Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Trump is a retard but holy gently caress a staunchly anti gun person who is ignorant about firearms saying that...

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Our overtime gets taxed at 46% or close to it. I have CHUDS in my office who say "dont work too much overtime in a pay period, you'll go up a tax bracket and it'll be taxed even more and it won't be worth it." That's not how brackets work. That's not how any of it works. At all. I've given up on trying to explain it.

Yet capital gains is still taxed at 15% and they're trying to repeal the loving estate tax. gently caress that poo poo.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's what I figured it was because I have no clue what the others are trying to sing

Spoonman dude. Come on.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

How many of those suicides are actually disguised cover-up murders?

I don't know, but with their operational tempo being what it has been for the last 18 years, I'm surprised the number is not higher. Though they generally do a decent job of weeding out the psychopaths (save for the SEALs, apparently), no one is immune to PTSD. It's a loving shame.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1091890761900179456

If you were wondering how abuela felt about the whole thing

Anyone that actually gives a poo poo about her opinion is a loving moron and a waste of loving space.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Well technically they're all accelerating their deaths by repeatedly hitting each other and knocking each other around, ruining their bodies and brains over time.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I hope all the owners die in their executive boxes.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Lmao that scientology commercial

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Reign Of Pain posted:

lol :foxnews: camera up Bernies rear end with the commie comments

Same for CNN

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

mlmp08 posted:

This is the Kushner/Ivanka part of the speech, so in addition to talking about anti-semitism, they have to revisit WWII all over again to mention concentration camps and liberating would-be holocaust victims.

It makes no sense chronologically, but it makes a lot of sense if this speech was hammered together by various writers based on ghostwriter rather than by topic or timeline.

That whole part was def Kushner, but Steve Miller must've wrote the whole other part. Considering the whole white supremacist bent to it.

Even as a speech looking at it apolitically, it was loving horrendous. Way too many metaphors or similes, way too many guests, way too many different topics. And a little sentence here or there about a random topic like throwing in stupidshit how about school choice or abortions was a really dumb decision.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

aoc on nbc now

Caught the last bit of it. She was good.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
It was painful to watch that piece of poo poo Kavanaugh walk in all smug with the other Justices.

gently caress that piece of poo poo. Hope he dies of liver failure.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foVJS7aVN4I

so Christie was supposed to be VP until Jared stepped in.

He thought he could improve and inform Trump lol

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Godholio posted:

If you're dumb enough to make a public claim like that before actually taking the loving test to see if gam-gams was right, you should not run for president.

Yes, clearly because of that fact she would be a bad president.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Besides being anti-gun, I have no reservations for Warren, and I'd eagerly volunteer for her. She's the only one that would actually put some regulations back on the big banks, and she'd fight rampant Wall Street gambling and white collar crime. She'd also fight to put bigger protections in the financial system into place, even more than Dodd-Frank did (which wasn't enough), which would hopefully prevent the next economic downturn/bubble burst from turning into another great depression. She's smart as all hell, and knows how horribly run our financial system is, and how vulnerable it is because the fucks running it don't give a poo poo about anything except accumulating more and more money for themselves.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
In her defense, Donald Trump did say that he would give a million dollars to charity if she took the DNA test. She took the DNA test, he failed to pay and basically said it wasn't a real test and that he had to administer the test himself in order for the deal to count, and failed to pay. I'm guessing her and her team were hoping the media would put his feet to the fire for failing to follow through on giving a million dollars to charity. Instead they focused on her doing the test, and people treated her like poo poo for it.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
How about he's not a racist because he reacted to a friend's horrible trauma by wanting to get revenge for her?

As someone whose (then) girlfriend was gangraped, I fully understand what he was trying to say, and I can sympathize with what he did. I wanted to go out and find the guys and kill them, and make them pay for what they did. He was overcome with grief for what happened to his friend, and wanted to get revenge. There are support groups specifically for friends, family, and spouses of rape survivors and also survivors of child sexual abuse. These groups are sometimes called "secondary survivors," because they, too, live with the aftermath of that trauma, and too often they neglect their own mental-health needs because they think what they are going through is nothing compared to what their friend or wife or girlfriend went through.

But it's hard to be a secondary survivor. Rape victims and sexual assault victims themselves often minimize their trauma because they feel that what they went through isnt as bad as what others went through - for instance, that "date rape" victims might not seek help, or report it, because "at least it wasnt a violent rape." I went through individual therapy and couples therapy with my ex, read all the books I could about it, and it was rough. She was also a victim of child sex abuse, and the PTSD was too much and she turned to drugs and booze, started stealing from me, we broke up, she kept on doing drugs and eventually ODed and died.

Look at any Secondary Survivor website and they all say one thing - the worst thing you can do is seek and act out revenge, because not only will your friend / wife / girlfriend be traumatized by her rape, she will also be losing a strong pillar of support because you're 99.99% likely gonna go to jail.

In the first interview where Liam Neeson talked about it, he even said how horrible a thing it was that he did. He said that he can understand characters in movies, or people in life, that seek out revenge for wrongs done to their family or loved ones, because of what happened 40 years ago. I think that was the gyst of what he was saying.

