Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Does anyone have an opening for an auction keeper league? I am a very very active and engaged and experienced fantasy player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I have a competitive 12-team $75 buy-in keeper league and a team is open to be taken over! Teams get 6 keepers. Roto. Standard live draft.

R, H, HR, RBI, AVG, OBP, SLG, SB
IP, SV, HLD, QS, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9

Let me know if anyone is interested! This league is fun!!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

resident posted:

What site and when’s the draft? I’d be interested if it’s on yahoo or fantrax.

Yahoo! Should I PM you?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

resident posted:

That works for me!

I forgot I don't have PM's... maybe email?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I have a competitive 12-team $50 buy-in keeper league and a team is open to be taken over! Teams get 6 keepers. Roto. Standard live draft.

R, H, HR, RBI, AVG, OBP, SLG, SB
IP, SV, HLD, QS, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9 (4 mandatory SP slots)

Let me know if anyone is interested! This league is fun - lots of friends of mine who I've known for years and another goon or two as well!

Looks like the draft will be Sat March 23. I have a goon on standby but he can't really make the draft, so I would feel bad about him paying for the league. If anyone is looking for a really active trash-talky keeper league, respond to this with your email!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I still really really need one person for a $50 buy in keeper Roto Yahoo league. Everyone is active and trash talky and you would be taking over a team with solid keepers. Draft is Sun March 23 I believe.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

The Pussy Boss posted:

Any of yall interested in doing a goon cash league? Thinking Yahoo, 5x5, and $20, but open to other ideas.

I have a $50 cash keeper league already going and need just one more team. Somebody join my league...

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

How bad is the team I'd inherit? What are the keeper/draft rules?

I miss having a keeper auction team...

I will post the roster here tonight. You get six keepers. ROTO. Standard live draft. Lots of activity. Draft is Sunday March 23 11am Pacific.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

How bad is the team I'd inherit? What are the keeper/draft rules?

I miss having a keeper auction team...

OK, so your only six real options are:

Freeman
Segura
Haniger
Kluber
Carrasco
Hader

The pitching keepers are great but after Freeman, the hitting is pretty terrible for keepers. Let me know what you wanna do. It's a super fun league and fantasy is won via trades/waivers anyway.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

Just finished the draft for my big money league, H2H 7x7 (OBP+SLG/QS+L.) I'm kind of meh on it I think, but pick 286 is incredibly important.

This is JD Power and Associates:

EDIT: I reached accidentally on Kikuchi, I forgot to remove a dang filter in the draft list.

Sure, I'll jump in, when's the draft?

I missed this! Awesome!

The draft is March 23. It's at 11am PT on Saturday.

Email me at worldsbestbrent@gmail.com.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

Mejia probably should get the job but he could legitimately use more defensive work and even with Manny I doubt the Dads feel like they gotta go whole hog on trying to win it all this year. I would be surprised if he didn't get a call up this year but who knows when it'll come.

He was in my queue but went in the 20th, which is late but was still too soon for me given that I plan on leaving Willians in the lineup every day for the entire season now even if he doesn't play, since any other C option will likely be a net negative for every stat.

Shoot me an email when you can about my league. Draft is Sat the 23rd at 11am PT.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, was gonna shoot one when I got home from work, but the 23rd is pretty much the only weekend this month I can't be around for a draft, so I gotta bow out.

Ah drat OK

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, was gonna shoot one when I got home from work, but the 23rd is pretty much the only weekend this month I can't be around for a draft, so I gotta bow out.

We are moving it to Sun the 24th. Still no good?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Can I not transfer teams to a new owner once it is converted to cash league??

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

What is the Voit consensus?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

drat I didn't know he was hitting cleanup. Sheeeeeit

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

So McMahon is the everyday 1B in Colorado?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Are people really that high on Domingo to give up a potential 15hr/50sb guy for him?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I am keeping Trout, JRam, and Mondesi in my Roto league. The HR/steals combo is already insane.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Fuckin Jose Ramirez carted off the field during my draft and he's a keeper god dammit

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I am high on Franmil too. 30 homers incoming!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Why would the Cardinals not trade Martinez? Instead of letting a .300 AVG and .850 OPS bat go to waste?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

jabro posted:

No one in the front office has him on their fantasy team.

