Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

he's still not wearing pants, but now he has a massive realistic penis with soft body physics

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
battle royales aRE BAD

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Metal Saga on PS2 owns and lol if you disagree.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Walking sims sucks and are boring

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Barudak posted:

After how little I enjoyed MGSV I won't be finding out until its on deep discount. Or possibly ever.

You'd think you'd love it's lack of cutscenes and story given you actively skip cutcscenes and story in games that do have a lot of them

bushisms.txt posted:

Walking simulators are bullshit, only a fool would pay money when you can walk around your room for free.

:yeah:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

CrRoMa posted:

Journey was cool and i loved it being beatable easily in one sitting, i had a fun time with Abzu although its more a swimming simulator and similarly didn't overstay its welcome, outside that the term waking simulator makes my eyes glaze over

Those at least had something interesting to look at and pretty aesthetics, most of them are boring doodoo and would be better off made in something like Twine for the lame stories they try to tell

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Everything made by Tale of Tales and most of the stuff mad by The Chinese Room is boring tripe

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
The best open world game is Witcher 3 but MGSV was very good yes

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Is APex Legends worth playing solo

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

it's me, the person who played the savage games, including the most recent one that had players for like two weeks

Savage 1 ruled

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I want to live in a world where Dizzy became the most recognized mascot platformer instead of Mario

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

it did, and I will foolishly probably try any FPS/RTS hybrid anyone ever makes.

Related but I also really liked Warhawk, but those always seemed to have pretty decent playerbases.

Warhawk ruled too, I wish they'd done a PC entry to the series

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Verranicus posted:

Is APex Legends worth playing solo

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I've discovered that I can't hit poo poo in Apex Legends because I have the reflexes of an 80 year old man

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Ciaphas posted:

:same: but i'm havin a fuckin ball anyway

My second match some dude was trying his hardest to corral me and the other newbie and being real cool amd I ended up disconnecting and not being able to get back into the game. I felt so bad. I wanted to friend him and apologize but I guess you can't view people you've played with before ala Overwatch?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Pigbuster posted:

The problem with MGSV wasn't the environment traversal, it was the god drat helicopters.

Video games have made me never want to see a helicopter again. I boo whenever a game brings out the ol' lovely copter.

Uh, changing the music that played when my chopper came in to the Airwolf theme was the best part of that game actually

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Roth posted:

Hello my guys and gals, should I spend my night playing FF14 or RE2?

ff14

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
After playing some more Apex Legends I'm starting to like it which is very surprising to me. I still suck, but chatting with people and actually getting a few kills in fights where I wasn't instagibbed by a sniper or grenade I didn't see felt pretty good. Gonna see if I can get the wife to play with me tomorrow.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Macaluso posted:

In Apex Legends, if the game crashes, there's no option to reconnect :thumbsup:

Yeah I discovered this and was very annoyed, you can't even look at people you've been grouped with previously to friend them and play together again, and a game you get disconnected from doesn't even exist as far as your stats go

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

chumbler posted:

Kingdom Hearts 3 is good, though.

Fans of the series I know seem to think it's mediocre to disappointing

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

I dunno, whichever 3DS entry added mounting had basically every single person use their mounting auto message to make "jokes" which were generally just date rape jokes

highest quality roegadyn rear

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

My character is a femroe so this feels like a callout

More that you should lighten up because it's fun to make lewd phrases out of auto-translate and similar features but thats just me

EDIT: Unrelated but I got my first win in Apex Legends just now. Someone disconnected from our squad immediately and this other dude loving carried us to a hard fought win and we were both freaking out in voice chat. I had fun.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

LawfulWaffle posted:

THere's that movie that RDR2 is based on.

mortal kombat annihilation

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

al-azad posted:

Sports anime is 10% technical talk, 90% gay melodrama so it's the best anime really.

eyeshield 21 wasnt gay

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Getting a win in Apex Legends is awesome even if you get carried by people way better than you.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

nic3e

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

precision posted:

Now that Apex is more popular than Christianity, one hopes cooler heads prevail and they tune the pricing. $18 for a character skin is a real steep ask.

Don't buy stuff in F2P games you idiot

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Showing off that you're a sucker.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
pirate everything

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Taintrunner posted:

Aliens colonial marines may yet be the worst game I’ve ever played. The story is actually infuriating and insulting to anyone who is an Alien fan

Do tell, I've never played but have heard nothing but bad things and I love Alien

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Internet Kraken posted:

I like how in Astral Blade the boy has full clothing but the girl has random tactical shorts.

Good design!

yes

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
FE4 is the only one that captures the feeling of army vs. army combat and I like it a lot.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

FZeroRacer posted:

counterpoint: SWERY is a national treasure and deserves to be protected

shame he makes such bad games

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I like anime titties.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Apex Legends and FFXIV are both very good games

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Why do people like Terry Crews?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
tetris is boring

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

precision posted:

The anthem thread is breaking my brain, i've never seen so many goons unable to comprehend that people like the game

it's not very good

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Elder Scrolls Online sure has a lot of content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I didn't think I could hate an Ace Combat game until I played Joint Assault.