Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Draft Adalberto Mondesi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not sure what country theme I'm going with this season in HGH and Centaur Paintings. Thinking maybe the Dominican Republic but every team will just be a car accident joke.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Murderball posted:

It's in the best shape of its life

Am I the only one here not drafting Mondesi? (where he's ranked at least) Not that I don't believe he will perform, but he has a Jonathan Villar 2017 vibe to me. I'm sure the underlying stats aren't as bad, but I guess I'm letting someone else gamble.

I've drafted Villar and Buxton in previous seasons and I don't learn from my mistakes.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jingleheimer posted:

What am I supposed to do with this keeper I have named Manny Machado?

I have Machado and Harper in multiple leagues. :qq:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did ESPN change it so you can't post a photo as the league manager's message? So boring. I have this awesome photo of a plantain I wanted for our Dominican League.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
It really is. It's also clunky to navigate.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tatis, Laureano, Santana in that order.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Astudillo owns. Does anyone know if Mejia is getting the job as catcher for the Padres?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
In a league that has XBH and OPS for scoring, would you rather keep Jose Altuve or Kris Bryant?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

the_american_dream posted:

How are we feeling about Trevor Bauer this year?

He is a piece of poo poo but he pitches well.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Very happy with all the people buying in on Buxton again this year. We're going to all be posting Buston when he's hitting .181 in May.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

kensei posted:

I added Voit via the auction to my kept Sanchez and Judge so I am a huge Yankees fan this season. Dunno how to feel about that.

I had a team last season like that and I felt dirty.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

fawning deference posted:

What is the Voit consensus?

For what rank he's at on ESPN's boards, he's amazing. So worth it.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Miguel Cabrera is really deep in leagues, too. There's bargains in them there 1B hills.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Voit is beginning to go earlier and earlier, so switch instead to Tatis Jr, Francisco Mejia, Jesus Luzardo, and Christin Stewart for your last pick bargains.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I draft the worst closers every single season.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Monday_ posted:

Is Closer Monkey still around? Their site is down and I haven't seen an email or tweet since March 2nd.

Yeah it was up yesterday and was basically making GBS threads on all my choices for closers in drafts :qq:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/1108871442119057408

i should have literally forgotten him in the Fire and Forget draft.

Was gloating about taking him and Luzardo late in a draft and welp :negative:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'm all in on Adalberto Mondesi this year. Monster fantasy season incoming. I will reach for him in drafts without hesitation.

He was really good last season and I had a lot of hype about him, then I realized I have Machado as a keeper in many leagues. If I have no SS then yeah I'd reach for him, too.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Projected to finish last in all three of my leagues so far. Also I'm joining the Mondesi club. Come on, Raul Jr!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would take Soto and Marquez for Strausburg and Rizzo, but then again I'm really high on both Soto and Marquez and kind of indifferent toward Rizzo. You're already set on OFs, what would your 1B replacement be? It's a shallow position, unfortunately.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

I dropped Shane Greene for him. I "think" that is an improvement.

I dropped Shane Greene for Bradley :negative:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

What round should I target Tatis Jr. in a draft?

He has been going sooner and sooner in each draft. I got him on zero drafts :( I'd say before the last 3 picks.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

the_american_dream posted:

Speaking of Padres. If you’re doing a set it and forget it deal with catcher, because it’s a trash position, would you go Alfaro or Mejia

Roto h2h

I'm going full blast on the Mejia hype.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Padres players have a lot of hype this season, I see a lot guys on sleeper lists.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
ESPN's new buggy software is showing every player out of the starting lineup today :bravo:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pro Tier: Drafting Voit around 200
Elite Tier: Leaving him on the bench today for Miguel Cabrera

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I felt really sad not keeping Correa this year because I was a huge believer in him and his rookie year he was a godsend. But SS is now stacked as a position, and he's waaaaaaaaaay too young to be having neck and back problems. That seems like a huge red flag to me.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

chilihead posted:

How could ESPN mess up their fantasy site so badly? It used to take me one button press to see if a batter or pitcher was right or left handed.
So many things changed, wish they had left it alone.

It takes a while for their screens to load now, and they don't have a lot of the old features. It is really quite confounding. I don't get who thought this was all a good idea.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Judging from the games I watched this weekend all streams should be directed against the "offenses" of San Francisco, Detroit, and Toronto.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who is the loving shithead telling Trea Turner to bunt?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Please send this to Washington, D.C., immediately.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

Willians Astudillo should be playing every day.

Agreed. I wish I had drafted him instead of Mejia.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah that's a bad trade. :stare:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Monday_ posted:

I still have 0 saves.

gently caress relief pitching.

I very shrewdly and intelligently dropped Shane Greene for Archie Bradley in every league about a week before the season began. I am smart and not bitter at all about it.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shane Greene is going to save 50 games for a crappy Tigers team this season.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doltos posted:

Why I will never draft saves until the last two rounds

Yeah I tried that this season and somehow got every team's setup man.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
ESPN is giving me three different scores for my matchup? I'm very confused. This is on Chrome, but it tells me initially I'm tied, then I wait and it tells me I'm losing, I click on the matchup and it tells me I'm winning? What the gently caress.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah ESPN so far has me tied on RBIs, and I need a whopping one from AJ Pollock, who is the only guy on the Dodgers without a hit tonight. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Start every pitcher everywhere, including Coors.