Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
love to go 9/70 between friday and saturday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I have a slight edge in my league’s quarterfinals coming into today, and I think my opponent might be too hungover from a wedding last night to get his lineup set in time to have a legit chance at coming back. Do your thing 2AM Busch Lights, do your thing

resident fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 8, 2019

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I think I understand the dislike of h2h points playoff leagues. 2nd year straight of leading in first place all year in both leagues to maybe have outside shot at 3rd place finishes. Think I’ll take next season off this was much more stressful than fun 😔

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Johnny Cueto is back tomorrow, has a two start weak* vs PIT and MIA, and pitched 6 innings/75 pitches in his last start.

*I decided to leave the typo, since it kind of fits

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

I think I understand the dislike of h2h points playoff leagues. 2nd year straight of leading in first place all year in both leagues to maybe have outside shot at 3rd place finishes. Think I’ll take next season off this was much more stressful than fun 😔

I like the randomness of H2H for the regular season but playoffs should be a month long roto of qualifying teams

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I like the randomness of H2H for the regular season but playoffs should be a month long roto of qualifying teams

Hell no roto stays to roto I don't want to suddenly get burnt for punting a stat. If you play H2H you just have to accept the variance once the playoffs hit

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Julio Urías back to the bullpen. I forgot how annoying it was owning Dodgers SP's.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
If either Brandon Workman or Adam Ottavino record even one strikeout tonight, I will be eliminated from my league's playoffs. UGH

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Moneyball posted:

Johnny Cueto is back tomorrow, has a two start weak* vs PIT and MIA, and pitched 6 innings/75 pitches in his last start.

*I decided to leave the typo, since it kind of fits

I’m gonna put in a claim (fingers crossed), but I’m annoyed that it wasn’t announced yesterday so I could’ve saved a semifinals roster move.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

My team average going into Friday was like .330 and now i'm gonna lose every offense cat and get blown out of the playoffs with a team of Contreras/Rizzo/Arenado/Chapman/Springer/Betts/Blackmon/JDM because my team has gone loving 12/106 over the last 3 days

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Teemu Pokemon posted:

My team average going into Friday was like .330 and now i'm gonna lose every offense cat and get blown out of the playoffs with a team of Contreras/Rizzo/Arenado/Chapman/Springer/Betts/Blackmon/JDM because my team has gone loving 12/106 over the last 3 days

drat, that’s impressive. Sorry for your luck

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Meanwhile, if Betts or JDM hits a HR before the end of this game I will win 7-6 :ohdear:

e: in the case of Betts, another one :sigh:

e2: and it needs to be a HR because I'm down 5-7, tied in R and RBI and down 1 in HR, so even like an RBI double and then coming around to score would make the final 7-7 and I don't have the tiebreaker, so I need the HR to turn the cat into a tie

e3: aaaand JDM grounds out and that's gonna be a wrap unless Betts hits a walkoff grand slam or some poo poo

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 9, 2019

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I'm at the game. Please help Teemu Pokemon win, gents

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

it sucks op please save me

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Doltos posted:

Hell no roto stays to roto I don't want to suddenly get burnt for punting a stat. If you play H2H you just have to accept the variance once the playoffs hit

then the playoffs need to be like 6 weeks long and every matchup is 2 weeks instead of one because gently caress this dumb game

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

gently caress I cut Castro for a streamer and started Chapman/Arenado/Adam Frazier in my 2B/3B/IF and he hit a HR and they combined 0/10 with a walk. Start him over any of those and I win

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i quit

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I hate Rick Porcello.

And this drunk guy next to me is desperately hoping to catch a foul ball. Every time a ball is heading towards the upper deck, he starts shouting some Irish dude's name. Who is Rick O'Shea?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The top of my league (5x5 H2H) has been super competitive this year. After spending most of the year in first place, the last five or six weeks have seen 1-3 trading positions.

I'm in second, five games back of first and a game ahead of third going into the week. Halfway through the week first place looks like they're going to go 6-4, 7-3, same for me and third place jumps out HUGE to a 10-0 week.

