Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Have some good wholesome entertainment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2AbcCbyJ2U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

Coonman

Come together with your hands

Save me

All my friends are Indians
All my friends are brown and red. Coonman

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

White people have savior complex too and that fucks up a lot more than good.

People can change and understanding that change is the most important thing white people can do without the need to interfere with it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I havent had taxable income in years. poo poo is wild

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

6) I will gladly pay more if it makes the libs pay even more

7) gently caress over everyone because they're against God and Ill go to heaven

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I should save all my receipts from buying weed and give them to the VA when it shakes out that they'll acknowledge medical marijuana.

Also only worth it for tax reasons if it is several thousands of dollars. I checked

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

How would Trump administer the test himself?

The Kashoggi method

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Reign Of Pain posted:

Is hemp beer legal? Is there even a thing? I want more weed in my beer.

I think there are a lot of hops to jump through

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

https://youtu.be/AljakpXAh7c

AoC doin work

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

What the gently caress is that barrel attachment?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Oh I get it. They want to print the goddamn thing.

That or the contract was given to Nerf

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

They can take my weed from my cold clammy hands

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

Humbling tbqh.

Got one that avoids paywalls?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vasudus posted:

open wapo/nyt/etc articles in incognito mode

Thank you

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nah. I dont want the shame to come back

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vasudus posted:

https://twitter.com/thenation/status/1094054539102175233

We're all going to die and the world as we know it will be ruined before we're old men.

Not making me feel good as a parent.

I went to the beach this summer and it was the warmest I had ever seen. The heat would warm the pool up to be at least 80 degrees.

I read somewhere that we should look at the ocean floor as basically an underwater desert. Part of fixing that problem is helping things live there. Something also about how iron dust helps promote growth. Not sure how true it is.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vasudus posted:

It's called Iron Fertilization. The idea being that you seed a fuckton of (digestible/degradable to bacteria) iron to areas that have been previously depleted. The presence of that iron spurns bacteria and plankton, which not only reinforce the rapidly depleting food chain but also serves as effective carbon capture.

So the first Deus Ex Remake (Human Revolution) actually kinda covered that. The endgame location was a device called Panchea which really was an absolutely colossal (several miles wide) metal tube in the Arctic ocean that went down to the floor. It was going to be a sort of planetary filter that would strain out things like stray uranium (there's more uranium in the oceans than buried in rocks) and seed the ocean with iron particulates to fix the ecosystem. Of course this was a fantasy project that even in the ingame lore was unlikely to succeed.

Are we waiting for more research regarding iron fertilization or is there a drawback? The stats I read made it sound incredible and more than tripled the salmon population in an area after a year.

Never played Deus Ex, I missed a lot of really good games that I just didn't and don't have time for. That and I'm on OSX and almost nothing gets released for it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

Deus Ex is worth jumping through whatever hoops you gotta jump through to make it work.

On the topic of missing out on games, has there even been a truly great groundbreaking game since HL2 or Portal?

Depending on what you want to play.

I enjoyed watching Soma for the nice narrative they did. Same with Until Dawn.

Mass Effect 1-3 was such a good story and game play but the ending was dumb as gently caress.

Fallout 4 was fun.

The new Apex is also supposedly really loving good.

I like online cooperative and comp games. Ones that are immersive.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've never really liked BR games tbh, but I'd try this one if it was on osx

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

bengy81 posted:

I've been legit thinking about going on some, living with existential dread is pretty rough.

I was driving back from the airport last night and while trying to find a basketball or hockey game to listen to, I found the local conservative talk radio. They were talking about the green new deal and the "absurdity" of having to give up beef and cars, they were laughing about it like its a big joke. I wonder if there is ever gonna be a way to make those types understand whats happening, maybe when we have to eat worm protein burgers cuz beef is too expensive?

I've basically cut my red meat intake back to nothing, and I'm working on fixing other habits, but honestly, it feels like too little too late.

Ever get the feeling we were fleeced out of a future?

I had to and climate change did it. Had a really really bad panic attack about loving up and bringing kids into this hosed up world. I am on a normal dose of venlafaxine and it made my overwhelming anxiety go away. For days I couldnt sleep or eat. When I could sleep, Id shoot back awake with "ah poo poo, acidification of our oceans," immediately. I basically had to stop smoking pot because it would send me into overdrive.

I still have hope and promised I would continue to fight for a better future. We, as humans, have always banded together in times of dire need. We do bad, but we also do good. My family has changes how we live. We dont buy nestle or associated products. We eat little beef and limit or Carbon footprint. Sure, our poo poo is a drop in the ocean. An ocean made of tiny drops just like mine. I have seen a major cultural shift in just the past year regarding climate change, and hear more and more of people altering for a better lifestyle.

