Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

who do you guys like out of Jack Flaherty and German Marquez? I have both and basically have room to pick one as a keeper. I liked Marquez more by a lot last season because it's a QS league and he was going deep constantly whereas Flaherty kept cruising into the 5th and then fainting. But Flaherty seems to have more heat in the fantasy world going into this season

Also we can keep guys as long as we want so I'm thinking of keeping Mondesi over Eugenio Suarez or Anthony Rizzo just for the future years, SB, and potential but I know it's risky since Suarez is great. Rizzo is kinda fading imo :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ty I guess I'll switch and go with Flaherty then. Likely I can redraft Marquez if I'm bullish on him

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Had my draft last night, then spent today sending desperate deals out trying to get guys I wanted but got scooped on, by now offering players i picked like 3 rounds earlier. Feels good

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 19, 2019

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

so i offered Eugenio Suarez (ranked 49) for German Marquez (109). he counters asking for Alex Bregman. lol

Really annoying because I took Suarez the round before Marquez, thinking i could get both, and almost did - Marquez went only two spots before my next pick in a 16-team league. guess I'm not getting him back this season :/

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I saw Trumbo already got placed on the 60-day so I keep expecting actual good players I own to hit the DL any second...

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, before a team heads out onto the field they'll have to have their roster sorted, but it could still happen whenever it seems like until then... Matt Olson got put on the 10-day earlier today and Yahoo had it right away.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Last season i ended up picking up a lot of really useful players during the season. Let's see if I have any luck this year

Here's a couple guys I grabbed out of free agency already in my 16-team league:
Freddy Peralta - young, electric, could struggle with his WHIP but also has high potential
Aaron Sanchez - already had mlb success at 23yo and 24yo but suffered from blisters in '17 and was rough '18. possible bounce back guy
Chad Pinder - article on pitcherlist.com really sold him https://www.pitcherlist.com/going-deep-chad-pinder-is-poised-for-a-2019-breakout/
Dakota Hudson - made the rotation for Cardinals, low K guy but potential for good results

also I drafted this guy but:
Trevor Richards - not even getting the most hype in the Marlins rotation, but he had an elite swing & miss % last season, though he had a problem with walks

I could see some of these guys melting down but I think they're all at least worth putting on your watch list

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

who do you guys like out of Jack Flaherty and German Marquez? I have both and basically have room to pick one as a keeper. I liked Marquez more by a lot last season because it's a QS league and he was going deep constantly whereas Flaherty kept cruising into the 5th and then fainting. But Flaherty seems to have more heat in the fantasy world going into this season

Fast Luck posted:

ty I guess I'll switch and go with Flaherty then. Likely I can redraft Marquez if I'm bullish on him

Fast Luck posted:

Marquez went only two spots before my next pick in a 16-team league. guess I'm not getting him back this season :/
Really hope this doesn't haunt me all year

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Only having 6 moves for a "week" :airquote: that spans from March 20th to April 7th is bullshit.
In my league it's 4 :mad:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm pretty pleased about Adalberto Mondesi so far. He was on a lot of "Avoid" draft lists because he was going early in drafts and his track record was one great quarter of a season where he also struck out 50 times and walked 9 times. But talent is talent, hope he keeps it up

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

freddy peralta :eyepop:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

bewbies posted:

You can do this but you're basically full punting IPs.
Yeah but you can be fearsome at the other three categories without even having to invest high picks in them.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Chris Sale has been super elite the last several years but there's been some red flags with him this season, most notably a drop in pitch speed. This person is trying to offload the risk of Sale onto you and I don't think it's worth taking given that Bauer has recently reached elite status himself. Even if Sale bounces back and has another typical year, the K/9 is a little bit better than Bauer but he's not necessarily going to be better overall.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

i petitioned my commissioner to raise the moves limit for this long "week," and he did, from 4 to 6, and then he will lower it back for the regular length week after. Seems fully customizable, unless "6" is the max setting for using the Weekly Moves Limit at all, in which case maybe it can be turned off for the week if 6 is not enough.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Bregor posted:

I would take him over Ketel Marte. Upside is still there and all the Rockies are injured so he should get PAs.
I'd hang onto Marte. Very underrated player last year, the kind of guy whose numbers may not impress right away but whose counting stats just keep adding up. And he's young and probably still improving.

