Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I'm probably gonna try to flip Freeman for an OF. As it stands here is my roster with the trade:

C: Yadi
1B: Goldy
2B: Jose Ramirez
3B: Donaldson
SS: Mondesi
OF: Ozuna
OF: Merrifield
OF: Piscotty
UTIL: Freeman
UTIL: Braun
BN: Sano, free spot

SP: Flaherty, Folty, Mikolas, Martinez, Reyes, Gray, Ryu
RP: Davis, Hicks, Strop, Brasier

If you’re gonna move Freeman I’d rather target an SP. Still that trade is great for you though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Give Alex Reyes, get Jose Quintana? Yes? No?

I wouldn't in a shallow league or a keeper/dynasty format.

Super deep redraft or NL-Only, sure.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Just traded Arenado for Acuna in a league I drafted tonight, which gives me:

C Grandal
1B Braun
2B Mondesi
3B Vlad jr.
SS Story
OF Acuña
OF Soto
OF Puig
UTIL Donaldson
UTIL Eloy Jimenez
BN Robles, Tatis jr., Voit

SP Flaherty, Folty, Mikolas, Quintana, Freeland, Josh James, Chacin
RP Strop, Alvarado, Hicks

Not crazy about Braun at 1B, but other than that I feel pretty good about it I think. Pitching could use a little help. Gonna try to trade Robles.

That’s a stacked offense, how many teams in the league?

I’m extremely high on Robles so don’t sell too low for another SP. I like him way more than Eloy for example.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Speed, baby!

Seriously though, Robles will be the Opening Day CF and is an Adam Eaton injury away from batting 1 or 2 in that lineup, and even in the 7 or 8 spot he'll get opportunities for counting stats. I don't think the ChiSox will delay Eloy coming up two weeks into April, but it wouldn't shock me either? If you told me they'd have the same amount of PAs then it comes down to team need at that point, but in a vacuum I'll take the SB upside.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm looking for some keeper advice. I'm in a 12 team H2H points league with a $260 budget auction draft. I can keep between 5 and 9 players, here are my options:

Manny Machado - $35
Gleyber Torres - $10
Miguel Andujar - $10
Mallex Smith - $10
Kyle Tucker - $10
Carlos Santana - $7
Gerrit Cole - $19
Mike Foltynewicz - $5
Ivan Nova - $2
Steven Matz - $8

I'm definitely keeping Machado, Torres, Andujar, Cole, and Folty, probably Nova too (he's not great but I think he's good enough for $2). I'm on the fence about Matz and Santana. I'm optimistic about Matz but he has trouble staying healthy. And Santana is cheap enough, but I think I would rather draft someone better. I also want to keep Smith and Tucker as well, but I think I can just draft them again for a cheaper price. I might be able to draft Matz cheaper too.

I can also commit to Machado for 2 years for a $10 inflation, so $45 for the next two years. Not sure if that's worth it, but that's probably what he'd be going for in the draft anyway.

Someone has also offered me his $2 Scooter Gennett for 2 auction dollars, so it would essentially cost me $4 for him, and I'm considering that. I'm not too familiar with NL players, but I always thought Scooter was underrated, and CBS is pretty high on him too.

Ideally I want as many cheap keepers as possible. I want to go after Trout in the draft and that will take up a lot of my budget, probably at least $55. I think if I keep Machado, Torres, Andujar, Cole, Folty, Nova, and trade for Scooter, that will leave me with $181 to draft with, and that should be plenty if I'm smart about it.

That’s awesome value for Scooter.

I’d keep Machado, Torres, Andujar, Mallex, Cole, and Folty. The rest are fungible at those prices.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

the_american_dream posted:

Anyone here have an Athletic subscription? I really miss Eno Sarris’ stuff and am not sure if he even does fantasy baseball ranks anymore

I do, they launched their fantasy baseball content a while ago and it's awesome. Funston, Ciely, and Salfino write there too.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Started my TGFBI satellite league's slow draft this morning. 15 teams, standard 5x5 roto. Had the 11th pick, went with Altuve and then Story at 20th overall, which is weird since I like a lot of value in the mid-to-late tiers at SS and MI but they were my top guys.

Now to wait two days until I pick again. :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Murderball posted:

Redraft: Garret Hampson and Nick Senzel- should they be owned over Brad Peacock or Seth Lugo?

Definitely and probably?

Hampson should get good playing time and has huge SB upside. There are a lot of ways for him to get a full ride: Murphy injury, Desmond injury, McMahon and/or Rodgers scuffle at AAA, etc. etc.

