Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

gently caress pitching. Especially that pitcher you like, he sucks and is gonna get shelled this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Any of yall interested in doing a goon cash league? Thinking Yahoo, 5x5, and $20, but open to other ideas.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I see that ESPN fantasy is the latest web site to uglify itself to look better on mobile or w/e.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I feel like 3rd pick is a tough spot to be this year. Not sure who I'd take but you could make a case for JDM, Scherzer, Arenado, Lindor...

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

coronaball posted:

Someone wants to give me Schoop for my Devers. Seems like a fairly lateral move, but Villar is my only 2B eligible player whereas I have 3 3B eligible players (Suarez, Profar, and Devers). So I'm leaning yes simply because of that.

Schoop has been a better hitter so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a better hitter in 2019. OTOH Devers is just 22 and was a top prospect. Think it's fair to say his ceiling is higher. I think in a vacuum I'd rather have Devers, but it's not a horrible trade.

FWIW Devers seems to be going around pick 140-160 in redraft, while Schoop is being drafted in the 180-190 range.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'd still love to do a redraft cash league with some of you goons. Thinking about the weekend of the 23rd/24th, because drafting early sucks, and who cares about the Japan games. If no one's interested, no biggie, I'm gonna do 3 or 4 pro leagues anyway, but it'd be fun to play against you guys.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I like Heaney but I think his ceiling is #2/3 starter and a 3.5 ERA . If he's on the DL IL to start the season I think he's a safe drop in shallower leagues, but I'd hold if I could.

I'll pass on Stroman who doesnt strike anyone out and pitches in the AL East. Don't know enough about Wacha to have an opinion

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/JeffFletcherOCR/status/1107327563007823872

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Jose Valasquez posted:

Fantasy season snuck up on me this year and my usual league seems to be falling apart due to a lack of interest. How competitive/active are Yahoo Pro leagues?

Pro Leagues are competitive. Everyone's done their research and if like, a prospect gets called up, someone adds him within minutes after the news breaks. They're fun leagues imo

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ChiTownEddie posted:

Rich Hill cracks me up. Starting on the IL with MCL strain.

I steadfastly avoided Rich Hill all last year, even when he was on waivers. But I couldn't pass on him in round 22 or w/e this year, because what a great value!

Never again, lol.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

So pissed I accidentally drafted Ryu instead of Chicken Strip in the fire and forget league. At least I grabbed him in my money one.

Ryu is better though.

Also heads up, with Hill on the IL, Julio Urias is in the rotation to start the season.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm all in on Adalberto Mondesi this year. Monster fantasy season incoming. I will reach for him in drafts without hesitation.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

What round should I target Tatis Jr. in a draft?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Drafted a Pro League last night. 12 team auction. In parentheses is how much I spent (out of a $260 budget).

C: Astudillo (1)
1B: Voit (11)
2B: Gleyber (17)
SS: Lindor (34)
3B: Carlos Santana (3)
OF: Trout (66)
OF: Billy Hamilton (7)
OF: Nimmo (1)
UTIL: Mondesi (34)
UTIL: JoMart (1)
BE: Laureano (1)
BE: Ohtani(Batter) (1)

Thor (30)
Buehler (22)
Kershaw (17)
Maeda (3)
Kikuchi (2)
Derek Holland (1)
Chacin (1)

Alvarado (2)
Romo (1)
Ryan Pressly (1)
Betances (1)

I think I did OK considering this was my first auction draft in years. I didn't mean to go with a stars and scrubs strategy, but it worked out that way. Probably overpaid for Trout considering that Mookie went for $53, Arenado for $45, etc. Scherzer went for $40, I would've bid up to ~$45 but I lagged at the wrong time. The top closers went for $20, so I decided on the fly to get my RPs from the bargain bin. Hope Astudillo is legit, Grandal lasted very late in the draft and got bid up to $15. And this one jerk saved some money and got the late round SPs I wanted (Ryu, Peacock, Urias) :argh:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Oh for gently caress's sake

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

There's a case for cutting Matt Olson. You could get squeezed for DL slots if you try to hold him and Gennett for 2+ months, because as always, there will be other injuries. I think I would keep him though and drop one of the setup men. I like Betances better but Jeffress probably gets more save opps this year. IDK

I think we're all waiting to see how the Rockies lineup shakes out. McMahon and Hampson could both get PT at 2nd and elsewhere. I dont think McMahon is guaranteed to get 500+ PAs

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Maybe not a good sign when my catcher in one league isn't playing on opening day?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

12 team redraft (Yahoo Pro League). I have 2 DL slots that'll be taken by Kershaw and Lindor for awhile. Should I use a roster spot on Ohtani (batter) or drop him for some waiver scrub who'll actually play (eg. JBJ, Bauers, Lourdes Gurriel, etc)?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Just drafted another auction pro league and I think I did OK? Everyone was overpaying for the top guys, like wayyy overpaying. In the 2nd half on the draft I was the only one with any budget left, so I got all the mid-tier guys I wanted. BUT I hosed up though because I had $33 left over :ughh: But it was insane how cheaply I got guys like Bumgarner ($3), Ryu ($3) Tatis Jr ($2) etc at the end...