The second interview with Good Morning America, he talked about humanity's base instincts for violence, and how he made a horrible decision when he was younger by actively going out into black neighborhoods looking for a fight. He thought it could be a teachable moment. I just wish he and/or the media brought up more stuff about support for rape survivors and their loved ones. Wanting revenge is natural, but supporting your loved one afterward is the most important thing.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lmao what the gently caress

Was this a mistake / did he misspeak or does he actually think they built poo poo? It was a loving series of people and safe houses for gently caress sake.

How does an otherwise intelligent person believe they built poo poo? Maybe he recently saw Batman Begins and thought the Waynes built that elevator as an infrastructure project.

Michael Caine Voice: Ya know masta Wayne, they used this cave system to move slaves on tha undaground railroad

Why do we fall, Masta Wayne

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 9, 2019

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Yes yes I know he's well educated for fucks sake. I was having fun at his expense.

Also expect CHUDS to use it to ridicule him.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 9, 2019

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I don't know who are worse, tankies or chuds

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
They ever end the hiring freeze?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

gently caress no. gently caress no for Bloomberg too.

Shut the gently caress up you loving NYC idiots you have no chance.

Next up is Cuomo who had even less of a chance than De Blasio. Holy gently caress these people are loving delusional if they think they have a chance in hell.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Oh gently caress off

Not you, the tweeter.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Why'd it get stuck? Don't even some of the most basic battle bots have ways to get them unstuck?

Though, thinking it through, most battle bots don't have millions of dollars of sensitive hardware on top of them.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Standard GOP. Don't try to fix the actual problem, which is school prices skyrocketing for no reason, try to gently caress the people already hosed by the problem.

Got to love how the article states that there is $2 trillion in outstanding loans.

We just passed a 1.5 trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy and corporations, which did literally nothing for the economy. I guarantee that if we instantly forgave all student loans, all that money that everyone is paying monthly would instantly go into the economy. I'd be able to afford more things for sure. People would buy newer cars, for one. All that money would provide an instant boost to the economy.

But nah gently caress that.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Hopefully he gets dysentery.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Current Event: watch Letterkenny on Hulu. It's funny as gently caress.

If you dont, you're a loving degen.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
* ACCAB

All Crooked Cops Are Bastards

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Ok that's hilarious

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

mods changed my name posted:

and i'll never do benzos again

Could've been worse, you could've woken up in jail or the hospital, missing organs.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

The fact that people are so eager to latch onto an anonymous and (as yet) unconfirmed source saying the incident was faked is pretty hosed up.

This is always a thing. People latch on to whatever confirms they're already preconceived notions or biases. Whenever a school shooting happens, liberals call for gun control. They call for gun control even though the investigation hasn't even begun. Most of the time it turns out that the guy either had the guns legally and passed background checks, or, he had the guns illegally. Or, because of some gently caress ups by either the FBI /NICS, or because the local PD or Sheriff's Department or the state didn't send the required information to NICS, allowing the bastard to pass a background check. Or because a tip about the person being suspicious or dangerous wasn't followed up by PD.

Conservatives on the other hand latch onto any story that fits their view that Muslim terrorists are overtaking the country. Look at how they reacted when the San Bernardino terror attack happened. Complete overreactions, calls for Muslim bands, etc etc.

When people of color are hurt or killed in officer involved shootings, BLM and many in the left immediately come out condemning the police. Conservatives and MAGA chuds come out and say thinly veiled or not even veiled racist poo poo like "thug deserved it." All before the investigation has even begun, before body cam footage is out. Most of the time body cam footage shows it was a justified and legal use of deadly force. Liberals and BLM still say it's bullshit. Sometimes body cam footage and/or other evidence shows it was straight up murder. Conservatives are silent.

People are always biased and they will immediately cite anything that confirms their biases, even before all the facts are in, and often even after the facts are in.

People are lovely.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

Like what the gently caress are you even trying to say here? "HEH, those libs are so biased that they're mad about a dozen kids getting murdered by a legally owned gun."

Well the call for further gun control, specifically the call for universal background checks, when the person who committed the crime already passed (probably multiple) background checks and therefore already legally possessed the gun, is kind of dumb.

The call for gun control such as assault weapon bans, when the state in which the incident happened already has an AWB (San Bernadino, Sandy Hook), shows how laughably ignorant gun control activists are when it comes to existing gun laws.

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm gonna call bullshit on both of these statements, but also even if they aren't, they're still extremely hosed up things to be going on, regardless of legality.

Yeah, they are hosed up. Any use of force incident sucks, especially any deadly use of force incident. But when it's clear cut that the guy was an active threat to the officer or a third person, and the outcry happens and continues, and death threats and doxxing of the officer/s happen, that's loving bullshit.

The fact that there are clear cut cases where the use of deadly force was justified and the public outcry continues regardless, and that there are also cases where the DA or the state investigatory agency fail to charge or prosecute police wrongdoing / unnecessary use of deadly force, aren't mutually exclusive. They both loving happen.