But I mean I'd want Hampson too, he's getting his chance with the injuries going on in Colorado and I still believe in him. I'd drop Semien because you can probably pick him back up later if Hampson never gets going and even if you can't who cares that much about losing Semien

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Inspector_666 posted:

I realize the entire fantasy world has decided that Hampson is a must own but I would be very hesitant to drop a dude who is producing for him right now, so I dunno if I'd drop either guy for him right now.
Hmm I think we just disagree, that's fine though. But i would not be hesitant to drop a guy who is producing "right now" (Semien) if the right now is a SSS 14-game span and he's 28yo, has played 4 seasons with an OPS average of about .720 across them, including .706 over 158 games last season. and even the "right now" is not really beating the door down. That's basically a replacement level fantasy guy, at best.

Bregor posted:

There's a few SS-eligible players in the Semien/Marte range like Simmons, Arcia, I guess Swanson now cos he's hitting, etc. etc. that are kind of fungible. Also I've seen MIs like Dozier and Jorge Polanco get cut in shallower leagues, so there's going to be good replacement level. Hence why I would chase upside now and fall back on one of those guys if Hampson pancakes.
This i agree on, you'd just be giving an audition to Hampson, not banking your season on him. If he fails you can drop him and pick up another guy as good as Semien most likely without problem. But Hampson will get steals if he gets on base, and he has very good plate discipline, so he should be getting on base soon enough. If not, you move on, but there's a high ceiling with him that makes some patience worth your while imo. If Murphy and McMahon weren't hurt i might be saying otherwise, but he's got an opportunity right now.

Ketel Marte is still only 25, is eligible at a bunch of positions, took a nice leap last season, and may still be improving, is why I would hold onto him. But last season, to Bregor's point, I was able to drop Marte once or twice and pick him back up when I wanted him again, and get away with it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm still peeved every time I look and German Marquez and Shane Bieber aren't on my roster. I actually wanted to keep Marquez, I loved him last year, and I was in on Bieber since I saw him mentioned in this article before last season!
https://thedynastyguru.com/2018/03/20/pitchers-flourishing-obscurity/

I didn't keep Marquez only because I thought I would just draft him in the 1st round after keepers, and I could've, but Eugenio Suarez was unexpectedly still available and I gambled I could still get Marquez the next round. Just missed, then got flustered and took the best player available, David Peralta, only for Bieber to fly off the board right after. So I ended up missing out on both of my most desired players not even because I wanted other guys more (though I do love Suarez), but just because I underestimated the demand on them. Immediately started trying to trade Suarez, Peralta, and other pieces to get them but no dice.

If only I had one of them I wouldn't be bothered so much, but what really makes it stink is that among my keepers I already had an LF (Soto), so don't need Peralta, a 3B (Guerrero Jr), so don't need Suarez for long, and I even already have a Util-only guy (Ohtani). So I got these two good hitters that I not only didn't need, but that I'm also going to struggle with lineup choices on going forward. I write this post fully knowing that there's no reason for any of you to give a single poo poo, but I'm just so frustrated that even knowing that, I'm making this annoying pointless post!!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

to contribute something more useful, let me suggest you check out Tyler O'Neill. Big potential w/ power and defense, sporadic playing time so far, but Harrison Bader is slightly dinged up (hamstring, but not serious) and Dexter Fowler isn't playing great, so he may start getting more starts. I just added him hoping he gets CF eligibility eventually.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

to contribute something more useful, let me suggest you check out Tyler O'Neill. Big potential w/ power and defense, sporadic playing time so far, but Harrison Bader is slightly dinged up (hamstring, but not serious) and Dexter Fowler isn't playing great, so he may start getting more starts. I just added him hoping he gets CF eligibility eventually.
Lol pulled after a couple innings with a hurt arm. I also just dropped Seranthony yesterday because Robertson has started looking solid!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Doltos posted:

I drafted Rizzo for years, never again
I quit him this year after having him for the past five. Last year he was just so slump-prone and it seemed like a trend to me.