12 team $260 budget

C: Ramos ($4)
1B: Voit ($5)
2B: Gleyber ($25)
SS: Mondesi ($23)
3B: Andujar ($15)
OF: Eloy ($9)
OF: Brantley ($5)
OF: Mallex Smith ($1)
UT: Matt Chapman ($4)
UT: Travis Shaw ($3)
BE: Tatis Jr. ($2)

Verlander ($41)
Buehler ($25)
Kershaw ($14)
Morton ($5)
Bumgarner ($3)
Ryu ($3)
Urias ($1)
Peacock ($1)

Hader ($16)
Alvarado ($9)
Will Smith ($9)
Robertson ($4)

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Astudillo with a nice debut: a couple doubles, sac fly, and a hbp. 2 R, 2 RBI.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

missed out on Paddack. too many good young arms to keep track of

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

So Jose Martinez is a bench player now? I missed the memo on that one.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Gary Sanchez dingered yesterday and again today. I'm still a believer and it was sweet drafting him at a discount (I think he was a steal in round 7/8 where I got him).

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I have 1st waiver in a late drafting league. Do I want Alonso or Corbin Burnes?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

I have 1st waiver in a late drafting league. Do I want Alonso or Corbin Burnes?

Update: Got em both because only 6 of 12 players made a waiver claim in the first waiver period of the season :psyduck: I somehow joined a pro league filled with idiots, but I'm not complaining

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

jabro posted:

Serious answer. They are paying him dirt cheap and what they get in return won't match that. Like you said he is a proven bat and can give Goldy days off while DHing the AL games.

True, and playoff teams need bench bats. Look how deep a team like the Dodgers is.

I dunno, I took JoMart with my last pick in a draft, I didn't think he was gonna play everyday, but I expected more than one start a week.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

anyone else keeping an eye on Sale's velo tonight to see if he needs to be sold immediately?

I'm not worried about his velo. That said if he sucks again tonight, people won't be lining up to trade for him either, unless you're selling for pennies on the dollar.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Can I drop David Robertson? Is he still the favorite for saves ROS?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Please do not troll, in the fantasy base ball thread :colbert:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Not that I own any shares of Corbin, he was insanely overdrafted in the leagues I'm in

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

on another note, espn's new site is beyond trash. they gotta get this nonsense fixed soon. boyd's performance isn't even showing up for me, no active stats pages, the fantasycast doesn't work after 5min, and even when it does the layout makes zero sense

just atrocious

It's ugly, slow, and clunky. I seriously hate it. Cant believe I'm saying this but Yahoo is wayyyyy better than ESPN now.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Christian Walker, the guy who replaced Goldy in AZ, is off to a hot start. Anything to see here? Guy hit 32 bombs in AAA a couple years ago.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/alannarizzo/status/1113218202534785024

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

fawning deference posted:

gently caress that sucks

I'm not worried as a Urias owner. The Dodgers have several injury-prone SPs and they love to phantom DL IL their pitchers too. He'll rejoin the rotation at some point, and as an RP, he might just turn into a Hader-esque long relief ace. Hold hold hold.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I might do a 2 for 1 like that in a 14 team league with nothing but trash on the waiver wire. Not in a 10-teamer though, unless you really love Carp.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Joined another pro league because why not. 12 teams, standard 5x5, snake draft.

C: Realmuto
1B: Goldy
2B: Ryan McMahon
SS: Kiké Hernandez
3B: Astudillo
OF: Yelich
OF: Robles
OF: Mallex Smith
UT: Voit
UT: Piscotty
BE: Pete Alonso

SP: Thor, Buehler, Clevinger, Ryu, Urias, Peacock, Corbin Burnes, Brandon Woodruff
RP: Hader, Yates, Swarzak, Ottavino

Pretty happy with this. Drafted Realmuto over Sanchez, since I already own Gary in 2 leagues, and immediately regretted it. There were a few autodrafters so Trea, Lindor, etc went for full price. I know I'm thin at 2B/SS/3B, especially since La Tortuga doesn't play everyday - yet. I had to grab him though, I kind of love Astudillo and its nice to have a viable backup C. Swarzak may be a flash in the pan but he was my 2nd to last pick so w/e. Got some players that I don't own anywhere else (Goldy, Yelich, Realmuto, Clevinger) which is cool. Mondesi went at pick 52 :eyepop: - this is the 1st league where I didn't get him.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Any opinions on when Forrest Whitley will be up? Should we stash him in redraft?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Any chance Clint Frazier hits well enough to stick with the Yankees when Stanton comes back? Maybe he takes some of Gardner's playing time, or Bird gets sent down and Stanton DHs more?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

My favorite part of fantasy baseball is when all of my players start dying at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Does ESPN just not tell you if your hitters are in the lineup? I mean I always doublecheck with rotowire anyway, but that is pretty basic info that every fantasy site should give you.