This shouldn't be controversial to say.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

im all in on warren FYI

Same. She's the only one that's gonna rein in Wall Street.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

M_Gargantua posted:

NFL compatible means at least 8 TBI's right? We have been cutting back on those starting with the peewee leagues lately.

Honestly? Kaep getting the $60-80 million settlement (or whatever it was) and NOT having to play 4-10 years getting his head knocked around, suffering however many concussions and sub-concussion level hits over and over again is a pretty nice consolation prize. I know the dude wanted to play, and gently caress the NFL for blacklisting him, but he's gonna be away ahead of his peers in 30-40 years when it comes to brain function.

I used to love football, but after reading up on CTE and all that poo poo, it kind of took away from the fun of it. The concussion poo poo was bad enough, but CTE is a whole other ball game (no pun intended).

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Nz considering using Huawei gear after GCSB says gently caress no

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/110688957/ardern-no-final-huawei-5g-decision

China threw a huffy at us and we are gonna bow to them

Let me be the first to welcome you all to Southern Sea China

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA gently caress thats terrible.

Huawei is literally an arm of the Chinese intelligence agency and Trump gives no fucks either.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Let he who has not shat their pants, cast the first shart.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Godholio posted:

Myth. :(

The existing treatment options are basically painkillers and/or surgery.
gently caress man. That sucks. I know it might not help right now, but always remember - it could be worse. Could be something life threatening.

quote:

This might cause some issues with the whole "Five Eyes" intel/mil sharing thing.

Yeah I'm gonna have to agree. I can't see this going any other way than that.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Godholio posted:

The surgery does not involve any cutting. I'll let you figure the rest out from there.
:gonk:

gently caress

I thought they opened you up laproscopically, and picked em out like some bladder stones or gall stones. I just looked at surgery videos. Holy gently caress.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

He's a great author and all around cool dude. I don't know if he's a progressive, but he's extremely intelligent and well informed on all things terrorism, national security, and international relations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Nance

quote:

Intelligence consulting
In 2001, after retiring from the Navy, Nance founded Special Readiness Services International (SRSI), an intelligence support company. On the morning of 9/11, driving to Arlington he witnessed the crash of American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon.[1][8] He acted as a first responder at the helipad crash site where he helped organize the rescue and recovery of victims.[1][8] Subsequently, Nance served as an intelligence and security contractor in Iraq, Afghanistan, the UAE and North Africa.[17][18]

Between 2005 and 2007 Nance was a visiting lecturer on counterterrorism in Sydney, Australia at Macquarie University's Centre on Policing, Intelligence and Counter-terrorism (PICT) and at Victoria University of Wellington in Wellington, New Zealand.[19]

Nance now directs a think tank that he founded, the "Terror Asymmetrics Project on Strategy, Tactics and Radical Ideologies", which analyzes counterterrorism.[1][14] Nance is also a member of the advisory board of directors for the International Spy Museum in Washington, D.C.[8]

On August 20, 2016, Nance told MSNBC viewers that Green Party's presidential nominee Jill Stein "has a show on Russia Today."[20] Glenn Greenwald later wrote: "there is no disputing the fact that Nance’s statement was a falsehood, a fabrication, a lie. Stein did not have a show on RT, nor did she ever host a show on RT."[21] Nance also accused Greenwald of being "an agent of Moscow" and "deep in the Kremlin pocket." He also stated that Greenwald "helped Snowden defect" and "reports into [his] masters in Moscow." Greenwald accused Nance of lying.[21]

Writing
In 2007, Nance wrote an article criticizing waterboarding for the counterinsurgency blog Small Wars Journal titled "Waterboarding is Torture... period."[22][23] Nance wrote: "I know waterboarding is torture - because I did it myself." Nance claimed to have witnessed and supervised waterboarding of hundreds of people.[24] Republished in the Pentagon Early Bird, it set off a firestorm as the first credible description of the torture technique as used in SERE. The article strongly swayed the Pentagon against the use of the waterboard because its misuse would damage America's reputation worldwide. Nance claimed that using the torture techniques of America's former enemies dishonors the memory of U.S. service members who died in captivity through torture, and that torture does not produce credible intelligence.[15][16] Nance was called to testify before the U.S. Congress about the use of "enhanced interrogation techniques".[15][16] He told the House Judiciary Committee that: "Waterboarding is torture, period... I believe that we must reject the use of the waterboard for prisoners and captives and cleanse this stain from our national honor...water overpowering your gag reflex, and then feel(ing) your throat open and allow pint after pint of water to involuntarily fill your lungs."[15][16]

Nance's books on counter-terrorism and intelligence include: An End to al-Qaeda,[25] Terrorist Recognition Handbook,[26] The Terrorists of Iraq,[27] Defeating ISIS,[2][28] The Plot to Hack America,[3] and Hacking ISIS.[29] In 2018, he published The Plot to Destroy Democracy: How Putin and His Spies Are Undermining America and Dismantling the West.[30]

Dude rules.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

nullscan posted:

Well at least you can camouflage your house like the hippy in Children of Men.

that was Michael Caine dude

have some Strawberry Cough