Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I thought this was a joke about how poorly his press conference went.

But no. :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Bored As gently caress posted:

Well technically they're all accelerating their deaths by repeatedly hitting each other and knocking each other around, ruining their bodies and brains over time.

Although they still come out ahead because the average American is horribly sedentary.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

And none of them will be hanged. So tragic.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1092507529949655041

:holy:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

mods changed my name posted:

vapid, apoplectic Kaiju engaging in cargo cult worship mixed with purestrain crab bucket mentality
:goonsay:

This post is such a great example of Dunning-Kruger.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/928033696401195008

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
JFC this guy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1094035813820784640

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FAUXTON posted:

chuds are just plain creatures of unquenchable spite

give a tankie a ushanka and healthcare and he'll be right as rain

Oh please. Tankies are never satisfied. Nothing is ever revolutionary enough.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

BigDave posted:

Welp, time to up my antidepressant dosage.

Same.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

In 1000 years the few small tribal villages that exist at the extreme ends of the globe will talk of ancient empires so powerful that people could fly around the world and make fireballs that would vaporize entire cities. Our technology will be gone. We’re going to lose so much.

Ever read A Canticle For Leibowitz?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

quote:

Following graduation from Princeton in 2003, Hegseth joined Bear Stearns as an equity capital markets analyst and was also commissioned as a reserve infantry officer into the U.S. Army National Guard.

:hmmyes:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

shame on an IGA posted:

That illustration appears to meet the criteria for the editorial cartooning pulitzer and drat well better win

quote:

“This is not a drill,” a voice announced over the PA system. At the same moment, teachers received a text message warning of an active shooter on campus. Fearful students took shelter in classrooms. Many sobbed hysterically, others vomited or fainted, and some sent farewell notes to parents. A later announcement prompted a stampede in the cafeteria, as students fled the building and jumped over fences to escape. Parents flooded 911 with frantic calls.

Later it was revealed, to the fury of parents, teachers, and students, that in fact this was a drill

:thumbsup:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Casimir Radon posted:

There are tons of Mormons who hate the idea of public land and want to be able to drive their 4 wheelers on top of archaeological sites.

I think that has less to do with being Mormon and more to do with 99% of residents of empty Western states are mouth breathers.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

Jesus loving christ. We really don't have a prayer, do we.

But we can. You know we can.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

What a choad.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I absolutely cannot sleep in an upright position. Also, I'm 6'2". International flights are 12-20 hours of pure misery.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vriess posted:

We owe that to automobile lobbyists and manufacturers that bought the train lines and dismantled them during the guilded age to force people to buy cars.

FYI, the "gilded age" refers to the late 19th century. It is a parody of "golden age," implying that the shiny appearance of wealth and progress was laid over a cheap substrate of corruption and social ill.

The guilded age would have been the high middle ages to the early modern period.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is sci fi weird because its written by nerds or because its written for them?

whynotboth.gif

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Professor Bling posted:

lol at this ignorance and acting like cops investigating themselves are gonna go "yep, he murdered that unarmed dude" instead of circling the wagons every goddamned time they can

also gently caress you for that lukewarm take you poo poo

Also the fact that some of the poo poo they do is legal is part of what the protests are about.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://twitter.com/renjender/status/1097162156435537921

I'm not denying this, but is there a football or baseball team with a fanbase who aren't awful chuds?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm guessing his lawyers got a pretty stern call from the US marshall's office assigned to the judge's district.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1097591117598515200

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
This is my problem with Sanders:

quote:

When asked by VPR’s Bob Kinzel if he’s worried that he might no longer best represent “the face of the new Democratic Party,” Sanders defended his campaign by invoking Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech — a pro-Black civil rights speech that was definitely not intended to give white men the confidence to run for president.

“We have got to look at candidates, you know, not by the color of their skin, not by their sexual orientation, or their gender, and not by their age,” he continued. “I mean, I think we have got to try to move us toward a non-discriminatory society which looks at people based on their abilities, based on what they stand for.”