Voting with your wallet will change industrial usage of c02

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I already had kids. The decision was made and I would have made the same one again. I have 3 boys who will grow up with my values and lifestyle. They saved my life and I need to teach them everything I have learned. To help make the world a better place.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nevermind. Late post. Good thing too. Guess the bad lot thing is bullshit. Cant find any news on it

Soulex fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 15, 2019

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I have this song in my head now

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

Players (especially non-stars) and refs/support staff should get paid more at the expense of the owners' take-home shares. That's my strongest sportsball conviction, aside from maybe do everything you possibly can to make it safe, even if it means changing the way kids play so much that the NFL gets aged into having to follow suit.

Next tell us you don't own a TV.

Stadiums shouldnt be tax funded unless tax payers get returns on events. Ticket sales and consessions go to owners. Thats bullshit imo since they dont own the loving place.

Players should be paid decently but not obscenely.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Flikken posted:

Agreed but he was also arguing for less salary for the players.

Not really no. More even distribution.
Ill use soccer as an example since I know it best.

Italian team Juventus just signed someone for 518,000 dollars a week. Not Ronaldo who is also on an equally obscene wage. Juventus obviously are the heavyweights and get more money from league tv rights and such. They own their stadium. Udinese also own their own stadium but is significantly worse off. In fact, the big money signing can pay for almost ALL of Udinese's wages (.7 million weekly). Same league, same colors, yet Juventus are allowed to do financially better due to a bunch of legit and not so legit business.

Is it fair for one team to be able to inflate the median wage for athletes? What happens when that money isnt shared? Well, if you have seen Serie A at all, youll know Juventus are running away with their 8th staright league title. poo poo, the second place team a few years back had 91 points in second place. That is a good first place point showing over 36 games. But second place because other teams cant afford it.

Media rights need to be more fair to the smaller teams, and part of that is imimenting something like a wage cap. poo poo, referees in some leagues have to work a second job. Media money is also heavily favored to the big name, and while I get it, the name shouldnt be taking a chunk large enough to create division.

I think atheletes need to be paid what they are worth, but not so that they make half a million in a week. And to be clear, he makes more than Ronaldo does, who is a world class athlete and possible rapist.

I think college athletes should be paid something. I think atheletes should also have opportunities for employment or what have you after retirement.

So no, not all athletes should be paid less. Just the ones that make stupid money.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

Speaking of criminally underpaid people: Cheerleaders. They get paid far less than minimum wage in most cases. Sometimes something less than a dollar an hour after the cost of mandatory hairstyling, makeup, nails, etc at cheerleader expense.

I also like how when refs struck at first there was a lot of fan angst about how they got paid well, and then there were so many blown calls by the semi-pros they brought in as scabs, and oh boy, the tune changed quick about the worth of a pro-level ref.

Honestly, this is why I photograph them at college games. I mean, no one gets paid there but they are just often ignored during games. They practice a lot and get hurt just as often. There is a lot of dedication that goes into doing what you enjoy, and I try to shine some light on that. Apparently, they also just got hit with a "no unassisted flips without male supervision" thing from the head cheerleading organization this year. So everything they had been practicing is moot. The word came down to everyone but schools with no male counterparts on the cheer squad get the worst of it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Chichevache posted:

We all just gonna ignore this?

Do you not know what I do?

Edit: saw your post. Yeah, I am a sports photographer. I totally get your reaction though. I dont see many other photographers shooting cheer or dance teams. I try to change that and also give the photos back to the athletes.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 18, 2019

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

nullscan posted:

Well at least you can camouflage your house like the hippy in Children of Men.

Hey. Pull my finger.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

American Al Qaeda

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

I don't speak catty bitch.

But you understand it?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

EBB posted:

We're gonna try something new from here on since it is a growing problem. Slapfights get you a day. I don't care if you're right, you both go to the corner.

Also known as "American Education Style"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Loden Taylor posted:

MANAFORT turns away from CRIMES

MANAFORT: You are too much for me, Crimes. You son of a whoreson bitch. I wish I knew how to quit you.

CRIMES (crying): Then why don't you? Why don't you just let me be, huh?

MANAFORT moves to hug CRIMES, but CRIMES tries to fight him off.

CRIMES (sobbing): Get the gently caress off me!

MANAFORT and CRIMES embrace and fall to their knees, holding each other as they weep.

This but his wife

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

He’s a real life version of Bender, just that the entire country was his Fry that he wanted to steal organs from and sell for beer money.

Also not nearly as endearing

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Buttglug

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The aliens are going to be so pissed when they come back and discover we've killed ourselves off and they don't get to harvest us

I wanted to write a short story about how Earth is basically Alien Timmy's third grade science experiment and hosed it all up.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Everyone thinks the Flu is getting a cold. That is why.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I am glad I have kids. I would likely be dead without them.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cake farts!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Cohen better write a goddamn book for history's sake

Is he allowed to profit off of his crimes? I am unsure about this tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

That dumb oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)