Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Someone in my league changed their team name to Syndergaarden Cop and I lolled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Zack Wheeler is available in a twelve teamer, picking him up is a definite "yes," right?

I know his ERA is ugly right now, but the Yahoo blurb said he was still touching 98 so it's not a velo issue.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Scherzer what is you doing?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Might need him to pinch hit!

What about his elbow? You hit the ball with a bat, not your arms.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

After bouncing back and forth against my opponent my team had a HUGE weekend, I won 8-0-2 and jumped from third to first.

Hell yeah.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Josh. loving. Bell. What a waivers pickup.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Inspector_666 posted:

I went from down 0-13-1 last week on Thursday to winning 8-6-0. :feelsgood:

I was down either 2-7 or 3-7 almost all week, but close, had a monster Sunday and won 7-2. Went from three games behind first to a four game lead.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Randomly checked and I have 5 of the top 25 overall players in my league. Plus seven others in the top-100.

Scherzer, #5, first round
JOSH BELL, #9, FA
Rendon, #14, fourth round
Hader, #16, ninth round
Muncy, #24, eleventh round

With an even distribution in a 12 teamer, you'd have an average of 8.3 top-100 players. Pretty pleased with that.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Scherzer to the IL retroactive to the 10th.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I've only had him on my DL all god damned season!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

gently caress Josh Bell's 0 HR and 5 RBI in the last month.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The top of my league (5x5 H2H) has been super competitive this year. After spending most of the year in first place, the last five or six weeks have seen 1-3 trading positions.

I'm in second, five games back of first and a game ahead of third going into the week. Halfway through the week first place looks like they're going to go 6-4, 7-3, same for me and third place jumps out HUGE to a 10-0 week.

I thought I was going to miss the bye week (six team playoffs), then first place freefalls to 2-8, third place holds at 10-0 and someway somehow I wound up winning 10-0 as well to take over first place and hold a one game lead.

Second regular season title in a row, looking for a second consecutive playoff victory as well.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Giancarlo is active and batting #5 tonight :getin:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The OF wire is poo poo in my league and I'll happily roll the dice with him over Anthony Santander.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Out in the semifinals ending my bid at back to back regular and post season championships.

I'm still happy with a regular season repeat and final four playoff loss, since in the 9 years prior to that I was always in the back half of the league.

Now I gotta get this drat trophy engraved for this year's winner and send it to him :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Inspector_666 posted:

Pitching was an absolute fuckshow this year, and the end-of-season roster choices really did seem to get brought to a new level.

If the ball stays juiced the market inefficiency is getting middling, inning-eating pitchers with sub-4.00 ERAs mid-late in the draft instead of spending too much outside of the few real aces.

Same for relievers and saves if your league does holds or NSVH.