I thought I was going to miss the bye week (six team playoffs), then first place freefalls to 2-8, third place holds at 10-0 and someway somehow I wound up winning 10-0 as well to take over first place and hold a one game lead.

Second regular season title in a row, looking for a second consecutive playoff victory as well.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moneyball posted:

I hate Rick Porcello.

And this drunk guy next to me is desperately hoping to catch a foul ball. Every time a ball is heading towards the upper deck, he starts shouting some Irish dude's name. Who is Rick O'Shea?

Wrestler for wwe, used to be Prince Puma in Lucha Underground

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

lol I tied for the last playoff spot in a pro league. I think it says I win the tiebreak and make the playoffs, but not gonna know for sure til tomorrow morning :ohdear:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Meanwhile, if Betts or JDM hits a HR before the end of this game I will win 7-6 :ohdear:

e: in the case of Betts, another one :sigh:

e2: and it needs to be a HR because I'm down 5-7, tied in R and RBI and down 1 in HR, so even like an RBI double and then coming around to score would make the final 7-7 and I don't have the tiebreaker, so I need the HR to turn the cat into a tie

e3: aaaand JDM grounds out and that's gonna be a wrap unless Betts hits a walkoff grand slam or some poo poo

It's weird. I kept shouting for them to hit one out each time they went up to the plate, but Betts only listened that one time.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
In the last 16 weeks, I’ve lost only once.

Excited to see how my team loses badly in the playoffs.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

:feelsgood:

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I found out this morning I didn't make my 24 team, dynasty league playoffs. My overall record is tied with another dude for the wild card spot. I beat him H2H, but he had more overall points. League rules on Fantrax clearly state H2H record is the first tie break, overall points is the second tie break, but the commissioner said something to the effect of "oh yeah we discussed this at the beginning of the year, I just never updated the rules on the site to say points wins". His dad is the one making the playoffs instead of me. The commissioner came up with an absolute poo poo points system last year, has been completely absent most of the season, and didn't bother to even get 100% of the league to pay their dues. I think I'm loving done after this year.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I like this Yordan Alvarez fellow and wish I stashed him in more leagues instead of holding on to lottery tickets like Nick Senzel and Scott Kingery

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Moneyball posted:

I like this Yordan Alvarez fellow and wish I stashed him in more leagues instead of holding on to lottery tickets like Nick Senzel and Scott Kingery

I think I've landed on him as my final keeper in the goon keeper league (we get 4).

Gives me Judge, Story, Buehler, and Yordan.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Buehler?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I get to keep Trout, Soto, and Alvarez next year in my money league.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Trout is gonna be hurt all fantasy playoffs isnt he

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I’m sitting Berrios tomorrow. His last month has been horrendous.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

jabro posted:

My opponent has Berrios so rest assured he's going to throw a 27K perfecto.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Twin Cinema posted:

In the last 16 weeks, I’ve lost only once.

Excited to see how my team loses badly in the playoffs.

On one hand, Alvarez and Altuve combined for 3 HRs.

On the other, Fiers had a 81.00 ERA after 1IP.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
That's the third best amount of IP to have an 81 ERA.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Agh. I was already debating Yuli Gurriel's health as to whether I should drop him to activate Johnny Cueto and now Christian Yelich gets injured in his first AB.

Please don't have my entire team die during semifinals so that I have to waste all my waiver moves to replace my goddamn offense.

EDIT: Haha. I decided to bet on Yuli's health and dropped Jurickson Profar, who I recently picked up, because the Astros pitching is so good. Of course they're in the process of hanging 17 on Miley and company. At least I have Semien.

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 11, 2019

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/1171615520719814658?s=20

fuckin' hell

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

jabro posted:

:suicide:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I warned you.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jabro posted:

Inspector_666 posted:

My opponent has Berrios so rest assured he's going to throw a 27K perfecto.

:tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Always start all your pitchers. Except Wade Miley tonight.