Senzel is taking most of his reps at CF to get him into the lineup since he's blocked off at 2B/3B, but should be up soon. Also the Reds could move a bat for some pitching help. You can probably leave him in the pool and FAAB him when something opens up though.

Peacock and Lugo are both just extra arms in the pen right now, so really depends on format (starts limits, holds, etc.) I'd like Peacock a lot more if I didn't think Forrest Whitley wasn't lurking to snag the rotation spot Josh James's injury opened up.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Murderball posted:

12 team standard roto. I invested in speed. Turner, Merrifield, Pham, Segura. But then some slowpokes later on.

Do you have an NA or minors roster spot? If not you can probably let Senzel go. I'd keep Hampson and get Peacock.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Do you guys think Hunter Renfroe gets enough AB to be a good pick? I read the Yahoo thing that talked about how often he makes hard contact and that sounds impressive, but it also says he has to beat Franmil Reyes for the job, and I know Reyes has some hype..

Also aside from avoiding Mets pitchers, are there any things I should take great care to avoid? It's just a regular Yahoo head to head.

With Machado signing in SD and Wil Myers back in the OF, I moved down Renfroe, Franmil, and Margot. Expecting all of them to get 300-400 PAs.

And I actually like the Mets' pitchers this year :shrug:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Murderball posted:

This is the year to own Buxton, if ever. His price has absolutely bottomed out. He was being drafted around Justin Upton last year IIRC. That was just a disaster waiting to happen.

Just be careful, on NFBC he was going around pick 180 all the way through the start of spring games. In you filter for drafts just in the last week his ADP has jumped to 146. Amazing what a few at-bats in meaningless games will do.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bregor posted:

Started my TGFBI satellite league's slow draft this morning. 15 teams, standard 5x5 roto. Had the 11th pick, went with Altuve and then Story at 20th overall, which is weird since I like a lot of value in the mid-to-late tiers at SS and MI but they were my top guys.

Now to wait two days until I pick again. :negative:

1.11 Jose Altuve
2.20 Trevor Story
3.41 Cody Bellinger
4.50 Jameson Taillon
5.71 Zack Wheeler
6.80 Eddie Rosario
7.101 Michael Conforto
8.110 Yasmani Grandal

Pitching was going super-early, and I felt a catcher run coming in round 8, but otherwise pretty happy with how things are shaking out.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Murderball posted:

I don't know when it started, but I imagine it took a while

this is me

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bregor posted:

1.11 Jose Altuve
2.20 Trevor Story
3.41 Cody Bellinger
4.50 Jameson Taillon
5.71 Zack Wheeler
6.80 Eddie Rosario
7.101 Michael Conforto
8.110 Yasmani Grandal

Pitching was going super-early, and I felt a catcher run coming in round 8, but otherwise pretty happy with how things are shaking out.

9.131 Madison Bumgarner
10.140 Sean Doolittle
11.161 Andrew Heaney
12.170 Stephen Piscotty

No love for the West Coast! Bumgarner fell super late, and Heaney and Piscotty are pretty well-kept secrets IMO. I guess the Kimbrel-to-DC rumors scared people away from Doolittle? He's really good when he pitches.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I really like Santana as an all-around contributor this year. But Laureano has the better speed upside. Depends on roster construction IMO.

I know a lot of people think Tatis will be up in April but I'm not so sure. If the Fathers start slow they could Super 2 him pretty easily.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Is everyone still using fangraphs steamer for a reliable-ish projection?

I use ATC but yeah all of them are pretty close.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Finished my slow draft tonight, only took twelve days!

1.11 Jose Altuve
2.20 Trevor Story
3.41 Cody Bellinger
4.50 Jameson Taillon
5.71 Zack Wheeler
6.80 Eddie Rosario
7.101 Michael Conforto
8.110 Yasmani Grandal
9.131 Madison Bumgarner
10.140 Sean Doolittle
11.161 Andrew Heaney
12.170 Stephen Piscotty
13.191 Garrett Hampson
14.200 Nick Senzel
15.221 Luke Voit
16.230 Asdrubal Cabrera
17.251 Mike Zunino
18.260 Dellin Betances
19.281 Seranthony Dominguez
20.290 Shin-soo Choo
21.311 AJ Minter
22.320 Ryan Zimmerman
23.341 Drew Steckenrider
24.350 Domingo German
25.371 Ryan McMahon
26.380 Jakob Junis
27.401 Anthony DeSclafani
28.410 Ryon Healy
29.431 Jeremy Jeffress
30.440 Yolmer Sanchez

