Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Your Taint posted:

I'm leaning toward starting a Goon keeper league as well. If I do it I'd be happy to invite you.

Yes I would love to join a new keeper league!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Probably a dumb question but Altuve worth keeping forgoing a 1st round pick?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
He's #11 on Yahoo. He'd probably be the first player taken if you don't keep him.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Depends who you might be able to get and how late the pick would be. Altuve slipped to late first early second

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

BSOHL alert

quote:

It has picked up again this offseason and carried into the spring, but this time it’s for all the right reasons as a noticeably slimmed-down Sano arrived at Twins camp Sunday.

The “new Miguel Sano,” as he referred to himself, might have to wait a bit longer to join his teammates in all spring activities after suffering a cut on his right heel while in the Dominican Republic, but he drew rave reviews for his conditioning.

“We’re going to basically get it looked at first, then make a determination as far as timetable and see where he’s at,” manager Rocco Baldelli said. “Otherwise, besides that, he looks great. He looks as good or better as we ever could have hoped coming into camp.”

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I didn't want to be the one to say it first but the Twins basically put him on a diet this offseason and he had to check in with them every week or two from their Dominican facility to show that he was staying on track.

I heard on the radio that Buxton put on a bunch of muscle as well.

I still would be careful about drafting them, though a healthy Sano that isn't a fat gently caress is certainly an interesting idea.

the_american_dream posted:

Probably a dumb question but Altuve worth keeping forgoing a 1st round pick?

Depends on where your pick is and what the other options are.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

In dynasty leagues I’m drafting Kirilloff late for when when BSOHL Buxton still can’t hit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah I'm not really interested in Buxton except as maybe a really late round flier.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Both Buxton and Sano are on the wire in my first league, so I decided to take a flier on Sano.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

The same guy in one of my leagues auto drafted both Sano and Buxton. It's going to either go really well or really badly.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I started a keeper league. Yahoo H2H, standard draft, 12 teams. 7x7 scoring (standard 5x5 categories plus OBP, SLG, K/BB and OBPA). Draft time scheduled for 1:30 pm central time on March 17th. You will be able to keep four players on your roster to carry over to next year.

PM me if interested, or if you don't have PM's post your email here and I'll send you an invite.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/02/carlos-martinez-shut-down-for-2-weeks.html

All Pitching Is Bad

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Your Taint posted:

I started a keeper league. Yahoo H2H, standard draft, 12 teams. 7x7 scoring (standard 5x5 categories plus OBP, SLG, K/BB and OBPA). Draft time scheduled for 1:30 pm central time on March 17th. You will be able to keep four players on your roster to carry over to next year.

PM me if interested, or if you don't have PM's post your email here and I'll send you an invite.

PMed. :cheers:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1097917484529827841

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Your Taint posted:

9 spots left.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Drafted my first team of the season yesterday, here it is:

12 team H2H 5x5 yahoo

I don't usually let my Cardinals bias show so much.

Someone just offered me Freddie Freeman and Jack Flaherty for my Soto/Freeland/Tatis.

I should take that, yeah?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Redraft? Definitely

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Yes, if you can get a decent backup OF off waivers.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

resident posted:

Yes, if you can get a decent backup OF off waivers.

I'm probably gonna try to flip Freeman for an OF. As it stands here is my roster with the trade:

C: Yadi
1B: Goldy
2B: Jose Ramirez
3B: Donaldson
SS: Mondesi
OF: Ozuna
OF: Merrifield
OF: Piscotty
UTIL: Freeman
UTIL: Braun
BN: Sano, free spot

SP: Flaherty, Folty, Mikolas, Martinez, Reyes, Gray, Ryu
RP: Davis, Hicks, Strop, Brasier

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 21, 2019

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

I'm probably gonna try to flip Freeman for an OF. As it stands here is my roster with the trade:

C: Yadi
1B: Goldy
2B: Jose Ramirez
3B: Donaldson
SS: Mondesi
OF: Ozuna
OF: Merrifield
OF: Piscotty
UTIL: Freeman
UTIL: Braun
BN: Sano, free spot

SP: Flaherty, Folty, Mikolas, Martinez, Reyes, Gray, Ryu
RP: Davis, Hicks, Strop, Brasier

If you’re gonna move Freeman I’d rather target an SP. Still that trade is great for you though.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Down to 7 spots left. Not everyone at once now! lol

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Your Taint posted:

I may have a buddy who would like to join, he's not a goon though.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Let's be honest, anyone who plays fantasy baseball could be described as a goon

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

If he's interested, PM me his email.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Your Taint posted:

Is there an entry fee?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Your Taint posted:

If he's interested, PM me his email.