Chris Davis has been outperforming him lately. Dropping Rizzo for Chris Davis and it actually working is about the funniest thing I can think of.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don’t know what his role will be but I went ahead and added Justus Sheffield to my team because he’s coming up Friday.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rand alPaul posted:

Yes, and wow those are two great arms to be available that soon.
Flaherty's last start he carried a no hitter into like the 5th and struck out 10, EdRod has been pitching very well ever since his first two starts. Weird timing to drop either!

Abel Wingnut posted:

folks, you're going to want to stash yordan alvarez

thank me in august
He's crushing it but August is a long time to wait

I almost added him a few days ago but looked at the Astros OF and Brantley/Springer/Redick is gonna be a tough outfield to crack. Maybe someone could take some ABs from Tyler White at DH but Kyle Tucker is on the 40-man roster and Alvarez isn't so he still might not get the next shot.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 26, 2019

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah Reddick has been really hot lately. But maybe I'll squat on Alvarez anyway, I'm not sure, I can't really use him but I love holding amazing prospects and he could be worth a lot in a trade even if I don't have room for him on my roster.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I saw Leclerc struggling and had Shawn Kelley for just this reason, but dropped him two days ago to try out Luke Jackson in Atlanta. Kelley still on waivers. :smith:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Bregor posted:

I mean I love it and all but is he going to leapfrog Kyle Tucker? They've also got to add him to the 40-man.
I think he'll probably jump Tucker at this rate, but the Astros will look for a trade partner to give them a little something for maybe Kemp or whoever they give up to make a space. Could still be a little bit but as long as he keeps hitting they'll have to find a way.

another guy down on the farm I added lately is Zac Gallen for Miami. What I like about him is that he is going deep in games and racking up IP so if you're in a league with QS that could be something to look at...

Austin Hays from the Orioles is starting to do a little bit of hitting after being out all season due to a sprained thumb. He did play in Spring Training and over 12 games went 13/37 and hit 5 home runs. Big thing is Roch from MASN, which is a team-controlled media outlet, said he could be up soon and might be up already if not for the injury, so the team itself is basically allowing that they'd be willing to call him up. That's one to watch.

Finally there's Cavan Biggio, second baseman for Toronto's AAA, 20 walks to 16 strikeouts with some power and speed. 1.120 ops... everyone's raking really with this juiced ball tbh, but should still be able to displace 33yo Eric Sogard if he keeps it up, youd think

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 2, 2019

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

another guy down on the farm I added lately is Zac Gallen for Miami. What I like about him is that he is going deep in games and racking up IP so if you're in a league with QS that could be something to look at...
Look how good this guys doing. He’s gonna take Sandy Alcantara’s spot in the rotation before too long
http://m.milb.com/milb/player/668678#nav_last_ten

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

He did this all last season too. Cruise into the 5th and then fall over

Now I have Griffin Canning who seems really good but has done the same thing his first couple starts.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

there's also a guy in my league that offered me some deals for Vlad Jr., like hoping I might be panicky and sell I guess in a keeper league, which I won't... but I sent back Yordan Alvarez and David Peralta for Charlie Blackmon, because I'm overloaded at LF but need a CF. Peralta would almost match Blackmon's stats now, and Alvarez is a top prospect & strong keeper. He rejected it and sent a new Vlad request... He should have accepted it since his team is in the cellar - 16th place - and he could use a big hype keeper, but hey, if he doesn't want to improve his team that's up to him.

