Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I think I'll sit Chris Sale bc my pitching has been rear end this year, so I eagerly anticipate him throwing 7 shutout innings with 13 k's.

Thank you for your sacrifice...I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

the_american_dream posted:

Lol ok what’s the deal with Carlos Santana. I’m not sure if this guy is doing a bit but he’s offered him for various players on my team and I’m not sure why. Latest is for Hosmer and it’s o...k?

He’s a guy who’s outperforming his ADP by quite a bit and has name value. Some people probably don’t believe he’ll keep it up and want to offload before he collapses. I own him in a league and tried to move him because I have too much offense, but didn’t get a bite

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Schweinhund posted:

He's been slumping actually and has a .814 OPS for the year. He has always been a streaky player. He'll probably get on a hot streak sometime soon, then you should trade him.

Ha. drat, I knew he was slumping the last week or two, but didn't realize how hard. After his hot start, he's been on my bench half the time. I'll have to try and move him again when he has another good streak. His dual eligibility should make him moderately appealing as a piece in a trade...hopefully. Otherwise he's a useful bat, but I won't feel too bad dumping him if it really gets to crunch time.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I streamed Soroka a couple of times in both my leagues earlier in the season, but now that he's consistently good, I don't own him in either.

In other news, is it safe to drop Robinson Cano? I want to think there's still upside there, but it's increasingly looking unlikely. I was trying to hold him for a good stretch and trade him to one of the Mets homers in my league, but I feel like he's become next man down in a roster crunch.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I dropped Mallex. Didn’t feel too bad about it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DeepDickPizza posted:

I dropped Mallex. Didn’t feel too bad about it.

Okay. Now I feel a little bad about it. Still not too bad, though.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I would really like it if Nola could get his poo poo together. He seems close. He was cruising today until it all fell apart in the sixth.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Trying to consolidate my offense in a H2H, I just moved Nola and Machado for Trea Turner and Wil Myers. Please tell me I didn’t gently caress up.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Cool. The other guy was desperate to shore up his pitching staff, so I was glad he bit on it. An underperforming 2nd and 3rd rounder for a 1st. I think Nola and Machado will both come around to an extent, but pairing Turner with Yelich at the top of my offense is very nice. Myers isn't exactly a slouch, either.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Any New York fans have insight on Aaron Judge?

I was offered Judge for Gerrit Cole, which is iffy given his injury. However, the league has unlimited weekly transactions, which allows for a wildly different pitching strategy in terms of streaming. My starting staff of Cole, Sale, Minor, Bumgarner, Hill is pretty drat good and I probably wouldn't want to break it up in most leagues, but I feel hitting is further undervalued in such a league.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Inspector_666 posted:

Judge seems to be fine and on his way back without any issues so far. Dealing elite pitching for injured position players is always a risk though.

That said, Judge fuckin' rules so...

Yeah. I feel like I wouldn’t even consider it in normal league settings. There’s only like 4 reliable stud pitchers.

But with unlimited moves in this league, I can basically strong arm K and QS wins with mid level pitchers if I’m willing to risk ratios. Building an elite offense is even more important.

The guy offering the trade is a Yanks fan so I thought maybe I was missing something about his injury. Even if I don’t get him off IL for a month I think I’m still gonna risk it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Inspector_666 posted:

Lucas Giolito is on my watch list (I should probably just remove him at this point since he ain't getting dropped) and was just traded in my league, so ESPN's app sent me three different notifications that he was "available" and oh my god gently caress you so much ESPN.

Speaking of Giolito, I have a standing offer of my Albies for his Giolito. I really need to trade for some pitching and have an abundance of offense. How much regression are we expecting from Giolito? I like him a lot but projections are all over the place.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Thank you for your sacrifice.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Don’t need to add Gant if you already got him. :c00l:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
How much longer should I wait it out with Wil Myers? I feel torn because I recently acquired him as a secondary piece in a trade, but at the same time I don't want that to hold me back from grabbing someone more worthwhile off the waiver wire. Myers is one of the most frustrating players in the game. I've ended up with him many times and every time he's on my team, he's absolute dogshit. Then when I drop him, someone else picks him up and he goes hog wild.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Aye Doc posted:

who would you be dropping him for?

