Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bregor posted:

Just be careful, on NFBC he was going around pick 180 all the way through the start of spring games. In you filter for drafts just in the last week his ADP has jumped to 146. Amazing what a few at-bats in meaningless games will do.

don't forget BSOHL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

resident posted:

What site and when’s the draft? I’d be interested if it’s on yahoo or fantrax.

Yahoo! Should I PM you?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Because I'm an addict, here's another team I drafted. I know I waited too long on pitching. I'm trying to trade Whit or Eloy for another pitcher.

12 team h2h 5x5

I don't think you waited too long at all. I love this team.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I don't think you waited too long at all. I love this team.

Thanks! :respek:

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

fawning deference posted:

Yahoo! Should I PM you?

That works for me!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

resident posted:

That works for me!

I forgot I don't have PM's... maybe email?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

fawning deference posted:

I forgot I don't have PM's... maybe email?

deleted email

resident fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 5, 2019

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
12-team, H2H, 7x7 (OBP, SLG + QS, L), I have the 3rd overall pick:

JD Martinez is my man, right?

I figure Trout/Mookie go 1-2, and then I'm picking from JDM, Arenado, and J-Ram. I usually try to avoid Red Sox players if I can get an equal on another team, but it seems like he's too good to pass up.

Bregor posted:

I do, they launched their fantasy baseball content a while ago and it's awesome. Funston, Ciely, and Salfino write there too.

Since PitcherList has made it into the OP right off the bat, The Athletic's fantasy stuff was going to be my "Hey check this poo poo out dudes" contribution this year and I've been beaten. But yes, there's a lot of stuff in here and it's pretty nice.

Eno's public-facing Tableau page has his positional scarcity stuff, which is pretty much tiering but a little harder to quickly search.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 5, 2019

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

12-team, H2H, 7x7 (OBP, SLG + QS, L), I have the 3rd overall pick:

JD Martinez is my man, right?

I figure Trout/Mookie go 1-2, and then I'm picking from JDM, Arenado, and J-Ram. I usually try to avoid Red Sox players if I can get an equal on another team, but it seems like he's too good to pass up.

Since PitcherList has made it into the OP right off the bat, The Athletic's fantasy stuff was going to be my "Hey check this poo poo out dudes" contribution this year and I've been beaten. But yes, there's a lot of stuff in here and it's pretty nice.

Eno's public-facing Tableau page has his positional scarcity stuff, which is pretty much tiering but a little harder to quickly search.

The only thing I checked to use as a devil's advocate argument against JD was that he's older than 30 & might sit during H2H playoffs, but he played every game after Boston clinched last year so I've got no reason not to take him in the 3rd slot with your scoring format.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Huh, someone dropped David Dahl. Thinkin' I should get on that.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 5, 2019

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Bregor posted:

Started my TGFBI satellite league's slow draft this morning. 15 teams, standard 5x5 roto. Had the 11th pick, went with Altuve and then Story at 20th overall, which is weird since I like a lot of value in the mid-to-late tiers at SS and MI but they were my top guys.

Now to wait two days until I pick again. :negative:

1.11 Jose Altuve
2.20 Trevor Story
3.41 Cody Bellinger
4.50 Jameson Taillon
5.71 Zack Wheeler
6.80 Eddie Rosario
7.101 Michael Conforto
8.110 Yasmani Grandal

Pitching was going super-early, and I felt a catcher run coming in round 8, but otherwise pretty happy with how things are shaking out.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Bregor posted:

catcher run

I don't know when it started, but I imagine it took a while

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Murderball posted:

I don't know when it started, but I imagine it took a while

this is me

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Someone just offered me Walker Buehler for my Patrick Corbin. :getin:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Sano out til May at least, do not draft.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sano out til May at least, do not draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of8kY_IbYq4

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I have a competitive 12-team $50 buy-in keeper league and a team is open to be taken over! Teams get 6 keepers. Roto. Standard live draft.

R, H, HR, RBI, AVG, OBP, SLG, SB
IP, SV, HLD, QS, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9 (4 mandatory SP slots)

Let me know if anyone is interested! This league is fun - lots of friends of mine who I've known for years and another goon or two as well!

Looks like the draft will be Sat March 23. I have a goon on standby but he can't really make the draft, so I would feel bad about him paying for the league. If anyone is looking for a really active trash-talky keeper league, respond to this with your email!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Not good

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bregor posted:

1.11 Jose Altuve
2.20 Trevor Story
3.41 Cody Bellinger
4.50 Jameson Taillon
5.71 Zack Wheeler
6.80 Eddie Rosario
7.101 Michael Conforto
8.110 Yasmani Grandal

Pitching was going super-early, and I felt a catcher run coming in round 8, but otherwise pretty happy with how things are shaking out.

