Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Goons Zircon and Madjack just had their dungeon crawler Tangledeep released on the Switch today!

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/tangledeep-switch

If you're not familiar, it's mountains of 16 bit rpg nostalgia melded with traditional roguelike gameplay and a really fantastic OST. It even has guest tracks from composers who worked on Secret of Mana, Donkey Kong and Metal Gear, which is pretty fuckawesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

think more dynasty warriors with giant ants and assault rifles completely loving ludicrous weaponry

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

The real question I want answered tonight is: Tangledeep or Wargroove (both for Switch)?? I am paralyzed indecision.

Tangledeep if you want 16 bit nostalgia roguelike action with the bestest console controls and amazing music

Or Wargroove if you want fantasy advance wars

So both obviously (I mean they scratch pretty different itches)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I lack the ability to be outraged by NoTitansNoFallingOnlyBR because it was so inevitable and obvious once EA was onboard

We got TF out of the deal, and the Respawn guys gave me three of my favorite FPS games of all time I can't be too mad

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

I tried some Apex Legends and it actually seems pretty alright, at the very least they seem to have put more thought into their take than 'get that fortnite money!!' A lot of my friends are primarily/only shooter players so I end up playing a lot of BRs just to hang out with them, and hopefully they take to this one instead of Ring of Elysium or just more PUBG.

I'm thinking BRs have killed multiplayer fps games I enjoy in the same way DOTA clones killed rts games

rip me

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

MGSV's use of everything is fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYM-vPKyxfA

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Trains are the opposite

They make almost any game more awesome

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Not playing this game is one of my biggest failings but I always thought the name "Ashley Riot" was awesome
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1094672211216982017

Plays real good emulated

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Dungeon Crawl, a game most people have never heard of nor will ever care about

It was a community developed game but the devs currently running it keep doing poo poo I hate and actively spite me when I try to talk to them so I don't even wanna touch it anymore. It feels weird and sad to play a game when you know the people making it would rather you didn't play it, or played it while saying nothing to them.

Gooncrawl?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

What did you like about 2 that you didn’t like about 1

Nooooo don't take the bait nooooo

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

a kitten posted:

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

:stonk:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

axelblaze posted:

How's everyone doing this evening? What is everyone up to?

I'm kind of annoyed that right after I got back into Overwatch, Activision/Blizzard did the whole lay offs in the face of record profits thing.

...Still playing it and man I love playing Moira but I think I'm done spending money on the game.

Where's my loving Diablo 4. gently caress.

At least we get Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods soon.

I'm going to do some far cry new dawn coop with a friend. Saw blades!

Otherwise debating if I should pick up civ 6s newest expac or not, I adore civ but...

6 left me cold, I'm souring on the tbs genre due to universally poo poo AI, and aow: planetfall comes out in a few months (yes I realize the contradiction between the second and third points :v:)

otoh, it may let me turn the planet into a storm wracked drowning hell hole, so that sounds kind of fun

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

apropos of nothing i just remembered they announced they’re still working on stalker 2 last year but i don’t remember who they are

I dimly recall reading some really weird news about the Stalker devs some years ago, but I can't remember what it was exactly

I guess there's Metro Exodus if I want to scratch that itch

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Silent Hill 1 is still the only video game I would call legitimately scary. SH2 is an overall better game and is certainly atmospheric and haunting, but there were things in SH1 that made my skin crawl in a way no other video game has accomplished.

Subnautica is the most horror horror game :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

the new call of duty 67 slow rolled loot boxes into the game

best part is you could earn them before this update, now they can only be purchased

(the "loot" in this game is beyond trash tier, but it's still hilarious)