Surely he could fetch something back of need though. He is a proven good bat.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

gently caress that sucks

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Thank god for Austin Meadows and Tyler Glasnow

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

In a league which counts SV, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/9, K/BB, IP, and QS, is there any sense in having starting pitchers?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

IcePhoenix posted:

if there's an innings minimum for your weekly scores to count you'll want one or maybe two top shelf pitchers

otherwise no

Its ROTO and not H2H.

Although there are four SP slots so I'd need relievers who can take up that space

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 20, 2019

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Someone dropped Nelson Cruz in my league - the competitive buy-in league. Who picked him up to immediately enjoy his 4-5 with a homerun night? Last year's champion, who was in second at the time.

Anywho, what's Jose Alvarado's deal? Is he the closer? He has 4 saves but he's been getting holds lately. He's pretty nasty and I'm close to getting him in a trade for Tyler Glasnow (it's a league where starters have way less value than relievers, the only starter exclusive category is QS and the scoring is heavy on rate stats). I figure even if he gets holds (holds is a category) instead of saves he should have a dominant year.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

What is the consensus on Correa? Aside from injury risks? Seems to me like he is quietly putting up an OPS around .850 and hitting more line drives and less grounders. Still K's a ton but I feel like he is a good buy-low.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Would you do this trade? This is the ROTO league in which I am changing my strategy and punting starting pitchers.

AVG, OBP, SLG, H, R, HR, RBI, SB
IP, QS, SV, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9

I would give:
Clayton Kershaw
Tyler Glasnow

I would get:
Jose Alvarado
Daniel Murphy

I would still have Price and Flaherty to trade. Here is my roster if I made this trade:

C: Astudillo
1B: Voit
2B: JRamirez
3B: Suarez
SS: Mondesi
CI: Bruce
MI: Murphy
OF: Trout
OF: Markakis
OF: Soto
Util: FReyes
Util: E Escobar
DL: Meadows (would replace Escobar or Bruce upon return)
BN: Smith Jr (will drop)

SP: Price
SP: Flaherty
SP: Guerra
SP: CFerguson
RP: Leclerc
RP: Alvarado
P: Barnes
P: Burdi
P: Neris
P: HRondon
BN: Urias
BN: Matz (gonna drop soon)
DL: Betances

This would give me an elite bullpen I think - I would probably try to deal Flaherty and Price for an even better hitting upgrade.

Am I not asking enough back?

Basically, my only hitch is that Murphy is coming back from a broken finger and that might affect his hitting. But he always hits for average and he's playing in Coors. And despite some control issues, Alvarado is awesome.

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 23, 2019

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

DGladding posted:

JMO, but I think that trade has the potential to hurt you real bad.

I have Alvarado and I like him. You're right, he's got great stuff. But to me Murphy's about as exciting as watching paint dry. Yay, great on base skills, but there's almost 0 chance you get 20 homers or double digit steals.

Meanwhile, this might be the worst time to try and sell Clayton Kershaw in his career. I remember when Verlander was running on fumes with the Tigers and everyone said he was done and you could get him for a song and a Sam Fuld. To me Kershaw is in potentially a similar spot. He was once known as the greatest starting pitcher on the planet and although his career is at a crossroads because of the injuries, he's still only 31.

Not only that, but you're also throwing in a younger starter who has been hotter than anyone. I'd be more inclined to deal Glasnow than Kershaw at this moment personally, but I do think you could do much better.

It's tough - this league values starters less than anyone and the other teams know it, so it's very hard to deal even Kershaw or Glasnow for a B+ hitter.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

DGladding posted:

Yeah, I don't really get that.

