Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think I built a hell of a team here:

C - Wilson Contreras
1B - Travis Shaw
2B - Ozzie Albies
3B - Manny Machado
SS - Jose Peraza
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Juan Soto
OF - George Springer
Util - David Dahl
Util - Eloy Jimenez
BN - Pete Alonso

SP - Zach Greinke
SP - German Marquez
RP - Mychal Givens
RP - Hunter Strickland
P - Tyler Glasnow
P - Joey Luchessi
P - Tyler Skaggs
P - Brandon Woodruff
BN - Yusei Kikuchi
BN - Brandon Morrow
BN - Shane Greene

I'm punting saves and most of my pitching is bad or sleepers, but holy hell that lineup. I'm going to win every category every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I took Greinke over Clevenger and I'm gonna regret that all, year, long.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The ideal fantasy baseball league only lists dingers as a countable stat

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rand alPaul posted:

Shane Greene is going to save 50 games for a crappy Tigers team this season.

Why I will never draft saves until the last two rounds

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah but the problem is setup men will also disappoint you when some random bullpen guy somehow gets all the save opportunities and runs away with the job, only to disappoint the next person who foolishly drafts him the year after, thus beginning the cycle anew.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Pussy Boss posted:

My favorite part of fantasy baseball is when all of my players start dying at once

I prefer the ridiculous 0/50 slumps after you think your team might be good

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Welp gently caress my pitching for this week already

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Oops forgot to thank god now half my teams injured

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This looks like another year where I say gently caress pitching every week and just hope for the win in Ks

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
You should never veto for trade rape you should veto for collusion. Ripping someone off isn't a vetoable reason and he should be mad.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Some dummy cut Snell and I only have the 5th waiver wire

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

It gets better

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Lost out on the Snell got cut sweepstakes D:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

the_american_dream posted:

Who wins 12 team cat h2h

German Marquez/Max Muncy

Gerrit Cole/Dan Murphy

Even healthy you want Muncy and Marquez over those two. Murphy isn't going to hit for any stat besides average. Coles good but Marquez is good too and might produce a lot outside of Coors.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
There's something wrong with the system when I hit non stop dingers but lose every category because dumb people out there think there's more stats in baseballs than mollywhops

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah talk about Greene giving me 10 saves after going undrafted in my league where people were snapping up closers in the 4th round.

Also side note it feels like there's a bunch of hitters out there sapping the powers of legitimate, consistent hitters. Too many random people hitting above .350 and too many hitting below .200.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I drafted Rizzo for years, never again

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Fast Luck posted:

I quit him this year after having him for the past five. Last year he was just so slump-prone and it seemed like a trend to me.

Chris Davis has been outperforming him lately. Dropping Rizzo for Chris Davis and it actually working is about the funniest thing I can think of.

Yeah I have no idea how he produces stats each year when it seems like he's in a perpetual slump

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

the_american_dream posted:

I’ve never owned Rizzo but that year he was second base elg was pretty funny.

The downside of that year is he didn't get second base eligibility til like halfway through the fantasy playoffs, at least in Yahoo. I remember checking that poo poo every day and it just never happening.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The jerkass who stole Snell on the waivers from me picked up Buttrey 3 minutes ago, what a jerkass

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Glasnow is out 4-6 weeks with a mild forearm strain.

gently caress ya gently caress me in the face

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Bregor posted:

Better than TJ brother

No doubt he's just like my 6th DL now

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rand alPaul posted:

Benching Bryce Harper in all leagues, dropping Travis Shaw in all leagues. :feelsgood:

Yeah I'm about to cut bait on Shaw even though the waiver wire has nothing

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah I'd prob do that even if Stanton isn't healthy and is coming back soon. He finished lamely but between June to August he was smoking last year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
ADD GRIENKE TO MY DEAD PILE

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
In a sport with no contact the rate of which players horrifically injure themselves for months on end continuously astounds me

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Who the gently caress names their kid Shed

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also Eloy isn't making me hate life anymore!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Sano was cut should I mash add him?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I just swapped Shane Greene for Starling Marte I'm not sure if it was a good trade but I'm finally off the Shane Greene wild ride

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My technique is I send a bunch of fair offers that people automatically reject because no one ever wants to trade unless they're loving over someone huge.

Also for some reason people love relief pitchers more than anything else. It's like tossing an SoJ into the trade offer.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Caleb Smith was cut should I bet on a bounceback after his last few outings?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Pussy Boss posted:

Can I drop Eloy Jimenez yet

Cowards

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Manny Machado: wtf is his problem

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Simpsons Reference posted:

Picked Trea Turner over Christian Yelich

Weirdly picking Mike Trout over Christian Yelich

Every day I wonder how much better my team would have been if I'd picked Arenado instead of Jose Ramirez. No other changes, just that one.

That's really your own fault though Jose was on avoid drafting lists everywhere

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I guess? I mean, before the second half swoon he had two and a half years of good-to-fantastic production, and his walk rate was way up. Everyone saying he sold out for power doesn't make much sense either, since he hit most of his homers before the slump. Hindsight is 20/20 but everywhere I saw had him ranked only behind Trout and Betts.

He turded out in August and September then went hitless in the playoffs too. I don't know where you were looking but Trout, Betts, Yelich, Trea, and Baez looked like the top 5 on most sites I was checking out with Jose falling out of the first.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
That guy too!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I feel like Kyle Seager is included in every awful one sided trade offer regardless of what league youre in

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'll never forgive Yahoo. Also all pitcher's batting should count to nerf people who load up on NL pitchers in Petco and Oracle while rewarding those who draft boss rear end I ain't getting struck out pitchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I feel like every middling closer I've touched this year has turned out pretty good. Shane Green, Hector Neris, Luke Jackson, Shawn Kelly. I seriously don't see the point in drafting closers.