedometer or fucks up the radio. My boss's fridge which is 3 years old broke the other day and they had to replace more than one board costing hundreds of dollars to get it's retard electronic brain running again. I had to run a firmware update on the loving power brick of my Surface Pro last month using a loaner cord because it wouldn't work.

Don't pretend EFI and 80s/90s tech is on par with the stupid IoT poo poo of today

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
If you don't think that the complexity and difficulty of appliance and auto repair has increased dramatically over last two decades as opposed to the decades previous, I don't know what to say. My point is that the added utility gained over that time period doesn't always justify that complexity/difficulty and the associated cost.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Casimir Radon posted:

And causing the rapture.

People on SA joke about this all the time but I heard this stuff in church growing up and it blows my mind how OK everyone was with it.

Didn't Dubya scare the poo poo out of the French president with this kind of talk?

E: haha https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/andrewbrown/2009/aug/10/religion-george-bush

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 12, 2019

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Reign Of Pain posted:

Florida man buys a Lexus with his $980k cashiers check he got from the IRS instead of going straight to Bolivia and double birding the US all the way there.

Imagine getting a check for a million dollars and all you can think to do is buy a Lexus

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Condolences... had a co-worker go through multiple rounds of the ultrasound and looked pretty miserable for the next few days passing whatever bits got broken up. He was in his mid-30s... When asked what caused it he said he grew up in rural Oklahoma and couldn't really remember drinking water as a kid, just coke 24/7, even at breakfast :911:

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
MAGA child sues WaPo for defamation, claims damages of $Texas: (fixed link)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-covington-suit-idUSKCN1Q82SW

How do damages work, just pick a number and hope for a cool judge/jury?

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 20, 2019

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Taxpayers have picked up the tab for the Secret Service to rent golf carts to protect Trump while he hits the links, including more than $90,000 this winter in Florida, bringing the agency’s total golf-cart rental expenses to approximately $400,000 since Trump took office. Trump’s golfing while president has so far cost taxpayers an estimated $88 million, including security and flights aboard Air Force One.

https://qz.com/1555978/trump-is-building-a-wall-after-all-around-his-florida-golf-club/

Not only that, but isn't the fat gently caress billing a ton of this to his own companies?

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

mods changed my name posted:

I'm guessing fox has had the made for tvmovie about a water skiing squirrel airing all morning?

Reports of FEC complaints against AOC regarding payments to her boyfriend, last I saw on the ticker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
:lol:

https://twitter.com/everybodyzzmama/status/1101017941355589632