Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

AK27, a 20-pound behemoth of wood and steel firing 7.62x54 at like idk 300 rpm like every good interwar gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

egyptian rat race posted:

I wonder if TFR is gonna lose their collective poo poo like every time a journalist says "clip" instead of "magazine"

just lean into it around them

"this clip chambers 30 shells"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

oh man a terrible superweapon that's only defeated by *checks notes* polarized eyewear

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

colachute posted:

Polarized eyewear is against regulation though so it’s the perfect weapon unless soldiers want extra duty for 45 days.

What if they issue the polarized eyewear

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

They should have just eaten the fine and wrapped up the game targeting Brady's knees with helmets until someone shattered one.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hobbesmaster posted:

Uh, that wasn't about the movie "Taken"?

No those were armenians or albanians or whatever

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nick Soapdish posted:

Getting the feeling of a POLITBUREAU speech here

shame it ain't a ceaucescu speech

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vasudus posted:

Warren taking the test is mostly a matter of an establishment/decorum politician failing to realize that the game has changed. Very few dems have realized it.

Honestly the sooner more Dems realize it's ok and good to just tell the gop to gently caress off with their bullshit the better.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Get enough privates out there and you don't need any fancy equipment

my privates are the fanciest equipment :anime:

facialimpediment posted:

They used to say that Obama would be stupid without a teleprompter.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1093522333820694528?s=19

tfw you accidentally blurt out something absolutely correct

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

oh that's the good stuff

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DoktorLoken posted:

Case in point Strom Thurmond.

More recent cases in point: extremely thirsty chuds being incapable of leaving AOC alone.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shame on an IGA posted:

Wells Fargo's entire retail banking system had it's second extended nationwide outage of the week today. All their clients already hate them and having debit cards, online banking, and even in person branch tellers totally unable to process transactions or check balances for an entire thursday is gonna bring enough pain for people to finally make the effort to switch.

I think we might see an honest to god bank run once people start hitting their lunch hour / going home from work tomorrow.

Iirc they claimed their entire poo poo went offline because smoke was detected in one data center.

the gently caress kind of PR person thinks up that kind of explanation and says "ayup that's gonna win their trust back"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Saint Celestine posted:

This is literally the plot to the movie Training Day

Did Tuttle have a bunch of money buried in his kitchen?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

good lord that booker thing is just so loving saccharine

I get where he was going with it (the "infrastructure" was americans working together over great distances and at great risk to transport slaves into free states) but it's, like, "pokemon go to the polls" bad.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bored As gently caress posted:

I don't know who are worse, tankies or chuds

chuds are just plain creatures of unquenchable spite

give a tankie a ushanka and healthcare and he'll be right as rain

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Godholio posted:

Well the sugar thing is about destroying the engine. Turns out it mostly sits in the tank because it's so heavy, but small amounts will trickle through the pump/filter/lines and actually burns. You can even smell it. Water will sink below the gasoline, and obviously when it gets to the engine it won't burn. But aside from rust if it sits long enough, I don't think it would destroy anything. Caveat: I'm assuming the amount of water injected is not sufficient to cause hydro-lock, which WILL destroy things. But I think that takes a lot more water than a few shots from the fuel injectors or what gets fed through the carb prior to the engine stalling.

Sugar will probably end up too diffuse to gunk anything up.

What you want is bleach, which will cause everything to rust insanely fast including the tank and especially the fuel rails :ocelot:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bird food bathtub posted:

Their last thought as their entire country starves/burns/dehydrates to death will be, "We should keep having quarter pounders with cheese, Jesus is gonna be here any day now to fix it all up."

yeah it's almost like evangelicals lust for the apocalypse or something because their belief system is predicated on getting paid after dying

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

EBB posted:

Government shutting again on Friday?

drat right it is

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ded posted:

Do it proper and celebrate Lincoln and Washingtons birthday separately.

