Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Careful, Folty might be hurt per reports earlier today. Elbow soreness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I'm high on Flaherty. He could wind up with a Cy Young in the next couple years if things break his way.

Eno Sarris has him ranked 17 and German Marquez ranked 31st in his top 175 pitchers for the 2019 fantasy baseball season.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
All Frazier did was hit after he got demoted, made some mechanical changes, and then recalled. He's looked good in ST. They're gonna protect him from lefties with Kevin Newman, and he batted .291 against righties on the year which includes his putrid April / May pre-demotion.

I think he could sneak into a .300 average.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
And if nothing else Bauer has the shittier lineups to face most starts

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
There were like 3,266 instances of Statcast™️ measuring the HARDEST BALL [PLAYER X] has EVER hit in the first two days of baseball so I’ve been waitin for the juiced ball shoe to drop

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Nick Burdi is going to get a lot of opportunities for holds, and I suspect some saves, and just about nobody outside of Pittsburgh knows a thing about him.

Here's some good analysis on him from the sabr-focused Pirates beat --> Nick Burdi Is More Than Just Velocity And Spin at Point of Pittsburgh

--> The Characteristics Of The Slider at Rumbunter.

W/ Crick injured and Richard Rodriguez & Keone Kela both struggling early, Felipe Vazquez can't carry the whole load. Burdi has looked excellent and reports are that the Pirates FO is very high on him.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid posted:

Nick Burdi is going to get a lot of opportunities for holds, and I suspect some saves, and just about nobody outside of Pittsburgh knows a thing about him.

Update, he's profiled briefly in this Paul Sporer post on Rotographs so I'm not the only one who took notice lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
His peripherals are fine. Batted ball data and all the statcast poo poo is good, FIP is good. His LOB% is like 50% so he’s pretty much getting garbage sequencing luck and should right the ship soon

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Bregor posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo

Have him in two important leagues

Perhaps it was only a minor inj-

https://twitter.com/nwilborn19/status/1124763951428927488?s=20

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Rand alPaul posted:

He's been pitching really poorly lately it makes sense. Here I was hoping he'd be traded to the Rays or the Astros :qq:

He said the curveball hurt to throw - makes sense. His (relative) ineffectiveness seemed to me a consequence of using that pitch less in two strike counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Jose Osuna is gonna start getting a lot of playing time, aside from his couple game suspension. He’s really driving the ball right now, could be a good under the radar pickup.

He’ll start at third base with LHP on the mound and they’re even working him into the lineup as a right fielder when they can too.