Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Need to redo my taxes and see if I hosed something up, but they've been pretty static the past 4-5 years and this year my return went down by $5k. Glad I didn't update my withholding last year or I would've owed. Thanks for the tax cut?

(Hooray for living in NY)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeah you don't get your state income tax back anymore so its a massive tax increase in blue states.

Red states with low (or no!) state taxes however are not affected as badly.

Yeah I was looking over the math this morning making sure I didn't miss something, but it really is just that.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

aphid_licker posted:

It's kinda mindblowing to imagine that for Trump the (presidency of the) US and A is secondary to his dumb house project. Like those Senators who move millions and billions in taxpayer money in exchange for four or five figures in campaign donations. Cool to see how in the end your shirt will always be closer to your heart than your jacket.

That is what has always blown my mind - not that politicians can be bought, but that they're so cheap.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Generally what do you have to do to end up owing taxes? gently caress with your withholdings a bunch?

If you're a contractor at multiple locations it can get hosed up, if you're getting freelance income or anything that doesn't have withholding it gets you. Like 85% of my brother's income is from Spotify and the remaining 15% is on I-9s, he owes big every year.

But yes, if your income is on a single W2, you probably can't gently caress it up without intentionally setting your withholding way way up.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

Higher middle income people in blue states got hosed because of the state and local tax deduction.

Much as it hurts to get hosed this year, I was ready and wasn't counting on the return for anything. I'm hoping the people at work who are still in the "knowing everything I know today, I still wouldn't have voted for Hillary" camp do their taxes in the next few weeks and get a surprise. Would make it worth it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

What did he just say that had all of the Dem women up cheering that he responded with "you weren't supposed to do that"? I missed it.

e; Why is he rattling of these stats about women in government like he is proud of it? It is like cancer being proud of chemo.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Is it infrastructure week again?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

Lotta white men clapping to control women's bodies

That's racist.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So is he taking credit for winning WW2 now, I'm confused and don't have enough liquor for this.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I thought WW2 vets fought nazis.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

Are they Primed and ready to go? :suicide:

Sorry! There's been a delay.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I love the response from every single person in the room.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Aaaaand it's gone after 9 hours. :rip:

I swear to god there's some E-3 at the pentagon whose only job is to search for that all day every day

Yeah I missed it and have no idea what anyone is talking about.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I look forward to a future D president using this as precedent to do something about climate change or gun contr--- I'm sorry, this just in, in a 5-4 decision..

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Mother fucker couldn't think of a second thing.

He is particularly low energy today.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Fallom posted:

uh why is he talking about murdering drug dealers?

Because we won't let him, and that is why he needs to have a border wall on the southern border, to keep drugs out of Gina.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Holy poo poo this is getting bizarre.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

NBC: "Would you like to comment on getting owned bythe Dems and being a little bitch?"

e; He still doesn't know what a tariff is.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

President Deals, ladies and gentlemen.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

There's always a godamned tweet. I hope at the end of this presidency someone indexes all the tweets together and publishes it for the world to see

"Donald v Donald: A President Divided (in Tweets)"

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

What a loving oval office.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Not today, satan.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dick blumenthal has like 8" on trump

He's taller too.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Reign Of Pain posted:

:lol: Cohen had to write snottygrams to all the places Dirty Donny went to school threatening them not to release his grades...even high school

It really is just never gonna cease to amaze me at how insecure our orange king is

Is there anything that would actually prevent a school from releasing a transcript? I don't recall any kind of nondisclosure, but i also was a teenager.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

mods changed my name posted:

FERPA laws generally

Yeah I just saw some people in a FB alumni group posting the letter Cohen sent to Fordham with the citation. God knows how you would enforce that if it "leaked" as opposed to being released, but that's not something you want to find out when threatened with litigation.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Pretty sure a version of this dumbass rumor has been around since I was in grade school.
https://twitter.com/parkermolloy/status/1101503236702420992?s=21

Are 2 or 3 of them poison?