Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
Arizona Hotshots
Atlanta Legends
Birmingham Iron
Memphis Express
Orlando Apollos
Salt Lake Stallions
San Antonio Commanders
San Diego Fleet
View Results

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I think I'm stuck having to be a Birmingham fan?

But I see a lot of Memphis fans declared... serious question -- how many of yall live close enough and would actually attend games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Apparently I'm supposed to be an Iron fan, but gently caress that, I already picked the Fleet weeks ago. Also Ross coming outta nowhere to defend the Pats this week pushed me over the top #AllHandsOnDeck

Speaking of, let's check in on the team hashtag

https://twitter.com/HealthZuri/status/1092986185180434435

:chloe:

Much like the Ebola virus, the Fleet are gonna kill any motherfuckers in their way

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

THE HACK will provide you with a passing attack much like the one the Memphis Fightin' FedExes namesake provides: a few tries then you have to go pick up the package yourself. Which is basically the package delivery version of a punt.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

vegas lines are out

win totals
Arizona Hotshots: 6.5
Over 6.5 (-110)
Under 6.5 (-120)

Orlando Apollos: 6
Over 6 (-115)
Under 6 (-115)

San Antonio Commanders: 5.5
Over 5.5 (-130)
Under 5.5 (+100)

Memphis Express: 5
Over 5 (-120)
Under 5 (-110)

San Diego Fleet: 4.5
Over 4.5 (-130)
Under 4.5 (+100)

Salt Lake Stallions: 4.5
Over 4.5 (-120)
Under 4.5 (-110)

Atlanta Legends: 4
Over 4 (-115)
Under 4 (-115)

Birmingham Iron: 3.5
Over 3.5 (-110)
Under 3.5 (-120)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Sash! posted:

THE HACK will provide you with a passing attack much like the one the Memphis Fightin' FedExes namesake provides: a few tries then you have to go pick up the package yourself. Which is basically the package delivery version of a punt.

I love everything about this post

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
I am declaring loyalty to salt Lake because that logo is dope as heck. My wife had declared loyalty to Birmingham because of the lady coach. We are a house divided

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

#ForgeOn Trent you crazy diamond. I will root for the Iron till they put a team in or near Ohio #BringBackThePanhandles .

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

#ForgeOn Trent you crazy diamond. I will root for the Iron till they put a team in or near Ohio #BringBackThePanhandles .

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I am declaring loyalty to salt Lake because that logo is dope as heck. My wife had declared loyalty to Birmingham because of the lady coach. We are a house divided

I can see how this may place a great strain on your marriage. Who is the lady coach?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Preseason power rankings are out. CBS is all over Arizona's nuts. #PaperChampions

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaf-power-rankings-arizona-hotshots-at-the-top-before-week-1-of-new-alliance-of-american-football/

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I feel like the Memphis Express are going to be very popular around here, but as a Penn State album I have a special obligation to the Hack. And I have been waiting years to see him play again. Go Express!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Crescent Wrench posted:

I feel like the Memphis Express are going to be very popular around here, but as a Penn State album I have a special obligation to the Hack. And I have been waiting years to see him play again. Go Express!

I'm curious how Pig Howard will perform.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Colostomy Bag posted:

I can see how this may place a great strain on your marriage. Who is the lady coach?

That'd be assistant D-Line coach Lori "Lo" Locust.

Here she is talking about how she just wants to be a coach, not a female coach.

https://youtu.be/k6ElLnAA2Lo

She interned for the Ravens and was an assistant coach for the uhhh... Lehigh Valley Steelhawks?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Well duh, we are loaded what with...

/squints

quote:

The first is that they might have the best one-two punch at quarterback with John Wolford and Trevor Knight.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The Fleet should have Dazzle Camo helmets.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Doronin posted:

But I see a lot of Memphis fans declared... serious question -- how many of yall live close enough and would actually attend games?

Me. I am probably going to go to the home opener against Arizona.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hey where's the best place to go to see each team's uniforms?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 6, 2019

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

C-Euro posted:

Hey where's the best place to go to see each team's uniforms?

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/aaf-football-ranking-the-eight-uniforms-unveiled-for-2019-league/

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Thanks, these look like special weapon color swaps from a Megaman game in a way that I'm super down with.

E:

I knew I recognized those Fleet uniforms from somewhere.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 6, 2019

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Doronin posted:

TBH my chance of visiting one of these games is around 0.99%. Memphis is probably around a 6-7 hour drive but it is a helluva lot closer than the other ones.

But hell I'm the type of guy that will visit a stadium and team while in town no matter the sport.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Thanks, these look like special weapon color swaps from a Megaman game in a way that I'm super down with.

lmao they do! That's funny.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I have Fleet season tickets and am all in.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I shall be definitely attending some Apollos games

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1093234211547475969

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nice. Maybe Houston could get Hayden Fry.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

"Upstaging"

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

"Upstaging"

Thought that was a funny choice of words as well...

I will defend this league, and my Arizona Hotshots, that I have only really cared about for the past 3 days with every fiber of my being!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I can't wait until the AAF and the XFL play a game between them and name the AAF-XFL championship something dumb and just barely not infringing like the Superb Bowl or something.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Strobe posted:

I can't wait until the AAF and the XFL play a game between them and name the AAF-XFL championship something dumb and just barely not infringing like the Superb Bowl or something.

Ultimate troll move would be calling it The Big Game

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If I don't get to see Hackenberg throw passes I'm going to very upset.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Ultimate troll move would be calling it The Big Game

The BCS National Championship Game

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The BTS National Championship Game

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Welp glad to know where Pagano ended up.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Don't care, there's a chance I can be watching a "professional" football team with an offense led by Johnny Manziel (if the Alouettes get rid of him) and Trent Richardson one day in the near future.

It'd be almost as glorious as the Curtis Painter led Colts.

Edit: What if Peterman went to the AAF and went like lights loving out throwing for something gawdy like 9 touchdowns.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

weird Asian candy posted:

Thought that was a funny choice of words as well...

I will defend this league, and my Arizona Hotshots, that I have only really cared about for the past 3 days with every fiber of my being!

Three days? Man you are a long time fan. Since this morning my allegiance is for the Express.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Three days? Man you are a long time fan. Since this morning my allegiance is for the Express.

I am no bandwagoner, Colostomy Bag!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm the original AAF fan

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

a neat cape posted:

I'm the original AAF fan

Well look at you, I guess you'll start out saying you've been a fan for 4 days.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

waah posted:

Edit: What if Peterman went to the AAF and went like lights loving out throwing for something gawdy like 9 touchdowns.

It's nice to dream about but I don't think even Peterman can throw that many pick sixes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I saw Keith Price is on the Irons, and even though he isn't starting, hell yeah go Irons, bitch.

Also gently caress Rick Neuheisel