9.131 Madison Bumgarner
10.140 Sean Doolittle
11.161 Andrew Heaney
12.170 Stephen Piscotty

No love for the West Coast! Bumgarner fell super late, and Heaney and Piscotty are pretty well-kept secrets IMO. I guess the Kimbrel-to-DC rumors scared people away from Doolittle? He's really good when he pitches.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

who do you guys like out of Jack Flaherty and German Marquez? I have both and basically have room to pick one as a keeper. I liked Marquez more by a lot last season because it's a QS league and he was going deep constantly whereas Flaherty kept cruising into the 5th and then fainting. But Flaherty seems to have more heat in the fantasy world going into this season

Also we can keep guys as long as we want so I'm thinking of keeping Mondesi over Eugenio Suarez or Anthony Rizzo just for the future years, SB, and potential but I know it's risky since Suarez is great. Rizzo is kinda fading imo :/

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

who do you guys like out of Jack Flaherty and German Marquez? I have both and basically have room to pick one as a keeper. I liked Marquez more by a lot last season because it's a QS league and he was going deep constantly whereas Flaherty kept cruising into the 5th and then fainting. But Flaherty seems to have more heat in the fantasy world going into this season

Also we can keep guys as long as we want so I'm thinking of keeping Mondesi over Eugenio Suarez or Anthony Rizzo just for the future years, SB, and potential but I know it's risky since Suarez is great. Rizzo is kinda fading imo :/

Flaherty no question.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I'm high on Flaherty. He could wind up with a Cy Young in the next couple years if things break his way.

Eno Sarris has him ranked 17 and German Marquez ranked 31st in his top 175 pitchers for the 2019 fantasy baseball season.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ty I guess I'll switch and go with Flaherty then. Likely I can redraft Marquez if I'm bullish on him

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Addict here! :wave:

Did another one. This one was kinda crazy, guys were reaching and falling all over the place. Got Story at 31 which was easily the biggest steal of the draft. I like this one, except for my relief pitchers because they went early and often.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Add Michael Wacha?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Simpsons Reference posted:

Add Michael Wacha?

I would if you have room.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

In a vacuum, who do you guys like in redraft out of these?

Ramon Laureano
Domingo Santana
Fernando Tatis jr.

Currently I have Laureano, but am considering putting a claim in for one of the other 2.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tatis, Laureano, Santana in that order.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
In redraft I'd probably go Laureno, Santana, Tatis. Laureno feels like Santana with more upside, esp if you want the SB. Tatis I just worry that you're carrying a blank spot for way too long and I rarely do that.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I really like Santana as an all-around contributor this year. But Laureano has the better speed upside. Depends on roster construction IMO.

I know a lot of people think Tatis will be up in April but I'm not so sure. If the Fathers start slow they could Super 2 him pretty easily.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Gary Sanchez is hitting .091

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Just a reminder to my Goon leaguers that the draft is today at 2pm Central.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Your Taint posted:

Hey commish, the keeper league demands your attention. Someone wants out so we have an open spot it seems.

also what are the rules for keepers? 4 keepers and keep them in the round you draft them?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 9, 2019

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I still really really need one person for a $50 buy in keeper Roto Yahoo league. Everyone is active and trash talky and you would be taking over a team with solid keepers. Draft is Sun March 23 I believe.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Your Taint posted:

Oh poo poo I thought it was tomorrow. Good looking out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Your Taint posted:

changing it from auction to standard draft and not telling anyone is a dick move

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

IcePhoenix posted:

changing it from auction to standard draft and not telling anyone is a dick move

Not being aware of that for three loving weeks and then complaining about it is kind of a dick move as well. I changed it the day i formed the league and have posted in this thread about it and also sent several emails to all managers. It's not like you didn't have the opportunity to know.

It's been that way for three weeks, dude.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hey commish, the keeper league demands your attention. Someone wants out so we have an open spot it seems.

also what are the rules for keepers? 4 keepers and keep them in the round you draft them?

Nope, just keep any 4 you want and it doesn't affect the draft status for next year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Your Taint posted:

Not being aware of that for three loving weeks and then complaining about it is kind of a dick move as well. I changed it the day i formed the league and have posted in this thread about it and also sent several emails to all managers. It's not like you didn't have the opportunity to know.

It's been that way for three weeks, dude.

you didn't say anything in thread, didn't post anything in the league, and certainly didn't send any e-mails that I got

sorry I guess for assuming it would be the same as it has been for the life of the league and not checking, but don't act like you did anything at all to notify people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Upon further inspection, I thought I had specified in this thread when I was promoting openings in the league, so that's my bad. It WAS posted as a notification in the league, however. Feel free to check. My apologies for my harsh reaction and I will do better going forward.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 9, 2019