Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Infinitum posted:

If I don't beat my saber, who will?

our fathers taught us to never be ashamed of our sabers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
The human eye can't even see above 1080p

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
There are some legitimately aged people in these forums, 50 and above, but goons honestly believe that they reached their mid20s and got bad at videogames. You're not old, you just can't keep up anymore because you don't play 12 hours a day and have to work and take care of yourself/your family.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

For me the "Oldster" bar is currently set at "Do you relate to Kratos or Joel or some other middle-aged self-insert"

I know you picked this from the top of your head but you seriously could not have chosen worst examples for middle-aged people to relate to

I do relate to NuGoW Kratos but that's not a good thing.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Sakurazuka posted:

I only like the base building part of RTS' so I haven't played one for years.

Same, which is why I'm getting into city builders like Tropico and Anno lately

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Sending a dog to fight against skeleton warriors is some top tier strategy

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

lets hang out posted:

It's that dog

Finally, the one origin story that matters

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Vigilante 8 was already sort of a BR, as much as the hardware of the time allowed.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
VideoGames is moving, it'll be a while until he's available again.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Honestly, this is the high point of the sale

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
There's going to be a sad opening to a slowed down popular song with the gruff soldier saying "That they when they attacked, when the earth shook...it was like a titan's fall"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Looking around the Twitch homepage, a random Fortnite stream has 30k viewers, so that's not very reassuring

Also, Twitch now thinks that Donkey Kong 64 is my favorite game and keeps recommending people streaming it, so thanks, hbomberguy.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
EA is really going to the bat on how many concepts they can ruin, aren't they

Having a cool ironman suit and shooting aliens: Nope

Being a supersoldier jumping and wallrunning around then summoning a mech to fight with you: Gone

A space opera where you discover new civilizations and make the first contact with them: lmao

Star Wars: They didn't even have to try

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

frajaq posted:

Are any of the characters actually attractive

Didn't you see that charismatic smiley robot up there?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

frajaq posted:

watching xQc play this and Apex doesn't look THAT bad honestly

So we're at Stage 1 now

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Cowcaster posted:

i dunno man, how many triple a minecraft clones do you remember these days

Dragon Quest Builders, I guess. Its at least AA.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

PantsBandit posted:

I for one am glad Respawn gets to try to make something new.

How about instead of crying that it's not Titanfall 3, we give the good developer the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best?

I will be trying it out soon.

This is a kidney stone that the devs were forced to pass

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Help Im Alive posted:

I wonder if Nintendo will ever get in on the BR thing or if they're ok just having Fortnite and all the other ones on Switch

Super Royale Bros.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Cowcaster posted:

well i pulled the trigger on nioh, now i'm off to grab a beer while it installed as the weather graces us with temperatures above 50 degrees

I've actually begun a new playthrough today on the Ps4 after quitting on the second stage a while ago. Make sure that as soon as you're done with the tutorial you buy the Skill that knocks down foes with 0 stamina with a strong attack.

Also, you're ridiculously fragile, defend a lot and never attack someone that is defending unless you have a big rear end Axe.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

What game should I play on Valentine’s Day

Hate Plus

bake the cake, take the picture

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
You kill enemies, they drop loot. Sometimes you can summon a named enemy that will drop loot with better color.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Boogerman redone with a Wolfenstein writing. The protagonist who is sick of fighting, the world that isn't anything like he remembers and if he can even do something to change it back, all played extremely seriously.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Looper posted:

oh gently caress tron 3 is gonna be a kh tie-in

KH2 already had a Tron world tho

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I turn off Motion Blur in all games I play because I'm a animal who eats from the loving ground

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

an actual dog posted:

Team Fortress 2 Comes Back After Faking Own Death in 2015

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I've been really enjoying Hitman, which I always thought would be a hard pass for me because of all the people talking about the intricacies of every map and the hidden stuff you can find and I just don't have the patience anymore to keep wandering around hoping I find the perfect situation to neutralize my target. But it actually has a "filthy casual" mode where they give you pointers when you select a storyline and you can look in the Challenges menu if you want to sauce it up.

I've only completed all the storylines of the Final Exam so far but it was fantastic.

I'm playing it through Hitman 2 too, which I don't know how it affects any of those things.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Phantasium posted:

Breath of Fire is their fourth worst selling franchise, tied with Final Fight, and only selling more than Commando, 1942, and Okami.

Curse this rotten world

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Wasn't someone talking about cheap Nioh some pages ago?

Not_Log posted:

Daily Deals

GMG Nioh Complete $20

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

Does anyone know what games seven-year-olds play these days? It’s my nephew’s birthday soon, I’d love to get him something cool on Switch

Minecraft is the obvious choice, it's what I gave my 8-year-old cousin on X-mas.

Although he probably already has it at this point?

Are there LEGO games on the Switch? Undercover or Marvel Heroes would be great.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

Video game discussion is weirdly attached to the business decisions of multinational corporations

I've found myself several times reading the earnings and reports of developing companies to see what games they plan on focusing next :(

Rarity posted:

Oh man, THAT'S how the Half-Life series ends? I figured it would be 'the world is doomed' but somehow this is so much worse. Goddam :smith:

So Half-Life 3 is going to be announced soon, right?

Just gonna say this quest you went through was adorable, it reminded me of simpler days.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
What other MMOs aside from FFXIV and WoW even use subscriptions? Not that I know any other MMOs that are still functional in 2019, but I wonder.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Okay, but mandatory subscriptions, as in Pay or Don't Play.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
She does in my fanfic

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
that's a lot of things

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
MGSV barely had any cutscenes

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Andrast posted:

They are usually more like running or jogging simulators

You can only run for 10 seconds before resting tho

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The question wasn't ever if Anthem was going to bomb, just how much it would bomb

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's rough being goty in january because everyone forgets you exist by like july

MHW did it pretty well

Relax Or DIE posted:

So thread question for this morning: for those that feel this way, why do you enjoy multiplayer less/not at all if you once did? I know this thread/forum trends older, so is it just age? Has multiplayer gaming changed in a way you don't enjoy?

I never liked PvP or competing, even if it was just a fighting game. I enjoy supporting people, so I tank or heal in games where that is available but it gets tiring after a while because those classes always have a shorter pool than the "kill poo poo" classes.

And I have no friends.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

corn in the bible posted:

I think it's sweet they found two dogs that love eachother that much

the dogs were also bred to not have the capacity of feeling joy so their tails would never wag and ruin the scenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Nate RFB posted:

There's something...off about the game in general

I liked this because it really felt like an alien world, not just "Earth but with some funny monsters"

It gets downright bleak and then it just keeps going.