Vogelbach, Christian Walker, Winker, Chris Taylor. I feel like there’s a ton of guys with potential on waivers.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

me but lorenzo cain

Ha. I also have Lorenzo Cain on that same team. I have a little more patience with him but both guys are just blaaaah. Outside of those two, my offense is great.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I’m not really hurting in any particular offensive categories, which is why I’ve been patient. I feel like I should wait it out with him but he’s just been totally unplayable.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Aye Doc posted:

I just have a fantasy hard-on for dudes who can dinger and swipe bags and will defend Myers until i or he dies

The trade that got me Myers also netted me Trea Turner to go along with already owning Christian Yelich so :yeah:

I'll probably hold onto Myers for another week or so, at least. I'll be sad if all my potential targets get snapped up and Myers continues to suck a fat turd, though.

Thanks for all the input, fellas.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
So Wil Myers benched for the 4th day in a row. :rip:

Guess I don’t have to feel too bad dropping him anymore.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Matt Carpenter is firmly in the “bad on my roster, good when he’s not” camp.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah, I was banging my head against the wall that I didn’t push harder to move Meadows. His start was ridiculous but he’s been a complete albatross the past couple of months. I hope he has it figured out.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Ugh. Managers pulling starters who are one out away from a QS really grinds my gears. Happened with Teheran and Arrieta today. I mean, I know why they do it, but it’s very annoying for me, personally, as a fantasy guy.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Simpsons Reference posted:

Jose Urena is coming back as a SP eligible closer in a couple weeks, for those who might need him in the playoffs.

:tipshat:

This is something I could definitely use. Putting in a claim now. Cheers.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hey. Baseball is weird. It’s worth a shot.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Moneyball posted:

Jose Urena is coming back as a SP eligible closer in a couple weeks, for those who might need him in the playoffs.

Once again... :tipshat:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

:laffo:
:suicide:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Moneyball posted:

Johnny Cueto is back tomorrow, has a two start weak* vs PIT and MIA, and pitched 6 innings/75 pitches in his last start.

*I decided to leave the typo, since it kind of fits

I’m gonna put in a claim (fingers crossed), but I’m annoyed that it wasn’t announced yesterday so I could’ve saved a semifinals roster move.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Teemu Pokemon posted:

My team average going into Friday was like .330 and now i'm gonna lose every offense cat and get blown out of the playoffs with a team of Contreras/Rizzo/Arenado/Chapman/Springer/Betts/Blackmon/JDM because my team has gone loving 12/106 over the last 3 days

drat, that’s impressive. Sorry for your luck

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Agh. I was already debating Yuli Gurriel's health as to whether I should drop him to activate Johnny Cueto and now Christian Yelich gets injured in his first AB.

Please don't have my entire team die during semifinals so that I have to waste all my waiver moves to replace my goddamn offense.

EDIT: Haha. I decided to bet on Yuli's health and dropped Jurickson Profar, who I recently picked up, because the Astros pitching is so good. Of course they're in the process of hanging 17 on Miley and company. At least I have Semien.

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 11, 2019

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/1171615520719814658?s=20

fuckin' hell

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Schweinhund posted:

All I ask is that Yelich be put on the DL

It's bad enough that I'm a Cubs fan and had to watch him murder my stupid team all year (and last year). But to have him lead me to the semifinals in fantasy, only to suffer a freak injury and then have Yahoo drag their feet so I can't cut him...aaaaaagggghhhh And the Cubs still suck and look like they don't want to go to the playoffs. I need to drink.

Plus, Yeli seems like a cool guy even if he looks like Pete Davidson and was having an absolute ALL-TIME season. This sucks so bad.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Aaagggggghhh. It seemed like Yuli Gurriel would play by yesterday or today so I didn't drop him. Now they're saying Friday at the earliest. I always keep a tight offensive bench during the playoffs to maximize pitching options and this injury, along with Yelich going down are totally going to gently caress me out of the Finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
that's some all time FML poo poo