Celebrate Sherman's birthday (Feb 8) a little late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nEf2nuH_Xc&t=79s

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

Klobuchar is a cop, though not as coppy as Harris.

https://twitter.com/walterolson/status/1094794573568770048?s=19

I'm not sure if there will be a shutdown again because nobody has the appetite for it, not even the hard righties. They're absolutely stuck in negotiations (a final wall number and detention beds), but it's more trending to an emergency declaration and moving on.

Basically, Democrats know the leverage they have and are demanding a cap on detained illegal immigrants, hoping to force Trump into not detaining/deporting people for every goddamn little thing like he's been doing.

Idk about what the quality of life offenses are but prosecuting child support non-payment and drunk driving as felonies isn't going to make you many enemies, at least not a lot of compelling ones.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hobbesmaster posted:

Quality of life stuff is all the “broken windows” crap that doesn’t work and everyone should’ve known better by 1999-2007. Child support nonpayment being a felony that results in prison time is non productive because it removes any means to pay that child support.

Cracking down on drunk driving makes sense because Wisconsin is right next door and seemed to think that it’s about as bad as jaywalking

Oh I don't disagree about the child support - garnishments and diligent pursuit of unreported income, with state funding payments to the payee and collecting in arrears from the payer are way better. It's just that "people who don't pay child support" are not terribly compelling victims.

Broken window policing is basically a systemic war on civil rights, so she can gently caress right off unless it was limited to traffic stops for unsignaled lane changes and people staying in the passing lane.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m good with your second offense being a felony on DUI. You obviously can’t be trusted in society to not drive a giant death machine impaired.
As for the child support lol lock those fuckers up. My “father” never payed a dime and just started new families and worked under the table. My cousins “father” stopped working and became a drug dealer/pimp so he wouldn’t have to pay child support. Both were physically abusive assholes who managed to slip out of domestic abuse charges. Simple nonpayment and go to prison would be so much better to get rid of the true shitstains.

I mean in both cases the deadbeat fathers would be busted for various other crimes too, throwing them in prison for crimes with avoiding child support responsibility as an aggravating factor should be (is?) the norm, and assets seized/liquidated to fund payments. If the government can seize all Manafort's poo poo for tax crimes and FARA violations, they can do the same (maybe sans the FARA part of course) for deadbeat parents. Decoupling payments to the children from the payments from the parent is pretty important on that path though, because it takes "ability to pay" out of the question.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A Bad Poster posted:

How about the Government pays child support, and then they go after the parent to pay them back. It'd be like student loans, except it would gently caress with people's lives who deserve it.

There's a whole lot of goons just yelling this suggestion past each other and not seeing it being posted over and over :laffo:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

If they're earning unreported income to avoid paying child support that's tax evasion if not outright tax fraud and money laundering depending on how elaborate their scheme is. If they're earning it through other crimes like robbing banks and selling meth to teenagers that's more charges on the docket. You don't even have to throw people in prison for the sole fact that they're unable to pay child support, if they're otherwise able to pay but are taking unlawful action to avoid earning reportable income that can be garnished, it means they're already committing crimes that can put them in prison. The fact that they did it specifically to avoid supporting their own kid just makes them a bigger piece of poo poo on top of those other crimes.

I'm not sure what the holdup here is unless you're saying being a divorcee makes it harder to find a job in which case I would like to know what the hell kind of jobs they're looking at beyond church stuff or marrying into the British royalty.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

What the gently caress are y'all spending the weed money on?

You sure as poo poo ain't spending it on the roads.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I'm getting the impression there are a lot of people you feel superior to who you are OK with making miserable.

like an ex-wife and kid?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Godholio posted:

The sick part of me wanted another shutdown. This is probably better, though.

