Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Max Boot, regardless of his opposition to the current GOP is a loving weirdo who clearly doesn't understand twitter or modern politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Syrian Lannister posted:

So I guess we’re suspending the intermediate range missile treaty

Time to build the Pershing III. :gritin:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Lol

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1092609613357375490?s=20

:bisonyes:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1092830749458382849?s=21

The loving CENTCOM commander probably found out via CNN. Utter insanity. :lol:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Higher middle income people in blue states got hosed because of the state and local tax deduction.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

psydude posted:

She has a lot of experience in that regard.

Takes a propagandist to know one? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Case in point Strom Thurmond.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Does this cross the legal threshold for extortion/blackmail or is it just of extremely low taste/morals?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/1093895758342955011?s=20

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Fallom posted:

Boy if you think boomers are depressing try being surrounded by 20-somethings with technical degrees that are all science deniers and say the same exact poo poo that the right wing talk show hosts do.

The only thing that gives me the remotest amount of hope in my generation is every so often seeing a poll that says we approve of not murdering the sick and poor at a rate above 30%. I don’t know where those people are though because I literally never encounter any of them ever in real life.

what region do you live in? That sounds kind of unusual. Meeting Millennial or younger chuds is pretty uncommon for me.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Yeah, I just downloaded Apex Legends on my Xbox One X and it seems pretty fun so far.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Wellbutrin. :science:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm well able to believe the worst of Donnie because reality bears it out the vast majority of the time. I think he's too stupid to know about the Trail of Tears. He wouldn't know about Pocahontas if Disney hadn't made a tone deaf loose adaptation of her life.

I already went through that with the military once, wasn't fun. In hindsight there was much less stuff to be depressed about in 2011-2013.

Happiness > military career (or anything else). Wellbutrin while not perfect for solving all sadbrains, personally A+ would do it again. Honestly it doesn't even make me happy, it just keeps my mood at a constant level of contentment.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

Sinclair Broadcasting will interrupt programming on all of its local stations tonight at 7:00 for a special hour long roundtable discussion about the preschool to prison pipeline, hosted by Armstrong Williams. I will be making an effort to tune in because that sounds fuckin' hilarious.

I mean it's a real concept: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/School-to-prison_pipeline

Not that I have any faith that Sinclair will add anything of value to the debate.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I mean felony drunk driving (for non-accident/injury cases) doesn't seem to really deter people since "XXXX man arrested for 8th offense DUI" is a pretty common local story.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:stare:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Ok someone should go to prison for being that stupid with a "drill" like that.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

ded posted:

4.8% is heavy? lmfbo

Ya, 4.8 is light beer territory. The beer I was drinking tonight was 11%.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

Aaaaand it's gone after 9 hours. :rip:

I swear to god there's some E-3 at the pentagon whose only job is to search for that all day every day

Why does it get deleted so quickly?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:catstare:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

BaconAndBullets posted:

Of all the people to turn bad, counterintelligence is near (or at top) of that list.

Yeah. There are few people I consider lower than those willing to betray the trust that the government (and by extension the American people) put into us w/ regards to keeping our secrets. Seriously gently caress this lady, I hope she gets a cell next to Robert Hanssen in ADX Florence.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not likely. She defected to Iran.

Unless she plans on never leaving Iran, we'll see how long she can run.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Cool colorblind racism, asshat. Man, Schultz is really loving showing how poo poo he is. Although that statement will appeal to centrists or moderate right "independents" who probably aren't even consciously aware of their racist policies/tendencies.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:siren:WARNING NUCLEAR HOT TAKE DETECTED:siren:

:allears: @ folks ITT expressing more concern about a broken machine on another planet than the millions of people literally starving to death on this one.

:allears:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

McNally posted:

It doesn't show up in Leper's Colony but goddamnit I'm not letting my work go to waste.

https://i.imgur.com/IPq005F.mp4

:perfect:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1095834114387779584?s=20

Manafucked.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

Seriously, this transformation:

...posts in GBS for a while...

wut

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Jarmak posted:

Buy a used car, drat things last forever these days anyway.

I'm hoping work wise I don't have to get a car again but yeah I've got my eyes on a used Mazda 3 or similar. Basically whatever I can get for 10-15k that will last a decade and not suck.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/abo/d/long-island-city-long-island-city/6807102932.html

:laugh:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

our fat gently caress governor is trying to lay himself prostrate before B E Z O S in order to get it to come to Chicago

eh whatever, I'm escaping this hell for a different one

I mean at least Chicago actually has a near perfect undeveloped location for Amazon along with a large enough economy and housing stock to absorb that number of workers.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Art of the deal, folks. :golfclap:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/former-gop-rep-watching-mcconnell-eat-manure-sandwich

:laugh:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

SimonCat posted:

So this call up only effects the Federal Reservists and not National Guardsmen, right?

The Guard is part of the Ready Reserve in its federal capacity.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

MaxPowers posted:

Build that wall Donny!

Loled at the fake news pay wall play by play of the spending bill where nancy peloci kicks down the senate door and yells GOTCHA! The whole piece drips with TDS and I cant believe some of you bought it hook line and sinker.

I actually wish I was still in the IRR so I could help build that wall, put E X T R A barbed wire everywhere. Sea of barbed wire. Now I wanna play foxhole.

I hope you get tetanus.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:hellyeah:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

When I was a kid my family lived in France for a few years, and some of my favorite memories was zipping around the countryside on the TGV. I just looked up some ticket information out of curiosity. Paris to Marseille (about 500 miles) takes under 3 and a half hours and costs like $50 on the weekend (half that on weekdays). That's like going from DC to Boston, or San Francisco to San Diego. It's loving criminal that we don't have something like that here.

I costs almost $50 on the 70 mile Amtrak route from Milwaukee to Chicago. Although I'm not complaining because that's probably some of the best train service between any two cities in the US, sadly.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

It’s me, the one who would rather sit on a train for 10 hours than deal with an airport.

Anyone in their right mind who has used the few good trains we have in the US or traveled to Europe or Asia would be willing to do that. On the train you get comfortable seats, can walk around, go hang out in the bar/dining car, etc. as you zip by the countryside at a relaxing 100-200mph, plus you know leaving from and arriving in the city center. gently caress yeah it's great.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1096521856222486528?s=20

:gritin:

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Oh you can afford direct flights?

Tbh it's pretty easy if you live near a major airline hub.