Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
What am I supposed to do with this keeper I have named Manny Machado?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm looking for some keeper advice. I'm in a 12 team H2H points league with a $260 budget auction draft. I can keep between 5 and 9 players, here are my options:

Manny Machado - $35
Gleyber Torres - $10
Miguel Andujar - $10
Mallex Smith - $10
Kyle Tucker - $10
Carlos Santana - $7
Gerrit Cole - $19
Mike Foltynewicz - $5
Ivan Nova - $2
Steven Matz - $8

I'm definitely keeping Machado, Torres, Andujar, Cole, and Folty, probably Nova too (he's not great but I think he's good enough for $2). I'm on the fence about Matz and Santana. I'm optimistic about Matz but he has trouble staying healthy. And Santana is cheap enough, but I think I would rather draft someone better. I also want to keep Smith and Tucker as well, but I think I can just draft them again for a cheaper price. I might be able to draft Matz cheaper too.

I can also commit to Machado for 2 years for a $10 inflation, so $45 for the next two years. Not sure if that's worth it, but that's probably what he'd be going for in the draft anyway.

Someone has also offered me his $2 Scooter Gennett for 2 auction dollars, so it would essentially cost me $4 for him, and I'm considering that. I'm not too familiar with NL players, but I always thought Scooter was underrated, and CBS is pretty high on him too.

Ideally I want as many cheap keepers as possible. I want to go after Trout in the draft and that will take up a lot of my budget, probably at least $55. I think if I keep Machado, Torres, Andujar, Cole, Folty, Nova, and trade for Scooter, that will leave me with $181 to draft with, and that should be plenty if I'm smart about it.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I really want to draft Voit, but I already have Torres and Andujar as keepers and don't want a third of my hitters being from one team. I might just go after him anyway and then and then see if I can trade one of the Yankees for an upgrade elsewhere. It all depends in how much it'll cost me though since it's an auction draft and in terrible at those.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My draft is in an hour and I've been making sure all the guys I want to draft are healthy. I didn't prepare at all for my draft last year and ended up taking a couple injured players late because the clock was ticking and didn't have time to look.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My points league doesn't score holds, so any reliever not getting saves is useless. Teams doing closer by committee is frustrating, because with weekly lineups it's too hard to predict who will get saves. I currently have Trevor May and for now he's just going to sit on my bench. I drafted him for a cheap price thinking he would be full time closer, so I'm not quite ready to drop him in case he starts getting more save opportunities. If he improves his value I'll probably try trading him, but most likely I'll have pitcher injuries and be forced to start May for inconsistent saves in a desperate attempt to not fall too far behind in the standings.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Super cool that Andujar was placed on the IL like an hour before rosters locked for the week. Obviously I had plenty of time to change my lineup to accommodate my injured player.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Apparently Scherzer going 6.1 IP and 4ER is good enough for a quality start for my opponent. I should still win the week anyway unless he somehow gets like 4 saves, but I'd like to know how that was a QS. I'm sure it'll get fixed but in the unlikelihood that I lose and that QS is the difference I'll be pissed.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Who's going to be getting saves for Philly, Dominguez or Neris? I actually have room on my roster to pick up both, I'll try to do that without spending too much FAAB money on it. I just don't know which one of the two to make a more aggressive bid on.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Should I try to buy low on Sale? I kind of want to since his velocity has been up, but I have no idea what would be good value for him right now. I have Foltynewicz coming off the IL that I could offer, would that be enough? Should I offer more? Or should I stay away from Sale?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I currently have Miggy at 1B. Should I buy low on Votto or should I aim higher for an upgrade?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I would probably take that deal. It's not a bad trade and it addresses your current needs. It will probably work out for you unless one of those guys gets hurt. But if you want to try getting the most value out of your players I think you can do better.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I hate it when you put up a bunch of points in a week and still lose to one of two guys who have more points than you. It's so loving infuriating.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Did I miss the window to buy low on Sale? I might try to trade for Syndergaard without giving up a whole lot.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

the_american_dream posted:

Going a collected 3/35 on Sunday is goooood poo poo

My team went 3-21 today and my opponent went 12-29. Good thing I was ahead by a decent amount going in to today, otherwise this would have been an epic Sunday collapse against a very weak team.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I think I'm going to lose this week and it's probably going to be because I'm stupid and have Gleyber Torres on my bench. And also, being greedy and starting Folty on a 2 start week is going to screw me over too.

Jingleheimer fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 16, 2019

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I'm holding like he is can't miss.

I'm doing the same thing. Tucker is another good one to go after if Yordan isn't available, he's playing almost as good as Yordan this year. Yordan probably gets called up first between the two of them though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

The Pussy Boss posted:

Guy is still shopping Harper for a 1B. I have Goldy, Voit and Alonso and need a third baseman badly. Thinking about offering Goldschmidt + Clint Frazier (my most expendable bench guy) for Harper+Sano. Would that be a fair trade?

I would probably make that offer, but Harper is a bit difficult to value right now. I think Harper is finally starting to put it together, but even if he goes back to sucking, getting Sano is probably worth the downgrade at 1B. Especially if you're desperate for a 3B.

As a Harper owner myself, I am very happy to be in a points league with no penalty for strikeouts. The rest of my team is terrible though so it really doesn't matter I guess.