Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

going hard for the horniest gamer 2019 prize I see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If I don't beat my saber, who will?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guys I already mentioned Fate

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who was January’s horny gamer of the month?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played an Atelier game last month, looking for horny, and found none. I must relinquish the crown

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bear this avatar proudly

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Currently on a big adventure with my friends Sora. Donald. And Goofy.

I've actually gotten to the point of cautious optimism on Anthem. I doubt I'll be playing it a month after release but games like that are a once a year or less occurrence these days.

The 7th Guest posted:

like i said in the previous thread, the final Etrian Odyssey comes out next week

the D in DRPG will change meaning to "dire" after EO is retired as a series

e: or 'dearth'. 'deserted'. 'drought'

Dang, I had no idea a new one was coming out. I liked 5 but I hope this one isn't quite so basic. 3 is still the best.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

victrix posted:

Goons Zircon and Madjack just had their dungeon crawler Tangledeep released on the Switch today!

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/tangledeep-switch

If you're not familiar, it's mountains of 16 bit rpg nostalgia melded with traditional roguelike gameplay and a really fantastic OST. It even has guest tracks from composers who worked on Secret of Mana, Donkey Kong and Metal Gear, which is pretty fuckawesome.

Yo let the thread know if this is good or not. I'm curious but I spent my money for games this month on Wargroove and DMCV.

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm sure this isn't true of everyone but I definitely wouldn't have cared if the games auto-mapped, it was basically just busy work.

There's just something about drawing dumb maps at like 2 in the morning that just works and I'm going to miss it. But no way that team doesn't make games on the switch.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Feb 1, 2019

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone that got banned during GDQ

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

They should'ave gone with an elaborate "Turn on your monitor" joke by making the monitor a mirror....

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Got into work to find out it's a snow day. Gonna play so many video games :dance:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

While I'm still working on Spider-Man and DE:Human Revolution's DLC, having a cranky baby has lead to a lot of phone time as she likes sleeping on my shoulder but not in her cot. Giving Langrisser a go and while the character designs are fuckin' gratuitous (why are there measurements in the female characters bios, why) it's a good little strategy rpg that doesn't gate poo poo behind recruiting fifteen friends a day or anything

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oh yeah and can't wait for Hitman PS+, hopefully should get some time with that this month

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

like i said in the previous thread, the final Etrian Odyssey comes out next week

the D in DRPG will change meaning to "dire" after EO is retired as a series

e: or 'dearth'. 'deserted'. 'drought'

They've literally said nexus is the last etrian odyssey 'on the 3ds,' always with that language

quote:

the very last brand-new title that will be on the 3DS.

quote:

Being the final instalment on 3DS, Etrian Odyssey Nexus is aiming to go all out

there's going to be more EO games.

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
Tom Clancy's Half Life 3

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The Steam forums continue to be a garbage fire, people are very mad about Sunless Skies having characters with deliberately unspecified genders.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gamers are trash

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad the new Metro isn't on Steam lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

cyka blyat

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is that sacre bleu in russia?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Why does ace combat 7 have so many negative reviews on steam, is it a bad port? Yesterday it was sitting at "mostly negative" and this morning it is sitting at "mixed"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

FirstAidKite posted:

Why does ace combat 7 have so many negative reviews on steam, is it a bad port? Yesterday it was sitting at "mostly negative" and this morning it is sitting at "mixed"

Flight sim nerds got mad at it for not having Hotas (2 part big nerd flight sticks) support.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Re: Etrian Odyssey games on the Switch. Splatoon 2 has already demonstrated that you can point/aim at the screen with a joycon so I don't see why you couldn't translate that feature to a DRPG. Like, have the map in the lower right but enlarge it with a button press and then use the joycon like a pointer to make adjustments. If you didn't want to play with lose joycons, you can implement map-making features with analogue sticks and buttons, too. It'd be a shame if EO died because the market went back to single-screen experiences.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't even know what games exist anymore I'm so used to just checking steam :(

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Infinitum posted:

If I don't beat my saber, who will?

our fathers taught us to never be ashamed of our sabers

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I won't beat your saber into the sea.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Samuringa posted:

our fathers taught us to never be ashamed of our sabers

Especially when they are such good size and all

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

FirstAidKite posted:

njsykora posted:

Flight sim nerds got mad at it for not having Hotas (2 part big nerd flight sticks) support.

Pwnstar posted:

The Steam forums continue to be a garbage fire

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People are 100% in the right to downvote shoddy-rear end PC ports imho. That's like, one of the most positive applications for review bombing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sure but if the issue is just that the arcade flying game doesn't support flight sim controllers then that doesn't really sound like an issue of being a shoddy pc port

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Allegedly it has a lot of other problems too, such as not going above 1080p resolution.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

Allegedly it has a lot of other problems too, such as not going above 1080p resolution.

That's not something you give the minimum score though

They're just being idiots

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So I'm playing this mosaic puzzle game on steam and I've noticed some of these puzzles are just straight up ripped pictures from other sources.

Morte from Planescape Torment

Popeye

I wonder what others were stolen and from where

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

That's not something you give the minimum score though

They're just being idiots

IMHO technical issues like "the game does not have basic joystick and native resolution support" are the things I'd probably most want to know as a consumer before I buy anything over "I didn't like the story" which is 100% arbitrary from person to person. If people wanna downvote that, I think it's a totally valid reason.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
That 5 minute trailer of Metro Exodus looks real loving good. Wish it had co-op, though.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The human eye can't even see above 1080p

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

exquisite tea posted:

IMHO technical issues like "the game does not have basic joystick and native resolution support" are the things I'd probably most want to know as a consumer before I buy anything over "I didn't like the story" which is 100% arbitrary from person to person. If people wanna downvote that, I think it's a totally valid reason.

HOTAS isn't basic joystick support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Guess I bought this ATP simulator cockpit for loving nothing.