I've never played IP before, is that a negative stat? It seems to me like with QS you'd want some horses. Good starters have much more of a positive impact on your team ERA and WHIP than relievers due to volume.

It's true that starters pitch more innings but a dominant reliever's rate stats are so much better than guys like Price and Glasnow and Flaherty will wind up with - the strategy I am going for is punting quality starts and trying to win saves, holds, and all the rate stat categories, while also being in the mix for IP if I have several relievers going for me every night. IP is just a counting stat, so even if I'm middle of the pack there and 2nd to last in QS (someone has already employed the relievers-only strategy and they're in first, leading in all the rate stats) and I think it's a good idea to follow suit rather than rely on starting pitching, which seems almost completely random so far. I'm last in ERA despite having four excellent pitchers, plus Matz, plus a good bullpen.

Pitchers are volatile as hell. Kershaw has injury risks associated with him. I'm dangling Kershaw and Glasnow and Price in trade talks and nobody wants starting pitchers if it means they have to give up an A- hitter or reliever because starters aren't as valuable.

I think Murphy will probably hit 20 homeruns in Coors and is a lock to hit .300 if he's healthy the rest of the year. I'll withhold accepting and keep trying to shop around but I think my options are grim.

The guy who offered me this deal wouldn't upgrade to Correa nor would he do Alvarado for either Kershaw or Glasnow 1-for-1.

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 23, 2019

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

I think you should ask for more from Glasnow and Kershaw but the offer you have isn't necessarily bad, especially in a redraft.

Yeah, it's a keeper league with six keepers but I doubt I keep either of those two. Maybe I'm just getting too frustrated too early, but I've had several years in a row of not placing top 5 and I don't have time for this, haha! My hitters need to wake up and my pitching has been strangely awful because I've been "playing matchups" and it has backfired. Also, starters seldom even go 6 or 7 innings anymore, they're babied by managers and I've had instances this season where a pitcher who has been dominant for 5 innings gets two outs in the 6th and then allows a hit and a walk, is at 100 pitches, and gets yanked, so I don't get the QS.

I think dealing with starters is stress-inducing when it comes to managing fantasy baseball teams and I would rather just have an army of really good relievers and better hitting at this point.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

DGladding posted:

My take would be a little different.

Since the rest of the league is putting a tremendous value on RP because they want those K rates and SV+HLD, I would try and win the other categories. They're just as valuable, but because starters have been getting hammered in the early going (not just starters BTW, of which you're fully aware as a LeClerc owner) their perceived value is lower in your format.

I would try and get as many high k innings eaters as I could and then try and hit on 8th inning guys and punt saves if I had to. Seems like the better bet given your existing team, league's perceptions, etc. But do you man. Just my .02, I don't like that deal for you.

Every good reliever is taken in my league and most teams still have several very good starters. Trying to win innings and quality starts at the expense of 6 rate stats seems like a bad idea to me.

I agree that I have cold feet on Murphy and I will try to get a better deal for my starters, but this is a competitive league and my trade options feel restricted.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

DGladding posted:

My take has always been if you are negotiating from a position (or perception) of weakness, you've lost and are only making your team worse by trading.

What you want to do is negotiate from a position of strength, even if you need to flip the table to get there.

If that's totally impossible than it's the wrong time to trade and you need to make a partner with the wire where it makes sense.

If all the 8th inning guys who get heavy k/9 are gone than scoop up some high k/9 relievers who aren't getting holds right now but could move up. They can't possibly have every one of these guys.

I have good relievers already. Unfortunately, Betances and Burdi both have long term injuries. You have a good point regarding leverage though.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Leclerc jesus gently caress

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Mollymauk posted:

Out as the closer now.

I have Shawn Kelley for saves but man Leclerc being dogshit makes my bullpen just average instead of really good. If he loses the job I will have to drop him I think.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Edit: he should be dropped yes?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Wasn't Snell nasty before his injury?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Joey Votto went 0-for-7 today.