PMed you his info.

And no, coronaball. no fee.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

coronaball posted:

Is there an entry fee?

Nope. No fee, no prizes. Just free and for fun.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Just drafted team #3.

12 team h2h 5x5

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I had someone drop in my non-keeper h2h goon league. Standard 5x5 categories with OBP, SLG, K/BB, and OBP against added. PM me or post your email in this thread. Draft is on March 9th at 2 pm central time.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Give Alex Reyes, get Jose Quintana? Yes? No?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Give Alex Reyes, get Jose Quintana? Yes? No?

I wouldn't in a shallow league or a keeper/dynasty format.

Super deep redraft or NL-Only, sure.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Just traded Arenado for Acuna in a league I drafted tonight, which gives me:

C Grandal
1B Braun
2B Mondesi
3B Vlad jr.
SS Story
OF Acuña
OF Soto
OF Puig
UTIL Donaldson
UTIL Eloy Jimenez
BN Robles, Tatis jr., Voit

SP Flaherty, Folty, Mikolas, Quintana, Freeland, Josh James, Chacin
RP Strop, Alvarado, Hicks

Not crazy about Braun at 1B, but other than that I feel pretty good about it I think. Pitching could use a little help. Gonna try to trade Robles.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Just traded Arenado for Acuna in a league I drafted tonight, which gives me:

C Grandal
1B Braun
2B Mondesi
3B Vlad jr.
SS Story
OF Acuña
OF Soto
OF Puig
UTIL Donaldson
UTIL Eloy Jimenez
BN Robles, Tatis jr., Voit

SP Flaherty, Folty, Mikolas, Quintana, Freeland, Josh James, Chacin
RP Strop, Alvarado, Hicks

Not crazy about Braun at 1B, but other than that I feel pretty good about it I think. Pitching could use a little help. Gonna try to trade Robles.

That’s a stacked offense, how many teams in the league?

I’m extremely high on Robles so don’t sell too low for another SP. I like him way more than Eloy for example.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Bregor posted:

That’s a stacked offense, how many teams in the league?

I’m extremely high on Robles so don’t sell too low for another SP. I like him way more than Eloy for example.

12 teams.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Bregor posted:

I like him way more than Eloy for example.

Howcome?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Your Taint posted:

Two spots remain. First come first served. PM or post your email here for an invite.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Probably depends a lot on league type and categories, but I like Robles' synergy with the team a bit better as an additional source of SB.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Speed, baby!

Seriously though, Robles will be the Opening Day CF and is an Adam Eaton injury away from batting 1 or 2 in that lineup, and even in the 7 or 8 spot he'll get opportunities for counting stats. I don't think the ChiSox will delay Eloy coming up two weeks into April, but it wouldn't shock me either? If you told me they'd have the same amount of PAs then it comes down to team need at that point, but in a vacuum I'll take the SB upside.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm looking for some keeper advice. I'm in a 12 team H2H points league with a $260 budget auction draft. I can keep between 5 and 9 players, here are my options:

Manny Machado - $35
Gleyber Torres - $10
Miguel Andujar - $10
Mallex Smith - $10
Kyle Tucker - $10
Carlos Santana - $7
Gerrit Cole - $19
Mike Foltynewicz - $5
Ivan Nova - $2
Steven Matz - $8

I'm definitely keeping Machado, Torres, Andujar, Cole, and Folty, probably Nova too (he's not great but I think he's good enough for $2). I'm on the fence about Matz and Santana. I'm optimistic about Matz but he has trouble staying healthy. And Santana is cheap enough, but I think I would rather draft someone better. I also want to keep Smith and Tucker as well, but I think I can just draft them again for a cheaper price. I might be able to draft Matz cheaper too.

I can also commit to Machado for 2 years for a $10 inflation, so $45 for the next two years. Not sure if that's worth it, but that's probably what he'd be going for in the draft anyway.

Someone has also offered me his $2 Scooter Gennett for 2 auction dollars, so it would essentially cost me $4 for him, and I'm considering that. I'm not too familiar with NL players, but I always thought Scooter was underrated, and CBS is pretty high on him too.

Ideally I want as many cheap keepers as possible. I want to go after Trout in the draft and that will take up a lot of my budget, probably at least $55. I think if I keep Machado, Torres, Andujar, Cole, Folty, Nova, and trade for Scooter, that will leave me with $181 to draft with, and that should be plenty if I'm smart about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Careful, Folty might be hurt per reports earlier today. Elbow soreness.