Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Taintrunner posted:

My wife is a huge Disney fan and I almost tried to get her into Kingdom Hearts and then I realized all of this insane final fantasy digital data crap basically steals the spotlight and decided it wasn't worth it
Ironically the FF part has shrunk to nothing and the whole digital data stuff was enabled by including Tron in KH2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Electric Phantasm posted:

What about an anime about the best sport, esports?

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Andrast posted:

More shonen needs do it like Dragon ball and have the main character get married and have kids (and grandkids!)

Jojo works too
Goku got married on a misunderstanding, spent most of his time away from his wife and was the shittiest dad ever. Like, the only good part of his parenting is that he left the task of raising his son to Piccolo and that wasn't planned anyway.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Internet Kraken posted:

I like how in Astral Blade the boy has full clothing but the girl has random tactical shorts.

Good design!

That's completely in line with the toku shows that games seems to emulate.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Really Pants posted:

What are some good videogame romances? There have to be at least a handful by now.
Sora/Kairi in KH1 is a really cute one. Pity they derailed it in KH2.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Gotta admire that well-placed title logo to hide mermaid bits from innocent console gamer eyes.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jay Rust posted:

What was the first AAA game to feature titties, anime or polygonal? Earliest I remember was God of War 1
Sorta depends on what time period we include and what qualified as AAA before the term came into common use. Was Giants: Citizen Kabuto AAA? Before that, Nomad Soul had them and definitely was a super high profile game for its time. Even before that, Daggerfall had them. In general, before console (and american) censorship levels standardized across all platforms and markets it wasn't as hard to find as you might think.

Chev fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 16, 2019

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Help Im Alive posted:

Do you think they'll ever do a Persona with adults or are we stuck in Japanese high school forever
Being in a high school setting is what characterizes the Persona series.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

chumbler posted:

You would think at some point there would be a game targeting the modern purposeless and disaffected 20s-30s adult market.
That'd be Catherine.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Viewtiful Jew posted:

What was the first "Whoa we're just normal people but now we're in a fantasy setting!" piece of media y'all consumed?
Quite possibly the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Barudak posted:

Where is my "Hard to be a God" video game adaptation janky eastern european studios???
It was made in 2007. It's on Steam.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cowcaster posted:

a disney game with singing in it? how entirely unexpected

To be fair it's only happened in one prior game in the whole KH saga, and that was the Atlantica segment in KH2 which most people probably want to erase from their memory.

Which is a pity really because sung boss fights against the forces of evil and black coats could have been very fun.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Monkey Fracas posted:

If that's what it takes just waifu up AW

I have no idea how you would pull that off

It's called Gadget Trial and it was made 13 years ago. The basic idea is the tanks and planes are waifus.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Everyone knows Anthem is the fake name of the real villain of the game, Gthehanort.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ariong posted:

As far as Spelunky is concerned, you unlock shortcuts to each floor and that’s about it. The game is what it is, so if you don’t like it by now then nothing that happens further in will change your mind.
It goes even further than that, the "advantages" you unlock are not advantages but training wheels to help you get familiarized with later areas, but they actually not only make you weaker (since you can't accrue powerups from earlier floors if you use the shortcuts), they also cut you off from secret levels since using a shortcut means you'll skip the first item you need to unlock them. In dead cells the game's been designed so you need permanent advantages, while in Spelunky it's designed so the advantages are just a short term thing you'll eventually want to drop.

Chev fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Feb 25, 2019

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Five guys at Freddy's

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
In french it has a chameleon-based name and it does display invisibility powers so who knows, really.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Half of the character designer. They're brothers, but only one of them is the LWA guy (also main mecha designer fur Gurren Lagann and present on a bunch of other trigger stuff). But also yeah, he's a massive westaboo, even had an alt deviantart account to draw MLP stuff.

His bro is an animator specializing in "weird" anims. Made in Abyss monsters, the moving statue in LWA, stuff like that.

cheetah7071 posted:

now I wanna know what Him looks like in this art style
He looks disappointing, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That has me thinking, in the English-language Kingdom Hearts when you get norted your name is an anagram plus an X. How did they do it in the original Japanese
It's based on the western spelling in japanese too. That's why one of the scenes added in final mix literally shows the roman characters being rearranged from Sora to Roxas, so it would be clearer to japanese players.