So instead I noticed there's a guy in my league with no third baseman... and I have no center fielder... so I offered Suarez for Gallo. Suarez is the safer money imho but I guess Gallo could end up doing something a little more insane, I could see him being too excited about Gallo and rejecting this. I think it would be mutually beneficial in terms of our roster makeup. What do you think

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rand alPaul posted:

:lol: Jack Flaherty was tossing a shutout and then gives up 3 runs in the 5th. Holy poo poo this pitcher is consistent.
It was a no hitter through 4. At least he eked out a QS

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

the_american_dream posted:

Pretty thrilled with my Soroka pick up
I picked up Touki and then Soroka got called up the next day or so, and I got the alert on my phone and was like "hmm I'll look into this guy later." Ended up taking too long, someone else got him, and then Touki went out and gave up 7 runs in an inning. :lol:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I have Vlad Jr and now Austin Riley at 3B, in addition to Eugenio Suarez, and i have no CF. I really need to address this so I've been trying to shop Suarez (Riley prob not valuable enough to sell on, and Vlad Jr i want to keep long-term).

Which of the following are worth it given my situation

Suarez for Harper (no response)
Suarez for Blackmon (no response)
Suarez for Gallo (no response)
Suarez for Conforto (on the table)
Suarez for Buxton (on the table)

You can keep guys as long as you want but there's a limit of 5 keepers, that's why I think there's a chance the Blackmon owner could accept, Suarez being 5 years younger. Harper owner could accept if he gets peeved enough at Harper's slump, I guess

I was ready to just take the Conforto deal before the concussion. Now I'm thinking perhaps I should just wait a couple weeks for Conforto to come back, see if anyone else bites, and if not, take another look at Conforto/Buxton then? Idk

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

do you guys believe in Buxton?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hmm thank you.

I got offered him for Yordan Alvarez in a keeper league. Only problem is, i probably don't have the room to keep Buxton while i might be able to sneak Alvarez through as an NA keeper if he gets kept down long enough. Still though, if people believe in what Buxton's doing, i should probably take it...?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

the_american_dream posted:

Prospect call ups are fun but Biggio doesn’t seem like a must add. Am I wrong?
Not a must add but worth a look if you’ve got room for him. Also if you’ve got walks or obp categories, he could be good. Should be able to pick up a dozen or so steals!

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 24, 2019

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Read an article about Alex Reyes that he’s basically on a rehab assignment and will just start on milb homestands, two at A+, then one at AA and AAA and if it goes well he could find his way into the MLB rotation. He had control issues earlier this year but was coming back from injury. Hit 99mph and went 70 pitches yesterday in a nice low level start.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Mengden had a good run for the A’s last year but then fell off and got sent down. In the minors this year he was really good prior to his call up.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Is it time to drop Musgrove for uhhh Lance Lynn?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jones is a pretty low ceiling but safe guy to own, so it depends how much room you have to be patient with higher ceiling guys who are struggling.

Ohtani obviously has been pretty useless so far but personally I wouldn't drop him for Jones yet. He seems to be the kind of guy capable of always adjusting and figuring stuff out, so probably deserves some more time. I'd hold Reyes too because he has a track of sorts to the majors, so until and unless he derails I'd want to watch him along that track. Yu Darvish...? Hmmm. Him I might drop if I needed an average outfielder more than a question mark of a pitcher.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Bregor posted:

Austin Riley :swoon:
when he got called up I told myself, you can't chase every prospect, who are you gonna drop, you don't need his positions, leave him be. Then he hit a homer in his debut and still no one else added him and the temptation was too much, and i grabbed him.

so far it's paid off more than Vlad Jr. who i drafted and held for 3 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

He clearly needs to work some stuff out. Wouldn't blame anyone for moving on, although the physical ability is supposedly still there if you don't have other uses for the roster spot and wanna give him a week or a few to figure it out.

They left him out there for awhile today and he got a bit better as the day went on. Gave up a walk in the 5th and then struck out three batters in a row to presumably end his day with a line of 5IP, 10H, 6ER, 3BB, 9K (95 pitches). 10 hits and 9 Ks is a weird line.