Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

IcePhoenix posted:

If you were in the fire and forget league last year I reupped it so please tell me in post in the league home if you want to play again or want out so I can refill it and set a draft time.

I would like to remember to draft more than my last 5 picks this year so count me in.

I'm finishing up a 20 person, 40 man roster $360 budget auction league right now. Roto 6x6 scoring (OPS, HLD extra),min 1040 IP. People went loving nuts spending the first few rounds so I had to go along with it. I loved seeing the people with no restraint spend $260+ on 5 players, and now struggling to fill their active slots with hitters that will actually get more than 150 PAs. My primary strategy was to get well rounded hitters, use relievers that pitch 60+ innings to win ratios/saves/holds, and not overpay for wins or steals.

C - Beef Welington - $2
1B - Rizzo - $50
2B - Cesar Hernandez - $11
3B - Travis Shaw - $22
SS - Trevor Story - $50
OF1 - Rhys Hoskins - $45
OF2 - Andrew McCutcheon - $17
OF3 - Ryan Braun - $11
OF4 - Ian Happ - $5
OF5 - Scott Schebler - $4
CI - Ryan McMahon - $4
MI - Elvis Andrus - $8
Ut - Roman Quinn - $1
Bench - Ji-Man Choi - $1
Bench - Clint Frazier - $2
Bench - Brandon Lowe - $1
Bench - David Fletcher - $1
Bench - Nolan Gorman - $2
Bench - Jazz Chisholm - $1
Bench - Travis Swaggerty - $1

P - Andrew Miller - $16
P - Felipe Vazquez - $14
P - Sean Doolittle - $10
P - Jeurys Familia - $4
P - Taylor Rogers - $3
P - Seth Lugo - $4
P - Jesse Chavez - $1
P - Lou Trivino - $1
P - Reyes Moronta - $1
P - Yu Darvish - $21
Bench - Luis Castillo - $19
Bench - Tyler Glasnow - $8
Bench - Joey Lucchesi - $8
Bench - Brent Honeywell - $5
Bench - Jerad Eickhoff - $1
Bench - Shelby Miller - $1
Bench - Eric Lauer - $1
Bench - Dustin May - $1
Bench - Jon Duplantier - $1
Bench - Jose Suarez - $1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

In dynasty leagues I’m drafting Kirilloff late for when when BSOHL Buxton still can’t hit.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Yes, if you can get a decent backup OF off waivers.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Probably depends a lot on league type and categories, but I like Robles' synergy with the team a bit better as an additional source of SB.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

$4 for Scooter is a no brainer IMO. I also feel like $10 for Kyle Tucker is a bit overpriced.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Murderball posted:

What are the chances Brasier ends up closing?

I have a need for speed in one of my leagues and someone dropped Mallex Smith. It's down to Brasier, Trevor Williams, Colome, or Gregorius, and I think Brasier may be the one to cut

I'm planning on keeping Brasier on my 35 man roster in a 30 team league if that helps you out.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Murderball posted:

Redraft: Garret Hampson and Nick Senzel- should they be owned over Brad Peacock or Seth Lugo?

How many teams? Roto or h2h?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Murderball posted:

12 team standard roto. I invested in speed. Turner, Merrifield, Pham, Segura. But then some slowpokes later on.

I love guys like Lugo and Peacock in roto leagues as long relievers and you’re pretty well stacked for SB already. They’ll give you quality innings, helping in Ks and rate stats. Maybe compromise and grab one from both groups if you have empty roster slots?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

fawning deference posted:

I have a competitive 12-team $75 buy-in keeper league and a team is open to be taken over! Teams get 6 keepers. Roto. Standard live draft.

R, H, HR, RBI, AVG, OBP, SLG, SB
IP, SV, HLD, QS, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9

Let me know if anyone is interested! This league is fun!!

What site and when’s the draft? I’d be interested if it’s on yahoo or fantrax.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Did my Yahoo draft, I screwed up picking Manaea (didn't know he was recovering from injury)

C: Grandal, Meija
1B: T.Shaw
2B: O. Albies
3B: A. Rendon
SS: T.Story
OF: B.Harper, M.Conforto, M. Brantley, M.Kepler
UTIL: J.Wendle, A.Cabrera, M.Franco

SP: A. Nola, J.Berrios, T.Williams, J.Quintana, M.Gonzales, S. Manaea
RP: A.Miller, T. May, R.Iglesias

That’s a solid talent pool, but could end up being a very ugly rotation without significant year over year improvement. I’d maybe look at trading Albies for another Tier 2 pitcher and plug Wendle in at 2nd.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Yahoo! Should I PM you?

That works for me!

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I forgot I don't have PM's... maybe email?

deleted email

resident fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 5, 2019

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

12-team, H2H, 7x7 (OBP, SLG + QS, L), I have the 3rd overall pick:

JD Martinez is my man, right?

I figure Trout/Mookie go 1-2, and then I'm picking from JDM, Arenado, and J-Ram. I usually try to avoid Red Sox players if I can get an equal on another team, but it seems like he's too good to pass up.

Since PitcherList has made it into the OP right off the bat, The Athletic's fantasy stuff was going to be my "Hey check this poo poo out dudes" contribution this year and I've been beaten. But yes, there's a lot of stuff in here and it's pretty nice.

Eno's public-facing Tableau page has his positional scarcity stuff, which is pretty much tiering but a little harder to quickly search.