I kept having OFs and SPs sniped from my queue. :smith: I had originally wanted Bellinger at 1B, but never saw good value for an OF in the middle rounds so I moved him to the OF and took Cabrera/Zimmerman as possible corners while moving Voit to 1B. My pitching staff will likely suck as I only have three starters I trust (Bumgarner scares me but at 131 I thought it was a pretty good gamble regardless). My bullpen should help that some. I think it looks pretty bad on paper but I'm used to 10 or 12 teamers and this is 15, so we'll see I guess.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

coronaball posted:

I have the 1.2 in a 5x5 snake starting in 45 minutes. That is 100% Mookie right?

Yes. It's no fun to say so, and people can get cute with Scherzer or Ramirez or whoever, but every single draft should start Trout-Betts.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

coronaball posted:

And so it did. I started Mookie/Machado/Freeman.

Nice start!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The Pussy Boss posted:

I feel like 3rd pick is a tough spot to be this year. Not sure who I'd take but you could make a case for JDM, Scherzer, Arenado, Lindor...

I love anywhere from 3-6. One of Scherzer, Arenado, JRam, or JDM is such a solid foundation. I have Lindor way down in the 20s but no one else seems to worry that he won't steal bases so :shrug:

Inspector_666 posted:

This is JD Power and Associates:

Castillo at 142 seems like great value, especially with the pitching base you have with deGrom/Nola. You took some hitters earlier that I'd have liked but sometimes you just gotta get your guys. The Olson and Voit picks stand out as good value to me. Nice team.

coronaball posted:

Here is the finished product. 10 team 6x6 ( OPS and Holds) In the first ~10 rounds I took "gently caress pitching" to the extreme.

You took all the bats! Adalberto at 82 is a great gamble. My 15-team I have a similar top three pitchers with Taillon/Wheeler/Bumgarner so I hope you do well!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Thanks! Olson and Castillo were dudes I grabbed when I did just because I was surprised they were still available. I think it was the right call in both cases, I was planning on picking up CJ Cron as my 1B but he got snagged before I had the chance.

Suarez is the only guy who I look at and think "Maybe I should have waited and grabbed Andujar or something," but looking at the names that went between them I'm not too broken up about it. Workload for the non-deGrom/Nola starters is a big question mark, but I'm fine aggressively streaming as the season gets going.

Suarez is one of those guys who's been undervalued since his breakout, so now he's making every bargain list and podcast episode on who to target. The result is his ADP is finally in line with his value. I think that's a fine pick for you there, especially given the surprising lack of depth for both corner infield positions league-wide.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I’d be interested if it’s 5x5 roto.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

ChiTownEddie posted:

12 team 4x4 roto (R, RBI, SB, OPS | IP, ERA, WHIP, K)
Would you rather have Corey Seager at $12 or German Marquez at $9?

Marquez

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Simpsons Reference posted:

What are we doing with Andrew Heaney? Hold or pick up someone like Wacha or Stroman?

I still have Heaney above both those guys, stash him on IL if you can. In most 12-team leagues Wacha and Stroman are streaming territory.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

How are we feeling about Trevor Bauer this year?

Very good. He keeps refining his pitches and I think he’s got a higher ceiling than the SPs going around him.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Ditto on Voit. Boone has said they won't carry two 1B and it looks like he's ahead of Bird, so expect full PT and hitting in the heart of that lineup. I've only had one draft so far (I have four this week, yikes) and got Voit at pick 221. I'm pretty excited.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

But great for my Doolittle picks! (All the Kimbrel rumors are dumb and bad.)

Also had a 12-team 5x5 roto (standard except saves+holds) cash league draft tonight:

1.2 Mookie Betts
2.23 Trevor Story
3.26 Whit Merrifield
4.47 Cody Bellinger
5.50 Patrick Corbin
6.71 Jameson Taillon
7.74 Nelson Cruz
8.95 Victor Robles
9.98 Michael Conforto
10.119 Josh Donaldson
11.122 Zack Wheeler
12.143 Raisel Iglesias
13.146 David Robertson
14.167 Kyle Hendricks
15.170 Garrett Hampson
16.191 Eduardo Rodriguez
17.194 Ramon Laureano
18.215 Austin Meadows
19.218 Domingo Santana
20.239 Alex Reyes
21.242 Jesus Luzardo
22.263 Seranthony Dominguez
23.266 Ryan McMahon
24.287 Brian Anderson
25.290 Welington Castillo
26.311 Matt Strahm
27.314 Lewis Brinson
28.335 Domingo German

Love my speed upside, but felt like I had to reach for Corbin since pitching was going fast. Can't believe Donaldson fell that far, 3B is a wasteland.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

There goes my reasonable price for Domingo Santana for my auctions tonight and Friday :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Simpsons Reference posted:

Who to drop for Rasiel Iglesias in a H2H standard league?

