Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The Sunday night game is going to start at 7 instead of 8 now. That makes a big difference for H2H.

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/sunday-night-baseball-espn-7pm-start.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

they'll be hitting in CBP so that's good

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

If you own Sandoval you are probably in last place.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

If you were in the fire and forget league last year I reupped it so please tell me in post in the league home if you want to play again or want out so I can refill it and set a draft time.

I am out, I'm still burnt out on fantasy from last year so I'm just doing 1 league and nothing else this year probably.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

He's #11 on Yahoo. He'd probably be the first player taken if you don't keep him.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm going to end up keeping Buxton again because I'm a big dumb idiot and then also cut bait with Sano and then Sano is going to end up actually being good again and Buxton will continue to do nothing.

Just draft Buxton. He goes for like $2? Him, Sano and the Twins are all going to suck though, sorry.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Gary Sanchez is hitting .091

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Kimbrel needs to sign somewhere, the bum.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Jay Bruce could be a good cheap pickup. He hit 33 HR in 2016, 36 in 2017, then he played hurt for the first half of last year so he was lovely. But he went on the DL for 2 months and when he came back he hit 6 home runs in the last 5 weeks. He's also a lefty so he's a good platoon guy. And he has a 1.252 OPS in spring.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Monday_ posted:

I came in 2nd in both my leagues last year and hadn't heard of Juan Soto until a few weeks ago.

I have no idea how this happens.

You're probably like me and just forgetting poo poo. I had to look up Trevor RIchards after he had a good game last week because I didn't know anything about him. Later I saw I had him on my roster last year.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I would hold onto the guy who was on pace for 30/60 last year. Santana is very low ceiling. You can probably get his production off waivers.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

i'd just drop marwin

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

So Jose Martinez is a bench player now? I missed the memo on that one.

they have some guy called Goldschmidt at first now

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Schweinhund posted:

Jay Bruce could be a good cheap pickup. He hit 33 HR in 2016, 36 in 2017, then he played hurt for the first half of last year so he was lovely. But he went on the DL for 2 months and when he came back he hit 6 home runs in the last 5 weeks. He's also a lefty so he's a good platoon guy. And he has a 1.252 OPS in spring.

I will toot my own horn. 5 homers in his first 10 games.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

That's why I drafted an established closer who I know will close, Craig Kimbrel!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

The Astros are super deep in pitching. They have Josh James and Framber Valdez as their #6 and #7 sp. No way he comes up soon.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Astudillo is hitting 3rd tonight and starting at first base. They're surely going to keep starting him since he's one of their best hitters.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Autodraft is only really bad when there's 1 or 2 teams not playing and they get stuck with all the unwanted players. If everyone autodrafted most teams would be fine, there wouldn't be a mess to fix. And the draft is the most fun part of fantasy.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I'm probably dropping Miggy soon since a) even when he was hitting homers the last few years he was only on pace for like 25. b) his sprint speed is sub Bartolo Colon slow so he's not going to be getting a lot of runs. and c)the Tigers offense sucks. So he has limited upside.

And Matt Olson is one of the best platoon guys out there. Just bench him against lefties.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I want to be encouraged by Miggy but his homer barely scraped over the 335 foot sign https://twitter.com/WillAlexReyes/status/1121977873005518848

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

The A's said Lou Trivino is "too important" to put on the IL. He's been day to day since April 17th.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Reynaldo Lopez struck out 14 batters in 6 innings.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

i don't think I've ever had a trade accepted after 24 hours. If it goes longer than that they either cancel it or just let it sit there forever. So I just cancel them after 24 hours now.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

Kimbrel been dropped in any of y'alls redraft leagues?
He is 77% owned on Yahoo. He should sign after the draft which is June 5th. So it's almost the point where you should be picking him up if he was available.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

He's been slumping actually and has a .814 OPS for the year. He has always been a streaky player. He'll probably get on a hot streak sometime soon, then you should trade him.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

It's definitely a good trade. I'm just saying if he heats up it's a good idea to sell high because he won't keep it up. Don't be like that guy where you're going to want to dump him for Eric Hosmer when he starts slumping again.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

thanks to my opponent for streaming Leblanc tonight. 4 HR in 2.1 innings. :thumbsup:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Every year there's pitchers who all the writers/bloggers say are going to be good, even though they've always been mediocre or bad, and they end up being bad. Guys like Jon Gray, Jeff Samardzija, Jason Hammel, This year it's Tyler Skaggs.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Travis Shaw has started to hit a little in the minors the last few games. http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=543768#/career/R/hitting/2019/ALL He's supposed to be back next week.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Hiura demoted :argh:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

a mild case of aids

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

My cheap closer decided to take a month long vacation in Venezuela.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Eovaldi is going to be used as a closer when he comes off the DL reportedly.

Also not sure of this but I think Mondesi might be back tomorrow.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

gently caress Kimbrel so much I swear

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Looking forward to the Rays waiting 5 days to put Alvarado on the IL.

BTW remember next week is 2 weeks on Yahoo H2H so don't blow through all your moves.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 8, 2019

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Just hope no one breathes on him funny or he'll hit the 60 day IL.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Gary Sanchez is poo poo again :'(

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Danny Salazar

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

you might want to add Aristides Aquino...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

update: definitely add Aristides Aquino