Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

i'd say too old to be playing videogames starts around 23

Days old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look i know you cant support the weight of your own head with your neck but youve only got one more day to enjoy VR gaming before youre too old for it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

isn't monster hunter only a couple of steps removed from an Dark Souls or an Devil May Cry? you're probably more accustomed to it than you think

Its a few steps from devil may cry in the sense that spray painting the side of a house is a few steps away from painting A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grand Jatte

Barudak
May 7, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Fighting games are fun but most matches are over too quick to really put the good existential dread into you the same way that RTSes do.

Thats why 5v5 fighters need to come into existence.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

i'd rather play beat em ups than fighting games and my brother would rather play fighting games than beat em ups, it's an odd situation.

Good news, many games like Golden Axe and Streets of Rage have special modes allowing both of you to be unhappy at the same time

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Guilty Gear Dust Strikers was also very not good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

isn't isuka the one they tried to make into a 4 player fighting game kind of like smash bros

It and Dust Strikers, yes.

Isuka is notable because there is a button dedicated to "turn around" because they didnt think it through at all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hrm guys our fastpaced fighting game requires a dedicated button to turn around because it is intrinsically incompatable with being a four player fighting game without serious changes, instead of thinking about what this means lets make it so you can also jump between a foreground and a background layer.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kingdom of Keflings and World of Keflings are both backwards compatible if you havent played them yet, people who just like building bases in RTS games

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just make Titanfall the drat game it already was in the first place, a fast paced 6v6 FPS MOBA instead of shoehorning other game modes that dont work as well.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does this mean 2B will now be in Kingdom Hearts III.314

Also someone mentioned Spirits Within and not a tasty plasma?

Final Fantasy no longer crosses over with Kingdom Hearts, so at best you might get a pod

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In Training posted:

I like pilots only.

Good news, apparently the new game has no titans and no wall running which frankly begs a lot of questions

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Titanfall 2's singleplayer gets talked about all the time because Titanfall 2's multiplayer is a huge step back from the first and not balanced.

God I miss Titanfall 1s multiplayer.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

what's the next trend

Competitive gatcha opening

Barudak
May 7, 2007

al-azad posted:

Battle Royals: Tycoon you're the rich sponsor air dropping equipment to your fighter but you never directly influence the actual combat.

I dont understand why their isnt a twitch mode where spending money drops things into other peoples game environment that youre watching.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In Training posted:

I largely played Pilot V Pilot bc the mechs are boring.

Maybe in Pilot v Pilot Titanfall 2 is better but in the full modes as mentioned rodeoing is a waste, forced loadouts result in just not using large swaths of the games stuff, poor weapon balancing compounding that issue, and the new maps arent anywhere as tightly designed as the first games maps.

pilot v pilot is still probably better in Titanfall 1 due to the above, actually.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RTWP is poo poo, was poo poo, and will forever be poo poo. Its what Game Designer Moreau would come up with.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I disagree, I hope everyone involved with Prager U fails and loses their jobs even if I know Adam Corolla and their Billionaire backer will be insulated from its failures i will dream.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

precision posted:

I had no idea Slay the Spire was doing very well, that's a cool surprise. It's fun as heck.

Now where's my Switch Pokemon TCG with a single player campaign. The game boy ones were surprisingly fun

I would pay good drat money for this but sadly Im sure the online CCG has eaten this market

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bravely Default does not pull anything that bad in its second half but it is a game where at a certain point the game assumes youve mastered whats available to you and broken it as hard as you can because it is too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Heads up, while Torna is a prequel its basically cut story content that would have gone in the game at around the 60% mark and as such will make playing the main game story a little weird since the story assumes you dont know these characters or their relationships.

It also is better in every single way from QoL to combat so theres no good reason to ever fire up Xenoblade 2 afterwards.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

honestly that sounds like a reason to just not buy xenoblade 2 then and only play torna

It is exactly what i recommend.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

What are cases of a big publisher buying a developer and the developer makes better games.

Bungie and Naughty Dog off the top of my head

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

monster prom has an expansion coming out my friend wants everyone to get so there’s that

I did not get invited ti Monster Prom, can I still get the afterparty dlc?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ive no idea what that game is but no longer pretending to be interested

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sorry but like my good gamerbro Bob Marley always says, "No wall-run, no buy"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

sen's fortress is loving awful and people who say dark souls is good are all liars

I dont like Sen's Fortress very much because of the hidden bonfire but Dark Souls is real loving good and its sequels and prequels arent as solid.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I went to a Goldeneye 007 party tonight (or “party”) but gently caress it was really fun, would recommend

This sounds ludicrously filthy and I dare not even ask you what an "Oddjob" is

Barudak
May 7, 2007

James Woods Fan posted:

hey so what the gently caress is with the Far Cry devs and hallucinogens?

They want to do fantasy elements but are too cowardly to make Far Cry: Fantasy so this is their comprimise

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I can't wait for Battle Royale Battle Royale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzdc-0Q45wM

Isnt that just actual highschool?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Phantasium posted:

they get better, right? i thought somebody said that but i might be comfortable writing off the rest of the original games at this point.

sen's fortress is the best level from dark souls 1.

Who told you that? They get worse until the upgraded versions of the first few games then they get bad again then they get good in the reboot for one game then bad again.

Basically if the tomb raider you are playing isnt the first or second in its respective line its probably garbage.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Phantasium posted:

so far better than 2 describes 1 so i'll still try it at some point.

as long as it's not a buggy mess, anyway

If memory serves they wont get terribly buggy again until chronicles and then it becomes catastrophically buggy in Angel of Darkness

Barudak
May 7, 2007

haveblue posted:

Wasn't there a tie-in game for Tron Legacy that people liked a lot?

Tron 2.0: Killer App was quite well liked but has no relation to Tron Legacy as that came out in 2010 and Tron 2.0 came out in 2003. Ok, well I guess the story has some relation because they're both based on the same rough idea that was probably percolating in different forms for years at Disney.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tron Arcade is also... interesting and who remembers the mod for Half-Life called Ricochet that was just Tron disc combat but not copyright infringing that valve pushed the poo poo out of until everyone played Counter-Strike.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm disgusted no one posted the correct answer to this question though which is Dance Dance Revolution: Disney Mix* which features everything Disney is known for; pulse pounding club beats, dancing, and Mickey Mouse loving attacking the turntable.

*Also known as Dancing Stage featuring Disney's Rave which is a loving amazing name I can't believe Disney approved

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In Training posted:

So how did wargroove turn out?

Do you want a game that is almost an Advanced War but has little issues here and there, especially in campaign design, that hold it back from greatness?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Roth posted:

Traded in my PS4 for a Pro today and I am very excited to have a somewhat noticeable difference on some games.

Did you get a post RDR2 pro? Apparently those are quieter which is good because why the hell is the PS4 so drat loud.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont mind automation but FF12 never has the depth or complexity to actually make it fun.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its honestly really a better idea for a puzzle game where each encounter is a puzzle you build gambits to handle and then have no input

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I used to get a solid 18FPS in Red Faction and I still love that game.

I do not like 18 FPS