Justin Smoak, Garret Hampson, or Jordan Hicks?

Smoak, low average guys with pop aren’t too hard to find.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

ChiTownEddie posted:

Last I heard McMahon would be a util player. I need to remember to keep track of sources.

Fantasy Baseball 2019: The Hampson/McMahon Gambit

Bregor
May 31, 2013

What's the deal with Matt Olson? I have him for a $2 keeper which I'm fine with but it seems like his hand injury is something more serious so I'm considering targeting another 1B early.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Done with all my auctions/drafts, five total. My multiples:

3: Zack Wheeler, Domingo Santana (yay early drafts), Seranthony Dominguez, Garrett Hampson, Ryan McMahon

2: Max Scherzer, Chris Sale, Jose Altuve, Trevor Story, Cody Bellinger, Anthony Rendon, Eddie Rosario, Victor Robles, Jameson Taillon, Michael Brantley, Michael Conforto, Nick Pivetta, Nick Senzel, Austin Meadows, Eduardo Rodriguez, Tyler Glasnow, Luke Voit, Yusei Kikuchi, Domingo German, a bunch of poo poo closers

Oh and Matt Olson on two ILs :negative:

Anyway I like my guys and most of the three-leagues list was pretty cheap. Just need Wheeler to stay healthy.

oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo

Bregor
May 31, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Would Rhys Hoskins for Garret Cole be a fair trade? I want Cole and hope this is a fair offer.

Fair but depends on team need, I doubt they'd consider it without a strong staff otherwise.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Put the players on the IL already :argh:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

All you Greg Bird truthers, he's starting on Opening Day. Voit to DH.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Speaking of the IL, I already have something of a quandry. This is 12-team H2H, with the following scoring cats:

Batting: AVG, OBP, SLG, R, HR, RBI, SB
Pitching: W, L, K, QS, ERA, WHIP, SV (28 weekly IP min)

We upped to 3 IL slots this year by majority vote (thank gently caress) and I have the following guys already listed as DTD and who will open the season on the IL:
Matt Olson
Scooter Gennett
Dellin Betances
Jeremy Jeffress

Now my first question is, am I insane for considering just cutting Olson entirely? I have Voit on the team (and guys like Belt, McMahon, and Alonso are available as FAs) and it's going to be what, 3+ months before he's back and potentially with a loss of power?

Second and potentially actually more importantly, what the heck am I gonna do about Scooter? I currently have Ketel Marte plugged in at 2B, and I did not draft Marte to be my everyday second baseman. Both McMahon and Hampson are available but neither has 2B eligibility on ESPN as of opening day. It looks like McMahon will probably play more given their platoon sides, or should I go with somebody "safer" like Adam Frazier who will be the everyday 2B?

On the pitching end, I was planning on replacing one guy with Matt Strahm and the other with ???, but if I did that my only RP would be Jose Alvarado and Kirby Yates. Given that the only RP stat the really matters is saves, I think I can live with that given how many strikeouts a guy like Strahm should be able to generate, but it still rubs me the wrong way and means I would have 4 Padres (Lucchesi, Paddack, Yates, Strahm.) Romo is still available but he sucks and the Marlins suck, and there aren't really any other guys in there who I think can vulture saves with semi-regularity (that was supposed to be Jeffress' job.)

If I dropped Oslon and IL'd everybody else I think I would pick up McMahon and wait until he gets 2B elig, then start him there, and pick up Strahm and Ryan Pressly to replace the pitching losses. Does that seem sound?

I would drop one of Betances or Jeffress. In H2H the setup guys are nice, especially with Betances's K rate, but you can probably snag either one in a couple weeks, especially if Pressly is available.

Also get Alonso and McMahon ASAP.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

https://twitter.com/MandyBell02/status/1110969659765993472

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Also I should have clarified that I meant Yonder Alonso, Peter Alonso got snagged the day after the draft.

Never mind :smith:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Is Alonso worth dropping Braun? He's my most droppable offensive player.

I'm bullish on Braun this year, mostly just depends on positional need IMO. (Unless it's Yahoo then I like Braun's 1B/OF eligibility.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

It's finally here.

Good luck everybody.