There's still a great chance ol pisser will veto it when someone calls him a brokedick on twitter

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Remember that last one trump vetoed?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hobbesmaster posted:

They're somehow anti-semitic but pro zionism

it's the same method they use with doing poo poo that pisses people off and then going "LOOK AT HOW MAD YOU ARE LOL"

except "how mad you are" in that case is another intifada, the end result of which still pleases the antisemites in the sticks.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

orange juche posted:

What the gently caress is a nonbinding vote good for? We know that it's gonna break along party lines, and Republicans have a majority in the Senate. I guess it's just ammo for Republicans to trot out and say SEE THE SENATE THINKS THE GREEN NEW DEAL IS BAD.

Then again that's exactly what Turtle is fishing for. I wonder how sad he will be when global warming makes it so he can't get lettuce.

He thinks the dems lack the courage of their convictions because he thinks the GND is toxic and they're afraid to vote for it.

Pelosi will probably jingle that one jar labeled "chuck" in her purse and get Schumer to have the Senate Dems actually read the fucker before getting buffaloed by the turtle.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DoktorLoken posted:

Ya, 4.8 is light beer territory. The beer I was drinking tonight was 11%.

Yeah 4.8% is like what you buy a suitcase of to take on a boat ride so you don't get the attention of the boat cops/forget about tides. My usual after-work beer is almost always in that 10-14% range where everything is dark and pours like syrup. There's some danish brewery that does these imperial porters blended with licorice and chile and they're so goddamn good.

E: To Øl is the brewery, beers are like "Smoke on the Porter" and something Confidential.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 13, 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Edgar posted:

Welcome to Utah y'all, where anything above 3.2% is at state owned liquor stores. A heavy tax included, a 1750 ml bottle of jim beam is 40 bucks.

:stonk: at least you've got some fantastic outdoor stuff to make up for it, and I imagine you can always duck over/down to CO or NV for proper hooch. Bet you'd easily make up the cost of gas with a few decent bottles of something like Pendleton, Booker's, Stranahan's, Templeton, Sazerac, etc.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Niton posted:

Still puts them decades ahead of big chunks of the south! Mormons aren't "good" by any means, but for day-to-day interaction?they're infinitely preferable to a big' ol swathe of America as it stands.

That and they've routinely published criticism from within the church of where there's still remnants of bigotry, which I think is largely down to chuds being assholes personally to black mormons and nobody calling them out on it in the congregation. They ain't the Jesuits spreading liberation theology by a long shot but they also ain't the Augusta National either.

Find me a senator willing to say Gaza has a right to defend itself.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bored As gently caress posted:

Why'd it get stuck? Don't even some of the most basic battle bots have ways to get them unstuck?

Though, thinking it through, most battle bots don't have millions of dollars of sensitive hardware on top of them.

Basic battle bots probably don't deal with dust that fine (apparently it's like talcum powder) nor do they sit around in deep subzero conditions at all times with no maintenance beyond software.

Opportunity's final odo reading was like 28 miles, or to put that in scale it would roughly be running the Boston Marathon and then taking a lap around the far end of Boston Common.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:siren:WARNING NUCLEAR HOT TAKE DETECTED:siren:

:allears: @ folks ITT expressing more concern about a broken machine on another planet than the millions of people literally starving to death on this one.

yet here you post on that particular tangent

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

most of the IBR/PAYE plans are capped at 10% of discretionary so I am assuming that worthless son of a bitch also slipped in a new calculation for discretionary income that makes it more like 40% of all income.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I always lol at the badass cat peeking out behind Brown's elbow

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yeah imagine if your landlord and your boss' boss' boss was the same person.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Reign Of Pain posted:

https://www.tampabay.com/business/a-tampa-man-reported-an-income-of-18497-the-irs-sent-him-a-refund-check-for-980000-20190213/

Florida man buys a Lexus with his $980k cashiers check he got from the IRS instead of going straight to Bolivia and double birding the US all the way there.

Had he said it was 919 million and carried it back over a decade or two it would have been pointedly ignored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/RobElgasABC7/st...ingawful.com%2F

Guess the people who said it might be staged were right

Edit: spoke too soon I guess

https://twitter.com/AJGuglielmi/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Lol hasn't that particular station/reporter run with bad info before?