The only thing I checked to use as a devil's advocate argument against JD was that he's older than 30 & might sit during H2H playoffs, but he played every game after Boston clinched last year so I've got no reason not to take him in the 3rd slot with your scoring format.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

Is everyone still using fangraphs steamer for a reliable-ish projection?

I use Roster Resource for PA estimates.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I’d be in for a draft the night of the 24th.

E: but not on espn

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I did a draft with my 17 year H2H friends league last night. Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it’s the lack of good options... 5 guys didn’t even pick a catcher.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I also got Voit super late (275) in my 14 team 5x5 H2H league. Seems like there’s just too much opportunity to ignore there.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

God damnit.... I was back at my parents in the central time zone when I saw the draft time update to 7:30. I’m loving dumb.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

At least I got Rhys and Cutch in all my drafts this year, intentional or auto!

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Has anyone successfully skirted Yahoo's cash league payment system from a puritanical, non-online sports gambling state?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Dustin May also had a solid spring if they decide Stripling is best in long relief.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

ChiTownEddie posted:

If Gennett is badly hurt (I have him for very cheap) would you rather keep Puig or German Marquez at $13 (or neither)?

Can you post your team & league settings? This is a pretty hard comparison in a vacuum.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

ChiTownEddie posted:

It's a 12 team roto, 4x4: R, RBI, SB, OPS and IP, ERA, WHIP, K.

Not counting HR is an affront to the baseball gods and you should quit this league immediately. I’d probably take Marquez in this format though.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Luke “Babe Ruth” Voit is hitting 162 homers

resident
Dec 22, 2005

K/9 stud. HR/9 dud.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I put up 675 pts in a H2H points league, with the next closest guy below me in a different match up, last years champion, hitting 594. Of course I faced the guy with Khris Davis and Altuve who totaled 713. :waycool:

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

Rumors of Miguel Cabrera's demise may have been premature.

White Sox pitching barely counts as major league level.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

In a league which counts IP, K/9, K/BB, ERA, WHIP, and QS, I sold high on Glasnow and got Carrasco - I figured Carrasco has insanely good rate stats and K's and his BABIP is .420. I love Glasnow but I think from this point on I am getting the better pitcher and Carrasco was a great buy low. SAS please poo poo on me if this is not the case.

I’m on the other end of the trade. My (inherited) team is poo poo without any true first or even early second rounders and I need to get some quality keeper talent so I’m crossing my fingers Glasnow has permanently turned a corner in his career, even if he regresses a bit.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

What do you guys think of this trade in a 5x5 H2H redraft league?

Give:
Boyd
Flaherty
Pham

Get:
Lindor
Votto
Folty

Assuming Lindor turns it around, he's the prize of the trade, but Votto & Folty are super high risk at this point. I'd have Rhys Hopkins slide from 1B to OF to replace Pham, and Lindor would essentially send Dietrich/Shaw to my bench.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Simpsons Reference posted:

Is that on the table? Because if so, take it!

I'm going to offer it, and think it has a pretty decent shot at being accepted. I just wanted to see how high on Boyd, or low on Votto/Folty people are before throwing it out.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I had an incredible pitching week. 53 innings with a 2.53 ERA and 1.07 WHIP. My rear end in a top hat friend that never checks his team while still rostering Keuchel got 16IP, 1 over weekly minimum, and is beating me with a 1.7 ERA and .75 WHIP.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

resident posted:

What do you guys think of this trade in a 5x5 H2H redraft league?

Give:
Boyd
Flaherty
Pham

Get:
Lindor
Votto
Folty

Assuming Lindor turns it around, he's the prize of the trade, but Votto & Folty are super high risk at this point. I'd have Rhys Hopkins slide from 1B to OF to replace Pham, and Lindor would essentially send Dietrich/Shaw to my bench.

This trade just went through. :toot:

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Any thoughts on Derek Dietrich or Ronny Rodriguez rest of season? I'm currently rostering both as hot hitting, multi-position guys, but probably need to turn at least one back into a pitcher streaming spot.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Holy poo poo the Biebs single handedly brought me back within a Kyle Hendricks quality start of winning my points league matchup that I thought was for sure out of reach.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I’m so used to my league with k/bb and k/9 as the last ratios shown it didn’t even phase me.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I'm throwing out this trade, trying to catch all the underperforming Indians. I'm hoping Jimmy Nelson gets called up soon & would be an acceptable Wheeler replacement. Oscar Mercado is also very tempting on the waivers if he can keep up a 300+ AVG.

Give:
Hoskins
Wheeler

Get:
Jose Ramirez

E: holy poo poo he accepted it within 5 minutes.

resident fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 30, 2019

resident
Dec 22, 2005

My team is a sub-mediocre, non-playoff team at this point so all I can really do is cross my fingers that Machado, Lindor, and JoRam all figure it out second half and I eek into the playoffs to destroy the dreams of the 1 & 2 seeds.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Is cutting Robles for Mercado a fair move? Robles appears to have forgotten how to hit after April. My only other thought is to try to package him into a 2 for 1 trade, and then pick up Mercado.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I have Scherzer & a bunch of garbage pitchers. Is this trade reasonable if my plan is to punt pitching counting stats and load up on reasonably high inning relievers that are pitching lights out this year to win ERA/WHIP? Standard 5x5 H2H league

Give:
Scherzer
Lourdes Gurriel

Get:
Judge
Springer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resident
Dec 22, 2005

My Lourdes & savior :swoon: Thanks league mate for not taking my Scherzer + Lourdes trade.