Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Mechanical fuel injection for the win. Unless it's on a GM 6.2L or 6.5L. gently caress those boat anchors.

It's a cut and necked down 7.62 cartridge. If you want to build an AR with 6.5CM you need an AR10 lower. So yeah, heavier cartridge. 6.8 would be even heavier.

6.5CM ballistics are pretty tits though.

Wrong 6.5. They’re looking at 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPR II and the like that use standard AR-15 pattern lowers and magazines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Super gross schools are putting kids through these ineffective drills

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Speaking of the theater hostage situation, y'all need to read Chechen Jihad. My old OIC, a humint marsoc dude, lent it to me to read on my convo leave after a surgery and it does a really good job of covering how the Chechen independence movement got taken over by religious groups and basically served as a test run for how Al Qaeda handled stuff in the middle east.

It covers the theater hostage situation in depth from both sides and also covers some other less-famous attacks like the time Chechens managed to get on the construction crew of a school and hide bombs in the structure of the building for a later attack.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

USMC503 posted:

lmfao

Eh, the 51% has been talked about, but it's one of those things that has been deemed so improbable due to the requirements to pull it off that it'd likely never happen (at least to a major crypto).

With that, I am genuinely super curious how the dude did it, because the computational power you'd need to achieve that would be insane.

I believe the fine engineers at Pied Piper would tell you otherwise

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

bengy81 posted:

I think "The Water Knife" paints a pretty good picture of what the world will look like in 40 years.

Pump Six and Other Stories is a short story collection Paolo Bacigalupi wrote before TWK and has some stories set in the same setting, and almost all of the others are in similar settings. Very great collection.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Bernie’s been calling out trump and his supporters pretty much this entire Town Hall

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

The NRA is the biggest threat to gun rights in this country, and that's saying something in the same country that Feinstein is a legislator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Yaaaas Nancy killing it as per much respect she’s my hero

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1101185031681257472?s=21

No wait she sucks and the sooner she’s dumped the better