Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So I've been out of fantasy baseball since 2015 and really have barely watched baseball period in a few years though I do keep up with news, watch highlights, read about prospects, etc. A buddy is getting into a new dynasty league with some local people and asked me to co-manage with him.

For you dynasty guys, other than draft rankings, etc, what kinds of strategies do you shoot for? Go for it in year 1? Look for 2-3 years down the road? Little bit of both?

I'm doing a bunch of research and feeling very lost at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Don't stream against the Twins :v:

Also, never do a little bit of both. That way lies always finishing middle of the pack. Pick one and commit, because there will always be people doing the other.

I actually find going for it to be more successful, especially on league startup, because so many people go into ASSETS fever. Just remember, Flags Fly Forever.

Yeah this is what I'm thinking too.

Its 25 man rosters and then 5 NA slots, so prospects are going to have not a huge impact in my opinion. Certainly important but not the most important thing. My buddy is trying to go all in on that, and I feel like we're better off getting talented youth that's already in the league, filling it out with some low risk veterans, and then doing the best we can on prospects after that.