He still does not understand that race, gender, and sexual orientation matter. They aren't secondary or subordinate to economics. He doesn't understand that a minority perspective is a positive attribute, not a neutral one.

He doesn't get that at this point, old white straight men need to sit the gently caress down and support or shut up.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

hobbesmaster posted:

The problem right now is that the follow up to that is “and therefore we need to elect a woman of color that prosecuted poor black weed users while toking up at home herself”

She isn't the only one in the race and his statement was tone deaf and privileged as gently caress.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Best Friends posted:

I get that as an issue but it seems that standard only gets applied to Bernie Sanders. Biden literally gave Strom Thurmond's eulogy and got into politics to fight bussing, but the woke police have not made any arrests there. It feels tactical. Like how in 2016, suddenly republicans everywhere cared deeply about email security policies.

Biden isn't running yo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Syrian Lannister posted:

Peter Tork from the Monkees died.

:(
Finally, news I care about.

I fuckin' love the Monkees and I don't care who knows.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Godholio posted:

Watching their dumbass show in syndication was an awesome part of my childhood that I almost never think about. :( They made some good poo poo.

Their last album (Good Times) was actually as good as anything from the 60s.

And Head was brilliant.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Eej posted:

Ahahah

For some reason I thought she had retired because California was sick of her poo poo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

There is also no way in hell Jack doesn't vote republican so he'll protect his own

This has been a legit fear of mine for years now. And that much would kill way more than a building's worth with the right dispersal. I also think nobody takes the threat seriously. We do not need a major terror attack in general and we god drat sure don't need one with this moron in office.

M_Gargantua posted:

Wouldn’t that quantity of carfentynl be just as difficult to produce as a real nerve agent? If it’s something you can make in a shed I’d expect more people to be making it rather than importing heroin.

This has already been posted but,

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

Is this a joke about the 2002 Moscow theater hostage situation?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

:(

I really liked stratocumulus. Especially the radiatus and undulatus varieties.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

That Works posted:

We're shuffling and worldwide spreading flu antigens more homogenously than ever before so I bet flu A isn't gonna be quite a killer like that again unless we get a particularly distant crossover from another host that happens to spread easily in humans.

I'm always amazed at how little flu gets attention given its amazing bodycount from year to year.

E: my Black death lecture in class is fun as poo poo. I open up with "imagine the population of every state on the Atlantic coast dying in 5 years" and go from there.

Do you have a resource where I can learn why the plague outbreaks happened when they did?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MA-Horus posted:

Counterpoint

Both Alex Jones and Andrew Wakefield live in Austin.

Every time I read about Andrew Wakefield I think of Rick Wakeman and get really confused.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

BigDave posted:

Alright, WWIII begins!

That would require a system of alliances to draw more people in.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Woof Blitzer posted:

Remember when we gave Saddam anthrax? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Nobody remembers.
Nobody remembers just a couple days ago when a Coast Guard officer was arrested in DC with a weapons stockpile and list of liberal targets.
Nobody remembers anything.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CommieGIR posted:

He spawned an alt-account and is begging for daddy trump to intervene:

https://twitter.com/JacobWohlAlt/status/1100511039114768384

"right before"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FAUXTON posted:

Did he miss the grade school reading class on context clues

Henry II was innocent!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Known intellectual and well-qualified counterterrorist Dr. Gorka appears to have confused Joseph Stalin with the Hamburglar:

https://twitter.com/alexnazaryan/status/1101132024356712449

Who keeps letting that blockhead have airtime?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Internet Wizard posted:

Yaaaas Nancy killing it as per much respect she’s my hero

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1101185031681257472?s=21

No wait she sucks and the sooner she’s dumped the better

Write to her. Complain to her. Push her. It's possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

mods changed my name posted:

gently caress biden, gently caress harris, gently caress clinton

gently caress booker
https://twitter.com/AM2DM/status/1101141324831420416