Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
All I ask is that Yelich be put on the DL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Schweinhund posted:

It's bad enough that I'm a Cubs fan and had to watch him murder my stupid team all year (and last year). But to have him lead me to the semifinals in fantasy, only to suffer a freak injury and then have Yahoo drag their feet so I can't cut him...aaaaaagggghhhh And the Cubs still suck and look like they don't want to go to the playoffs. I need to drink.

Plus, Yeli seems like a cool guy even if he looks like Pete Davidson and was having an absolute ALL-TIME season. This sucks so bad.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Schweinhund posted:

Always start all your pitchers. Except Wade Miley tonight.

Why didn't you tell me this before I sat Bauer last night?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Probably only Will Smith owners have noticed, but he's been on the shelf with a bad back for going on a week, and he could be out for a bit longer. If you're looking for a sneaky source of saves, check out Shaun Anderson in the meantime.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/giants/shaun-andersons-audition-giants-closer-could-last-past-year

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jairo Diaz for the Rockies too if it's not already too late on that one

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Aaagggggghhh. It seemed like Yuli Gurriel would play by yesterday or today so I didn't drop him. Now they're saying Friday at the earliest. I always keep a tight offensive bench during the playoffs to maximize pitching options and this injury, along with Yelich going down are totally going to gently caress me out of the Finals.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I picked up Rich Hill for tonight.

I believe.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Twin Cinema posted:

I believe.

Same. Fingers crossed! *develops a blister*

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Twin Cinema posted:

I believe in just getting this season over with.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

All pitchers I touch turn to poo poo. I am King Midass.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
A Hill to die on

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey guys remember when Manny Machado was good?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rand alPaul posted:

Hey guys remember when Manny Machado was good?

You mean last year? This year is an average year for him.

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

I have high apple pie in the sky hopes.

Schweinhund posted:

Dear God why has this not happened yet?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DGladding posted:

Dear God why has this not happened yet?

It's September, nobody goes on the IL this month.

(This is the last year this will be true.)

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

Inspector_666 posted:

It's September, nobody goes on the IL this month.

(This is the last year this will be true.)

I hate everybody.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DGladding posted:

I hate everybody.

I had to remind my brother about this re: Gary.

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

Inspector_666 posted:

I had to remind my brother about this re: Gary.

Your brother and I are going drinking tonight. I'm expensing it to Rob Manfred.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Welp, it's been fun gents, but my last team is all but eliminated. Maybe next year.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Uh so my team has somehow clawed their way back into contention this week. From 0-13-1 to tied 6-6-2...

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Should I start Bauer today?

Currently, I’m leading in ERA and WHIP by a decent margin, but losing in Ks, and tied in Ws. Bauer would be my only starter, whereas the other person has 4. I’m think it’s better to hope to hold onto what I have, and hope I’m not overtaken in wins.

Basically, I just need my offence to show up, because I’m losing 5-4.

(i am not winning today)

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 15, 2019

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I feel ya, I have to decide whether to bench my SPs today or not. Buehler/Cueto/Manaea in one league and Buehler/Miley in another, and neither decision is clear cut. Leaning towards starting em all, so if Wade Miley could not make it 3 meltdowns in a row, that'd be great

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm LV Savage, a win or tie means I go to the finals...this poo poo is so fuckin' stressful.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

The Pussy Boss posted:

I feel ya, I have to decide whether to bench my SPs today or not. Buehler/Cueto/Manaea in one league and Buehler/Miley in another, and neither decision is clear cut. Leaning towards starting em all, so if Wade Miley could not make it 3 meltdowns in a row, that'd be great

Seems like it worked out for you.

I’m currently tied 4-4. My season comes down to whether Alonso gets a run.

If I started Bauer, I would have tied Ws. Oh well. My opponent and me have also traded 6-4 wins this season, so I think I win on a tie.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Bieber and Hader saved my season today.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
As long as Pete Alonso and Michael Conforto do not combine for 4+ HRs and 12+ RBIs, I'm through the finals to face my brother.

And he just lost Trout, Gary, and Rizzo...

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I just need Wheeler to secure the QS or W and I win my playoff round. That 6th inning was so stressful, leadoff double then 3 strikeouts.

I was down 14-0 on Tuesday so this is sweet

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
tied my opponent 7-7 and it went to the regular season record which was 12-13-3 in our two matchups. I lost because he had 2 more Ks than me in week seven :shepicide:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
that's some all time FML poo poo

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’m not sure... if.... Nick pollack (pitcherlist) ....... is good.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

the_american_dream posted:

Yeah I bought in a bunch on Taillon, Wheeler, Pivetta, etc. etc. based on him and Sporer's podcasts. In fact my 15-team mixed league my staff after the draft was Taillon, Wheeler, Bumgarner, and Heaney. Luckily a took a flyer on Domingo German late, but needless to say I am not winning the league.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

PL is my #1 fantasy resource but sometimes Nick can fall in love with stuff over results. The entire staff over there was incredibly high on Derek Holland at the beginning of the year and I kept telling them it was like some kind of inside joke I didn't get.

The entire pitching landscape has been a total shitshow this season though, I doubt PL is the only place that whiffed pretty hard on the second-tier recommendations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea the site is still good and articles and the list is a great reference but yea his tendency to fall in love with stuff and stick with guys that aren’t helping combined with him dismissing guys who don’t have great stuff but pitch well (Fiers) have really made me consider ignoring his advice on starts

On the other side I really like Sporer since he’s almost the opposite and resets really well on his podcast, which seems to be impossible for others.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Felipe Vazquez is a giant piece of poo poo. why did this have to happen during the loving playoffs?

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/09/17/pirates-all-star-closer-felipe-vazquez-arrested-on-charges-of-solicitation-of-a-child/

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Yeah if he did it during the offseason that would be much better.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Moneyball posted:

Yeah if he did it during the offseason that would be much better.

Not what I meant... guess I should have worded it better.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I'm only kidding. That's horrible.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Not what I meant... guess I should have worded it better.

not linking it in any way to ~your fantasy team~ is really the only way to word it better

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Holy poo poo that is horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Pumped about my JD Davis pickup and him sitting every game in Coors. Love it